(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boo. I just called Julep and they haven't even shipped my June box out yet - they said it was because I got an upgraded box. It's supposed to ship out sometime this week. At this rate I won't get it until the end of June  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Still no Maven box or mystery box in the mail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess my Maven box has been delayed because I got the polish lover upgrade (plus three add-ons and the gift that comes with it), but I really wish I had one or the other right now to make up for me being sick. My mystery box is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. If USPS in Orlando holds it hostage like they held my Cupid mystery box for ten days, things will not be pretty.
Julep is full of... I received my upgraded Polish Lover box yesterday. What a lame excuse.  <_<

Both my Overnight Luxe Repair free gift thingy & my June box came today. Let me tell you that they couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

I won't bore you all with details cuz this is Makeup Talk not Olivia*itchesAboutLife.com, but basically nothing went right today. Got harassed by a customer at work, had some scheduling complications with my band which led to cancelling tonight's practice, & got accused of not following through on a commitment I never made with a sorority girl--which resulted in cutting my date with my boyfriend short because of how frazzled I was. So let's just say the [LONG anticipated] arrival of these boxes was the single highlight of my day! Still kinda wondering why I didn't receive the June box on the 30th & my May 18th order of said free gift...well, much earlier...but after all I dealt with today, I'm at no liberty to complain about that. It's here now, that's all that matters. & it wasn't caught in a 3 week long shit storm at a storage room in Seattle like last month's box.

I'm not sure which of my 3 It Girl polishes I should try 1st...what do you think ladies?

& for those who have purchased a Konjac sponge before: did you receive yours wet? Is it supposed to be wet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my Overnight Luxe Repair free gift thingy & my June box came today. Let me tell you that they couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

I won't bore you all with details cuz this is Makeup Talk not Olivia*itchesAboutLife.com, but basically nothing went right today. Got harassed by a customer at work, had some scheduling complications with my band which led to cancelling tonight's practice, & got accused of not following through on a commitment I never made with a sorority girl--which resulted in cutting my date with my boyfriend short because of how frazzled I was. So let's just say the [LONG anticipated] arrival of these boxes was the single highlight of my day! Still kinda wondering why I didn't receive the June box on the 30th & my May 18th order of said free gift...well, much earlier...but after all I dealt with today, I'm at no liberty to complain about that. It's here now, that's all that matters. & it wasn't caught in a 3 week long shit storm at a storage room in Seattle like last month's box.

I'm not sure which of my 3 It Girl polishes I should try 1st...what do you think ladies?

& for those who have purchased a Konjac sponge before: did you receive yours wet? Is it supposed to be wet?
Why would you assume your maven box should have arrived by the 30th?  I don't mean that in a witchy way, I'm just honestly curious.  They don't start shipping until the 28th, usually, and it can't go by fast mail because it is polish.  Receiving it by the 30th would have been really early and not common, generally speaking.  I know some ladies are really lucky and tend to get first wave shipping and receive their boxes quick, but it is completely normal to not receive your box until the first week of that month's box, so by this Saturday.  Just because some months you get lucky with early shipping doesn't mean you always will, or that you're supposed to (like if it went 2-day shipping etc).  I don't understand why somebody would be mad their June maven box wasn't in their hands on May 30th.

After a day like you described I'd be ready to hulk smash some people, lol, and I truly don't mean any of this in a "you're crazy, calm down" way, so I hope you don't read what I've said as anything but curiosity and ramblings...  Seems like your box knew you'd have a bad day and would need cheering up! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Hope you have a better day tomorrow! 

Is the teal textured polish an It Girl color?  I'd pick that one if it is, nice and happy and sparkly.   The sponge is supposed to be damp.  Actually, almost all sponges come damp in packages, which is why they aren't all shriveled and shrunk like after you use them/they dry up.  

Your konjac will probably shrink and harden a little as it dries once you start using it--that's normal and it'll pop back up like new once wet.  Also, if you like it, and Julep doesn't have a good sale on them later when you want to replace it, Amazon sells several kinds of them for cheap.  

Did you all get the email where they said they are changing the rewards program? From what I can tell. They are getting rid of Jules and only giving a $15 voucher to people who get others to sign up. What about people like me who don't want a blog. This is so stupid. I really feel like I want to cancel.

ETA: Okay. I'm kind of wrong. They are getting rid of Jules for referrals. They will still give them out whenever you take a box. Still kinda silly if you ask me.
I never seem to get their emails.

So, my tracking says my box should be here between Tuesday and Thursday, but it got here today. And this is what it looked like. I'm kinda pissed.

rvm2hs.jpg
Wow cant believe they sent your box like that.

Felicia - the green speckle polish is back in stock in case anyone was looking for it. 

This is kind of off topic... but several times over the months people here have been asking for polish sub box companies other than Julep, and Laqa and Co was mentioned a few weeks ago, for their "color of the month" club/$12 a month.  

