Starbox September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

I GOT MY BOX TODAY!!!  I can't wait to use the products!  =D  Eyelash glue to afix the gems?

I belong to 6 Beauty Subscriptions Services and Starbox is by far one of the best!!! You get full size products that are wonderful quality and a lot of thought goes into what is sent and the campaign for the month!! Love mine!! Plus you can purchase past boxes!! 

Somehow I didn't get a Youtube notice of the "Why, Marci?" from yesterday.  If you didn't either, here it is:

Edit to say:  apparently I didn't get notice 'cause I wasn't subscribed!!!  =/

Has anyone noticed that "cruelty" is misspelled on the back of the shadow palette box? lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, just curious, if makeup is made in China (as these shadows are) can they still be labeled as cruelty-free since China has that weird animal testing on cosmetics policy? I'm just curious, I don't know much about it. But I remember Urban Decay was going to lose their cruelty-free status when they went to China so it got me wondering.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone noticed that "cruelty" is misspelled on the back of the shadow palette box? lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, just curious, if makeup is made in China (as these shadows are) can they still be labeled as cruelty-free since China has that weird animal testing on cosmetics policy? I'm just curious, I don't know much about it. But I remember Urban Decay was going to lose their cruelty-free status when they went to China so it got me wondering.
Its only if you sell in China that you have to follow their policy. A lot of urban decay is actually already made in China, just not sold there! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its only if you sell in China that you have to follow their policy. A lot of urban decay is actually already made in China, just not sold there! 
Ohhhh okay! Good to know.

Hello ladies! I'm so excited to read all of your thoughts on September! I just wanted to clarify the last couple of posts for you. Thank you for bringing the spelling of "cruelty" to my attention. I'm laughing my butt off right now. Going to have to talk to my box manufacturer about that! According to US regulation, we are required to notify you of where each of our components are manufactured. Our actual makeup is not made in China. Our containers and components are. We outsource all packaging from China because their designs are pretty and I like the packaging designed over there best. Our actual product inside is formulated in Canada and here in California. We appreciate you paying attention to the contents however, it shows you care about the ingredients and that we are confirming that we DO NOT test on animals and are completely cruelty free. Oh, and I appreciate the post of my first "Why, Marci?" video. I hope you enjoy- even though I was MORE THAN nervous. Xo Marci Star Starlooks

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello ladies! I'm so excited to read all of your thoughts on September!

I just wanted to clarify the last couple of posts for you. Thank you for bringing the spelling of "cruelty" to my attention. I'm laughing my butt off right now. Going to have to talk to my box manufacturer about that!

According to US regulation, we are required to notify you of where each of our components are manufactured. Our actual makeup is not made in China. Our containers and components are. We outsource all packaging from China because their designs are pretty and I like the packaging designed over there best. Our actual product inside is formulated in Canada and here in California.

We appreciate you paying attention to the contents however, it shows you care about the ingredients and that we are confirming that we DO NOT test on animals and are completely cruelty free.

Oh, and I appreciate the post of my first "Why, Marci?" video. I hope you enjoy- even though I was MORE THAN nervous.

Xo Marci Star

Starlooks
I'm really happy to hear that you are in fact cruelty free. That is important to a lot of us.

No need to be nervous. I liked your video. You looked pretty and it was informative.
smilehappyyes.gif

Can't wait to see what is in October!

You came across as so sweet and real - and I loved the info on the products and how to use them!  =)  Please keep making these videos each month!

Hello ladies! I'm so excited to read all of your thoughts on September!

I just wanted to clarify the last couple of posts for you. Thank you for bringing the spelling of "cruelty" to my attention. I'm laughing my butt off right now. Going to have to talk to my box manufacturer about that!

According to US regulation, we are required to notify you of where each of our components are manufactured. Our actual makeup is not made in China. Our containers and components are. We outsource all packaging from China because their designs are pretty and I like the packaging designed over there best. Our actual product inside is formulated in Canada and here in California.

We appreciate you paying attention to the contents however, it shows you care about the ingredients and that we are confirming that we DO NOT test on animals and are completely cruelty free.

Oh, and I appreciate the post of my first "Why, Marci?" video. I hope you enjoy- even though I was MORE THAN nervous.

Xo Marci Star

Starlooks
They typo gives the box "personality" if you ask me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for clarifying!

I just got my first box yesterday and LOVE it! The shadows are so pretty. I like how the primer was included as well; it adds continuity to the theme. Eye jewels are just fun! And the crystals are a lovely touch. The "Why, Marci" video was fab - now I have some tips on how to use the box - no other box seems to do this! I did a blog post on the box - click on my profile if you want the link. 

I LOVE the palette for adding a touch of color to looks. I just apply my shadows are normal, dab on some mixing medium and then apply a bit of the color I want and it gives it a gorgeous color glow without the pastel hues everyone was concerned about.

"mixing medium"?
I used a foiling serum but you can use anything that has a sticky base. I did use the primer for my shadows but I can't say if it works for the shadows that came in the palette since I used it to put over what I already had on.

Wow - I've never even heard of a foiling serum!  Obviously I'm behind the times!  (But heck - I just found out about primers two years ago or so.)

Hello Ladies. I received an INCREDIBLY innovative blog entry today on a different way to use our September Starbox's 5 Shade Shadow Palette.

If you have been curious, or even dissatisfied with these colors so far, particularly if you have a darker skin tone, or you just would like to see another way to use them,  please read this blog entry. Stephanie has swatched the colors for you over a black base, and they turned out beautiful!

We love to see the different ways you use our products, and I LOVE to feature my subscriber's clever makeup ideas, so if YOU have any others, please email me at [email protected], and we will feature your trick all over our social media.

Also, I hope that I may have introduced to all of you wonderful professionals a new blogger friend! Check out her blog with tips here:

http://www.stephanielouiseatb.blogspot.com/2012/10/starlooks-starbox-for-september-2012-my.html

And here's a quick pic of her swatch idea!!! 

Thank you all, I can't wait to hear from you!

Marci xo

I love my eye shadows! I have been wearing it all week to work and it makes me feel like a super star! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I may not be one but my eyes sure think they are:)!!!

Hello Ladies. I received an INCREDIBLY innovative blog entry today on a different way to use our September Starbox's 5 Shade Shadow Palette.

If you have been curious, or even dissatisfied with these colors so far, particularly if you have a darker skin tone, or you just would like to see another way to use them,  please read this blog entry. Stephanie has swatched the colors for you over a black base, and they turned out beautiful!

We love to see the different ways you use our products, and I LOVE to feature my subscriber's clever makeup ideas, so if YOU have any others, please email me at [email protected], and we will feature your trick all over our social media.

Also, I hope that I may have introduced to all of you wonderful professionals a new blogger friend! Check out her blog with tips here:

http://www.stephanielouiseatb.blogspot.com/2012/10/starlooks-starbox-for-september-2012-my.html

And here's a quick pic of her swatch idea!!! 

Thank you all, I can't wait to hear from you!

Marci xo
I really liked the shadows as they were but I love this idea too. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back