Starbox September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! I love colors like this:) they look really pretty and i have nothing like them! So looking foward to it:)

I don't have anything like them, either!  I'm so excited to get mine now!!!!!!!!! 
15d.gif
  I'll be very interested to try the primer.  I usually use Stilla's Primer Pot in Taffy.  It's a nice opaque pink that covers the blue shadows at the inner corners of my eyes (bridge of the nose).  Really haven't tried any others, so that'll be cool.

I'm sorry but I think this box is terrible. When I saw that it included a 5 eyeshadow palette I was really excited but when I saw the colors swatched I seriously thought it was a joke. I would NEVER need 5 colors like that. Pastels, really? Those colors do not say Fall, and I really don't see how they relate to this month's lookbook. In the pics from the lookbook you can definitely see a white/cream eyeshadow, but it looks more matte and less iridescent. And again, do I really need 5 variations of the same iridescent eyeshadow? Nope. Huge letdown. It looks like makeup colors my little sister would play with...she's 6. This is the first time the makeup looked really cheap to me. (Ha, can you tell I'm really disappointed?) It's a huge departure from the quality of the last 4 boxes and I'm tempted to cancel. I'm hopeful though, and might stick around to see if things return to being good next month.

Originally Posted by YoungHopes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry but I think this box is terrible. When I saw that it included a 5 eyeshadow palette I was really excited but when I saw the colors swatched I seriously thought it was a joke. I would NEVER need 5 colors like that. Pastels, really? Those colors do not say Fall, and I really don't see how they relate to this month's lookbook. In the pics from the lookbook you can definitely see a white/cream eyeshadow, but it looks more matte and less iridescent. And again, do I really need 5 variations of the same iridescent eyeshadow? Nope. Huge letdown. It looks like makeup colors my little sister would play with...she's 6. This is the first time the makeup looked really cheap to me. (Ha, can you tell I'm really disappointed?) It's a huge departure from the quality of the last 4 boxes and I'm tempted to cancel. I'm hopeful though, and might stick around to see if things return to being good next month.

Since this particular palette doesn't seem to be available on their website, if you really don't like or want it, I would possibly be interested in trading you something for it, but I don't have a lot in my trade pile right now...I know I'll definitely be trading the lipstick from Glossybox (assuming I get it) and I'm sure I have a few other things...just let me know if you'd be open to it!

I've been planning on subbing, but after seeing that palette I think I'll hold off or purchase the boxes after they've gone out for money $. That palette just isn't for me. Pastels don't work for my skintone to begin with, don't seem fall-esque, and just seem childish in general.

Just took a glimpse at the swatches. Yes they do look sheer, but I love the iridescent colors! So pretty! These colors can be layered on top of whatever desired color you choose to bring an unexpected pop of color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Definitely proof everyone's looking for something a bit different - I think they're really pretty, and didn't think childish at all!  Very different from things I'd usually buy - I tend to gravitate towards earth tones.  But that's the reason I'm enjoying subbing.  Broaden my horizons a bit! 
top.gif

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since this particular palette doesn't seem to be available on their website, if you really don't like or want it, I would possibly be interested in trading you something for it, but I don't have a lot in my trade pile right now...I know I'll definitely be trading the lipstick from Glossybox (assuming I get it) and I'm sure I have a few other things...just let me know if you'd be open to it!
I'm subbed to Glossybox so I'm assuming I'll get the lipstick as well, but I'm definitely interested in another trade. Do you have your trade list on this board? If you don't have anything I'm interested in I'm not opposed to just sending you the palette b/c I'd feel really bad just throwing it away. Waste not, want not...

