(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and canceled.

It was quick and easy, the rep was really nice.

She did ask why I was canceling. I just said its because I have plenty of nail polish now.

Have fun with your subscription everyone.

I need to be saving that money for other things.
I need to put my big girl panties on and follow your lead.  I hate the phone, so I just skip and be lazy.  But I wont support shipping through DHL, and now they're sending monthly boxes out with DHL...so now I really need to cancel.  

It was a decent 2 year run Julep, but our ending has soured out.  I wish they hadn't made so many changes in all aspects all at once.  They fizzled out a lot from bad choices (in my opinion).  

I need to put my big girl panties on and follow your lead.  I hate the phone, so I just skip and be lazy.  But I wont support shipping through DHL, and now they're sending monthly boxes out with DHL...so now I really need to cancel.  

It was a decent 2 year run Julep, but our ending has soured out.  I wish they hadn't made so many changes in all aspects all at once.  They fizzled out a lot from bad choices (in my opinion).  
I agree, I canceled this month.  It was quick and painless - if you don't want to talk to someone live, just call after hours and leave a voice mail.  I did that and they sent me an email letting me know my sub was canceled.

I do miss it a little bit already, but I have so much polish now.  I guess I'd rather go to Sally's or Ulta and pick out my polish in person.  I got really annoyed with Julep's photos not being accurate, like when I expected to get light purple but got light blue instead!  It's just lazy to not represent your products accurately when your business is online only.

WIth the switch top DHL, I do regret signing up for the 3 month customization.

My box is still sitting around in union city with no signs of movement. Annoying!

I hope they reconsider .. otherwise I'll see when my 3 months are up and Jules are gone and I'm leaving as well. Got enough nail polish for the next few years anyways.

I'd just love a few more stardusts ... and I need Jeanine for our vacation!

Come on DHL!!!!

I thought they were moving away from DHL? All of my boxes and orders have only come USPS and I feel like most of the gals in the swap group just had USPS ship their boxes this month as well. So weird.

I'm up in Alaska so if something comes within a week I'm doing a happy dance. I wait 2-3 weeks for my Birchboxes, as long as I know something is coming its all good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box ... not sure how that happened since tracking wasn't updating .. but I'm glad it's here now.

No pixie sticks .. just the nutritional info ):

Savoy, Bergen and Jeanine all look great in the bottle! Can't wait to try them!!!!

I thought they were moving away from DHL? All of my boxes and orders have only come USPS and I feel like most of the gals in the swap group just had USPS ship their boxes this month as well. So weird.

I'm up in Alaska so if something comes within a week I'm doing a happy dance. I wait 2-3 weeks for my Birchboxes, as long as I know something is coming its all good. 
My secret store order is shipping via DHL.  My June Maven was via USPS.

I always received my Maven boxes 2-Day USPS until this month where mine was shipped DHL. Regular orders are always DHL unless you upgrade your shipping.

My maven box shipped USPS this month and was sent out on May 30th and I got my shipping email on the 31st but there's been no movement since.  I called Julep CS today and they told me to wait until Monday and then they could look further into it. I hope it gets here soon!

I got a notice on May 31 that an order was shipped.  It didn't actually leave the DHL warehouse until June 6.  When I get shipping notices over the weekend, I don't expect the item to ship until Monday night. But not moving until 5 business days after I get a shipping notice seems kind of unreasonable.

I bit the bullet and canceled this morning. Surprisingly, it was super easy and only took a few minutes. Now, onward to Rainbow Honey. Bye everyone! I really enjoyed following this thread.

I went to customized boxes and prepaid in June. So two more boxes and unless I'm super wowed, I'm out. No idea where my June box is at this moment as the tracking isn't working.

I didn't get a box this month, but I did just purchase several sets of Butter London polishes that are on sale at Ulta.  All total, I should be getting 9 polishes, so it will be like receiving an upgraded Julep monthly collection :)

It's not like I needed these at all, but I have zero will power when it comes to good deals on items I would never buy full price.

I got a notice on May 31 that an order was shipped.  It didn't actually leave the DHL warehouse until June 6.  When I get shipping notices over the weekend, I don't expect the item to ship until Monday night. But not moving until 5 business days after I get a shipping notice seems kind of unreasonable.
Dealing with the same and I'm getting pretty irritated about it...

julepdhlwtf.png

I was going to cancel but I am really liking the Beach Tonic. I love the Caudalie Divine Oil but the scent is not very summery. I will just stay subscribed for deals on products more than polish, at least for now.

This reminds me of how Ipsy bags used to be with DHL. They'd get stuck at DHL warehouses for DAYS. So frustrating! 

I was going to cancel but I am really liking the Beach Tonic. I love the Caudalie Divine Oil but the scent is not very summery. I will just stay subscribed for deals on products more than polish, at least for now.
I feel like that is my attitude right now.  I skip way more often than I take my box, but every so often they have a good deal.  More often than not it's products over polish that I jump at, I think I'm getting all polished out.  I don't want to outright cancel and walk away though because I don't want to lose my ability to skip and I'm secretly hoping that everyone cancelling forces them to get their butts in gear and give us some really amazing reasons to stay.  

There's 2 new mystery boxes out. I think I'm actually going to get the one with the pink polish with a 30% gift card I bought a while back. It's so pretty!

eta:  used code POLISHPERK to get Kathy free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back