Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just got my Box #7 and I really like it but I think it's a pity they introduced more varied versions without any possibilty to personalize our beauty preferences. I got Black Tea MakeUp Kit whereas I'd prefer Herb Tea, but that's not really a big deal as it's super cute anyway. However, I also got a cream for dry skin which I definately don't have and I don't think I'll be able to use it at all.

If anybody would like to trade their oily or acne skin cream for a dry skin cream - let me know! Especially girls from Poland!

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I just got my Box #7 and I really like it but I think it's a pity they introduced more varied versions without any possibilty to personalize our beauty preferences. I got Black Tea MakeUp Kit whereas I'd prefer Herb Tea, but that's not really a big deal as it's super cute anyway. However, I also got a cream for dry skin which I definately don't have and I don't think I'll be able to use it at all.

If anybody would like to trade their oily or acne skin cream for a dry skin cream - let me know! Especially girls from Poland!
I will be getting my box today, so I will let you know once I get it. Though I am from Portugal...

Quote: Originally Posted by Patantao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I will be getting my box today, so I will let you know once I get it. Though I am from Portugal...
All right, thanks. I'm waiting for answers from some ladies from Poland already, but I'll let you know how it works out.

I purchased The Banila co Box, and the Superbox 5# Yesturday!! I reallllllyyy want the memebox 7 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope they re-stock but I highly doubt it. I wanted the Lukybox 2# but they sold out. Debating weather or not to pre order the memebox 11#. Have any of you got the Superbox 2#?

Darn memebox and their 5 points they gave me. Translation-thanks memebox for the points! I ordered box 11 but have soooo much sub box product. We need to stay home and wash and moisturize our faces and apply makeup and repeat the cycle all day long to use all of our goodies!

Quote: Originally Posted by Shinystars88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just posting some pics of my super box 2 and memebox 7. I think both are wonderful and some of the best boxes I've seen. I am now in eyeliner heaven.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I purchased The Banila co Box, and the Superbox 5# Yesturday!! I reallllllyyy want the memebox 7 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope they re-stock but I highly doubt it. I wanted the Lukybox 2# but they sold out. Debating weather or not to pre order the memebox 11#. Have any of you got the Superbox 2#?
 Lots of people got it already - you can see some pictures here.

I don't know why, but this sub service is really addicting, and I havent even got my first box yet. Lol Sometimes I feel really guilty  for buying them

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know why, but this sub service is really addicting, and I havent even got my first box yet. Lol Sometimes I feel really guilty  for buying them
Welcome to the club
wink.gif
Lots of ladies here feel the same way - I personally have so many boxes ordered that I'll be getting them till October! But I've already got 5 and I've been very happy with all of them. My Memebox #7 just came in this morning
biggrin.gif

With Memebox ceasing to ship to most of the world, I'm on the hunt for a new Korean service. As anyone tried the Wishtrend boxes? Are they good value? I'm afraid memebox may have ruined all other subscription services for me value-wise

Quote: Originally Posted by ellabella10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With Memebox ceasing to ship to most of the world, I'm on the hunt for a new Korean service. As anyone tried the Wishtrend boxes? Are they good value? I'm afraid memebox may have ruined all other subscription services for me value-wise
I have tried Wishtrend. Some are decent boxes, but the last 2-3 weren't so good so I didn't order. There's another thread here on foreign beauty boxes that ship worldwide, where some of us have shared Rose Rose box, YesStyle box and other one-off samplers. Do check it out!

Quote: Originally Posted by Disneyfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ladies,

I have been reading this thread with great fascination and I have to ask, what is so special about these boxes that people have been ordering them like crazy?

I am from the Indian subcontinent, so I don't know much about Korean skincare.I do like Korean BB and CC creams, but since I have darker skin (think Halle Berry or Salma Hayek skin color depending on season), I am afraid any BB or CC cream wouldn't be a match.

What am I missing here? And what do you recommend I order? All these boxes have me thoroughly confused. 
@MissJexie has pretty much covered everything, but if it helps, my skintone is NC37 and haven't had a problem with colours so far. The BB and  CC creams blend out decently. That said, I prefer the heavier coverage of foundations so I give away any BB/CC creams I get or wear them to the local gas station alone. And Korean skincare actually WORKS for me! If it says it will hydrate, it actually hydrates my face. If it is meant to control oil, I am matte for at least 6 hours (super-oily face). I have had acne control with a Korean product (Etude House AC Clinic).

I have tried around 14 or 15 beauty boxes from around the world so far and my favourites are Lip Factory for makeup and Memebox for everything else. Which is a weird combination lol because one is customisable and the other is not. But I love that Memebox pushes me out of my comfort zone - I would never have tried orange lipstick, rubbed cocoons on my face or voluntarily bought half the things they sent out to me but I love them all!!

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have tried Wishtrend. Some are decent boxes, but the last 2-3 weren't so good so I didn't order. There's another thread here on foreign beauty boxes that ship worldwide, where some of us have shared Rose Rose box, YesStyle box and other one-off samplers. Do check it out!
Thank you Thank you!!! (I tried searching for the red rosebox, couldnt find the sub link, only the website.) Im going to sign up to the Yestyle box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyone got Wishtrend or Lip factory before?

Hi everyone I've been lurking around this thread for a while - now its time to introduce myself. My name is Sharon, and I'm a Memebox-aholic.  I blame this on the fact they are soon ceasing to ship to Australia and I have a mad compulsion to purchase everything while I still can.  I should be saving as I go on maternity leave in a couple of months :blink: I am waiting on the following boxes 8-16 (7 arrived today yippee!!), lucky box 1 & 2, Him box and Banila Box. in 10 days I will be forced to go into rehab, when my memebox supply will dry up.  Not sure I'm strong enough lol Hopefully by the time box 16 ships, they'll be shipping to Australia again.
I remember when I was living in Australia a website site was recommended to me........it's an Australian woman living in LA that purchases items for you from companies that won't ship to Australia and sends them to you for a fee. She mainly did clothing, but maybe worth a shot if withdrawals get too bad and congrats on the little Bub!

Quote: Originally Posted by migasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Superbox #2 is again for sale
Oh my...Should I? *sigh* spent ssoo much money LOL

MissJexie and BeautyJunction - thanks for the response! I really appreciate the answers.  I think I'll try one of these boxes. Not sure which one yet - Superbox 2 is only makeup. Would like to try one with skincare too. 

Latest posts

Back