Quite frankly I don't think any color is off limits because of age, let alone childish. Women of all ages wear a variety of colors. From a few comments I've seen I am guessing some people just don't know how to use lighter colors. All the colors may not scream fall (well actually the green does), but they sure do scream winter. They are perfect for highlights or for a snowy ethereal look. Not everyone is about wearing dark eye shadows all the time. This is further proof that we all have different opinions. I watch people fawn over other subs that give out "less than desirable" items all the time.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quite frankly I don't think any color is off limits because of age, let alone childish. Women of all ages wear a variety of colors. From a few comments I've seen I am guessing some people just don't know how to use lighter colors. All the colors may not scream fall (well actually the green does), but they sure do scream winter. They are perfect for highlights or for a snowy ethereal look. Not everyone is about wearing dark eye shadows all the time. This is further proof that we all have different opinions. I watch people fawn over other subs that give out "less than desirable" items all the time.
It's less about age and more about skin color, really skin tone, that affects which colors compliment someone. The Queen Bee, Ms. Lisa Eldridge does a beautiful tutorial on pastels called Candy Coloured Make-up on her youtube channel (mind you it was for Spring 2012 season, not Fall/Winter). The model she uses has very fair/pale skin and she says that pastels look best on people with that kind of coloring. People with darker skin tones, she says, need brighter colors or else the pastels look too white, or they can combine the pastels with a brown/grey eyeshadow to add more definition. That point seems obvious, so while I know how to use lighter colors, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the most complimentary on me. Starlooks states in their FAQs, "We are currently only sending hand picked colors and products that cater to all skin types and tones..." I don't think they did that here.  

It's less about age and more about skin color, really skin tone, that affects which colors compliment someone. The Queen Bee, Ms. Lisa Eldridge does a beautiful tutorial on pastels called Candy Coloured Make-up on her youtube channel (mind you it was for Spring 2012 season, not Fall/Winter). The model she uses has very fair/pale skin and she says that pastels look best on people with that kind of coloring. People with darker skin tones, she says, need brighter colors or else the pastels look too white, or they can combine the pastels with a brown/grey eyeshadow to add more definition. That point seems obvious, so while I know how to use lighter colors, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the most complimentary on me. Starlooks states in their FAQs, "We are currently only sending hand picked colors and products that cater to all skin types and tones..." I don't think they did that here.  
Like I said in my former post, "This is further proof that we all have different opinions."

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm subbed to Glossybox so I'm assuming I'll get the lipstick as well, but I'm definitely interested in another trade. Do you have your trade list on this board? If you don't have anything I'm interested in I'm not opposed to just sending you the palette b/c I'd feel really bad just throwing it away. Waste not, want not...

My trade list is currently empty (I put what was on it in one of the traveling boxes) but when I'm off on Monday, I'll look around and see what I've got and get it updated! Especially let me know what kinds of things you like (skincare, makeup colors and types, etc) because I often have things I don't necessarily intend to trade, but I'm not opposed to parting with for a trade, y'know?

And if nothing else, I wouldn't be opposed to sending you a few bucks via Paypal or something for it, to cover shipping and whatnot.

The pastels are right up my alley for work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think they are beautiful and I'm excited to get them, and try to recreate the look in their look book, Thanx Starlooks! Great job! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't have my box yet so I don't know what the feeling of these are but from the pics it looks almost like pure shimmer. Any possible way to use them over a different shadow to add a color shimmer? Say you're wearing brown on your lid and want a green pop, could that be added?

I am a little worried that I never got a confirmation! I have always gotten one but I guess I'll keep calm till next week! But I wanna see color swatches anyone have them ?

Oh awesome I'll go look at her blog link! Thank you ! I also saw a video .. Starlooks gave someone a pink box for her birthday! That was super sweet! The pink box is super cute and perfect! Omg I just looked at the swatches they are so heavenly to me:) I can't wait to use them! I hope they come in before I leave this week so I can take them on the road to play with:)

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh awesome I'll go look at her blog link! Thank you !

I also saw a video .. Starlooks gave someone a pink box for her birthday! That was super sweet! The pink box is super cute and perfect!

Omg I just looked at the swatches they are so heavenly to me:) I can't wait to use them! I hope they come in before I leave this week so I can take them on the road to play with:)
Can you link to the video please?  I'd love to see it!

I will send you a link via pm me because the quality of the video is terrible! I'll do that when I get home! I did get my starlooks box! I never received the confirmation but glad to see it arrived:) I can't wait the colors are so beautiful and all pick up on the individual colors extremely well! I was worried they would all have the same look but the colors are very defined for me! Awesome box! Love the eye jewelry as well!

Latest posts

Back