(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well never received a shipping email or tracking number and my box showed up today....got the my maven box, and everything was right....except I got 2 additional polishes I didn't order or pay for. Weird
If they were Veronica and Marjorie, they are for taking three add ons this month as a bonus.

I got my maven box today. I got the polish only upgrade. The only one I'm not sold on is Bergen. It looks a little flat in the bottle but I'll see what it looks like swatched.

Oh and new Coupon code...doesn't work on secret store yada yada yada 30% with code SPRINGPERK

So, my tracking says my box should be here between Tuesday and Thursday, but it got here today. And this is what it looked like. I'm kinda pissed.

rvm2hs.jpg

So, my tracking says my box should be here between Tuesday and Thursday, but it got here today. And this is what it looked like. I'm kinda pissed.

rvm2hs.jpg
That is terrible packing! I can't believe they sent a monthly box (or anything, really) in a box like that. At least nothing broke? 

rvm2hs.jpg
That's not cool AT ALL.  

On the bright side... I'm jealous that you got red and purple pixy stix!  I got 2 blues and an orange.

My monthly maven box is still mia .. I think I'll check back with CS as I've received no notice or anything? Usually, I get the box super fast.

However, I got my mystery box and I love it. The one with the beach oil. No dupe and colours I like.

I wish I could swatch really quickly but I can right now at work.   But, y'all... Jennine is freaking BEAUTIFUL! So glad I added it on to my CWaT box!  I was just going to do a little swipe of each one at lunch to check out the colors.  Started with Jeannine and ended up doing a full on two coat mani since it dries so quickly and it didn't need any clean up.  this polish was fate for me!

That is terrible packing! I can't believe they sent a monthly box (or anything, really) in a box like that. At least nothing broke? 
Yeah, nothing broke. It's just bizarre that they did it this way.

That's not cool AT ALL.  

On the bright side... I'm jealous that you got red and purple pixy stix!  I got 2 blues and an orange.
Haha, I don't even know the difference. I haven't had pixy stix in like 8 years.

What the....? I would be pissed to. Did it come with a Julep label on it?
It was in a plain cardboard box with nothing printed on it, just the shipping label stuck on top.

I got my customized box, today. Harlow and Bergen are gorgeous, but Katerina looks a bit different than I expected. Katerina is very sheer glitter that reflects sort of orange/pink like sunset. It looks pretty over Bergen. Makes me think of sky-blue-pink. I don't think I would have bought it, had I seen an accurate swatch, but I used points, so whatever.

rvm2hs.jpg
If the box didn't have any julep branding/labels on it, my guess is it was the shipping company's doing. Maybe the original box was destroyed or ripped to where it wouldn't make it the rest of the trip?

If the box didn't have any julep branding/labels on it, my guess is it was the shipping company's doing. Maybe the original box was destroyed or ripped to where it wouldn't make it the rest of the trip?
Oh, that's a really good point. Nothing was damaged or missing though, including the little promo cards they include. That doesn't mean it wasn't DHL's fault though I suppose.

I got my customized box today and I am missing 2 out of 3 polishes. Honestly a normal It Girl box has 3 polishes in it. Didn't it cross anyone's mind that this box looked a little empty. Also they forgot the candy but I got the allergen note. Not impressed with my first upgrade box. I never thought of canceling before but I just might after my prepaid plan is done.

I got my mystery boxes and maven box today! Mystery box #10 and my Maven box were both perfectly packaged and all there, but my mystery box #4 only had 3 polishes and per the spoilers I saw it was supposed to have 5 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I already emailed them about it so hopefully I'll hear back and get the two that were missing. It seems like they've had a ton of packing issues this month though. Nothing I'll cancel over, they have taken on a lot of big changes lately so hiccups are expected and Julep has been nothing but amazing with their CS during any past issues I've encountered. 

rvm2hs.jpg
My maven box arrived today too in the same exact box with the items loosely inside with some paper stuffing. I thought it was unusual but I was just excited to get my box on the 2nd of the month that I didn't pay any further thought to the box :)Some of the polishes look a little different to what I was expecting (which I expect to happen with Julep swatches). I'm looking forward to swatching them for myself though.

I got the 2 freebie colors. I already have and like Veronica (not enough to need a second) but I'm not a fan of the orange polish.

My maven box arrived today too in the same exact box with the items loosely inside with some paper stuffing. I thought it was unusual but I was just excited to get my box on the 2nd of the month that I didn't pay any further thought to the box :)

Some of the polishes look a little different to what I was expecting (which I expect to happen with Julep swatches). I'm looking forward to swatching them for myself though.

I got the 2 freebie colors. I already have and like Veronica (not enough to need a second) but I'm not a fan of the orange polish.
Weird, I wonder how many people this happened to. I agree on both counts regarding the colors. Phia isn't quite what I was expecting, and I don't think I like Marjorie but I can probably use it for some kind of nail art...

I just got my Mystery Box #5 and although I LOVE it, I feel like something is missing... 3 beauty products and 3 nail polishes... Has anyone else gotten the #5 box yet?  I would love to know what you recieved.  If anyone wants me to post exactly what I got just let me know.

I just got my Mystery Box #5 and although I LOVE it, I feel like something is missing... 3 beauty products and 3 nail polishes... Has anyone else gotten the #5 box yet?  I would love to know what you recieved.  If anyone wants me to post exactly what I got just let me know.
I'm not sure about the rules on posting links so I won't include one, but Evolution of a Foodie has a complete list of spoilers for these boxes now.

Latest posts

Back