I just wanted to say I checked out that sub, and purchased it... still haven't received anything over two weeks later (you're supposed to get your package 1-2 weeks from order date), and am having a heck of a time trying to get communication from their customer service.  They don't send any tracking for the orders either.  Then in the confirmation email they send when ordering it says if you want to quit the club it is easy--just click the cancel button below--but there was nothing of a sort in the email.  I responded to their email instead..nothing.  I wrote in on their contact us form twice...nothing.  I wrote in on Facebook, got a response that they'll relay the info to their customer service department...since then, you guessed it...nothing!  I could live with eating the 12$ as lesson learned, but they're supposed to auto bill each month and I want that cancelled!  

I would not recommend joining their color of the month sub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

how many jewels are we supposed to get for taking last month's box? what about if we did the ultimate upgrade?  has anyone's jewels posted to their account? they say it's supposed to happen about 7 days after the 27th but that's not happened here.  but i am one of those people they emailed saying billing was delayed.

how many jewels are we supposed to get for taking last month's box? what about if we did the ultimate upgrade?  has anyone's jewels posted to their account? they say it's supposed to happen about 7 days after the 27th but that's not happened here.  but i am one of those people they emailed saying billing was delayed.
It's a little early, usually they don't apply Jules until the middle of the month, or once everyone gets their box.

This is kind of off topic... but several times over the months people here have been asking for polish sub box companies other than Julep, and Laqa and Co was mentioned a few weeks ago, for their "color of the month" club/$12 a month.  

I just wanted to say I checked out that sub, and purchased it... still haven't received anything over two weeks later (you're supposed to get your package 1-2 weeks from order date), and am having a heck of a time trying to get communication from their customer service.  They don't send any tracking for the orders either.  Then in the confirmation email they send when ordering it says if you want to quit the club it is easy--just click the cancel button below--but there was nothing of a sort in the email.  I responded to their email instead..nothing.  I wrote in on their contact us form twice...nothing.  I wrote in on Facebook, got a response that they'll relay the info to their customer service department...since then, you guessed it...nothing!  I could live with eating the 12$ as lesson learned, but they're supposed to auto bill each month and I want that cancelled!  

I would not recommend joining their color of the month sub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sorry to hear that, hope that issue get solved.

Thanks for the information on Laqa and Co 

Has anyone gotten the oxygen top coat?  If so how it it?  I didn't get it bc I like SV and I have a bunch of freedom top coat.  I was surprised that the O2 formula base coat was so good and now I am wondering about the top coat. 

To any one still waiting for shipping notices for the Maven boxes -- mine arrived yesterday and I never got a shipping notice at all!  It was the polish upgrade.

I'll really be interested to hear how you all like the new base and top coats, especially anyone who got the peelies from the treatment product.

I was one of the ones that mentioned LAQA and signed up for them.  Sorry to hear about your poor CS experience with them.  For what it's worth, I signed up on May 7th, got an email about the month's color on May 14th, and got a shipping notice with tracking on May 21st.  I have not heard anything about June's color yet, but would expect to on/near the 14th like last month.

DHL is holding my box hostage in Union City .. as usual. They tend to keep it there for a few days for unknown reasons before handing it off to USPS.

This is the first time my maven box is coming via DHL .. I really hope that won't be normal in the future. Instead of 2 days with USPS it usually takes about 10-12 days with DHL. I guess I could get used to that, but it would certainly mean no more Secret Store or Mystery boxes for me as I like to have my polishes before deciding about new ones.

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and canceled.

It was quick and easy, the rep was really nice.

She did ask why I was canceling. I just said its because I have plenty of nail polish now.

Have fun with your subscription everyone.

I need to be saving that money for other things.

Hi, Julep is still so confusing to me.  Can someone please help me.  So, I used Jules for my box.  And I got the Polish Lovers box.  When I select it, it always says "+ $25" (I think).  Shouldn't I be charged $25 more?  The lady on the phone was saying it was actually $44 more.  Can someone please explain?

Hi, Julep is still so confusing to me.  Can someone please help me.  So, I used Jules for my box.  And I got the Polish Lovers box.  When I select it, it always says "+ $25" (I think).  Shouldn't I be charged $25 more?  The lady on the phone was saying it was actually $44 more.  Can someone please explain?
So it's +$25 in addition to the normal $19.99 or $24.99 you pay per month depending on what plan you're on. So if it's $19.99, then your total would be $44.99. If you're using your Jules you need to have enough to cover the whole cost, it won't just use the Jules to cover part of the cost.

So it's +$25 in addition to the normal $19.99 or $24.99 you pay per month depending on what plan you're on. So if it's $19.99, then your total would be $44.99. If you're using your Jules you need to have enough to cover the whole cost, it won't just use the Jules to cover part of the cost.
EDIT: ok, the website was confusing to me. Understand now. thanks!!

My mystery boxes arrived.  I'm actually pleased with both of them, especially #3 with the body oil.  And the gift boxes they came in are very nice.  

Latest posts

Back