Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of just placing a regular order instead of ordering the hydration box. The ampule works wonders for my skin, but it doesn't do anything the goddess cream doesn't.... and I'm afraid I'll break out from the oil just like the last oil they sent. The only oil that I can use on my skin is the one from Tart. >w<

I have Centella Asiatica AmpouleCentella Asiatica Ampoule, goddess cream (a must have for me now... it's so amazing), light light eye balm and the The Only 100% Ampoule sitting in my cart!

It would sorta be like making my own superbox. XD Well, I'd get free shipping, anyway. OMG, the normal shipping charges are awful. Without the $70 f/s code, it would be $28.

If I do decide to order this stuff, I'll let you know how the light light eye balm and 100% ampules are! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OMG we have movement!  My lucky box is also in LA!

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So exciting! It looks like my Luckybox 1 has arrived in LA tonight via regular shipping. And tomorrow DHL is supposed to bring my Memebox #7. Woot woot.

eusa_whistle.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So exciting! It looks like my Luckybox 1 has arrived in LA tonight via regular shipping. And tomorrow DHL is supposed to bring my Memebox #7. Woot woot.

eusa_whistle.gif

It's so ... eeeeeek. I can't wait to rip it open. 

Hi everyone

I've been lurking around this thread for a while - now its time to introduce myself.

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Memebox-aholic.  I blame this on the fact they are soon ceasing to ship to Australia and I have a mad compulsion to purchase everything while I still can.  I should be saving as I go on maternity leave in a couple of months
blink.gif

I am waiting on the following boxes 8-16 (7 arrived today yippee!!), lucky box 1 & 2, Him box and Banila Box.

in 10 days I will be forced to go into rehab, when my memebox supply will dry up.  Not sure I'm strong enough lol

Hopefully by the time box 16 ships, they'll be shipping to Australia again.

Hi everyone I've been lurking around this thread for a while - now its time to introduce myself. My name is Sharon, and I'm a Memebox-aholic.  I blame this on the fact they are soon ceasing to ship to Australia and I have a mad compulsion to purchase everything while I still can.  I should be saving as I go on maternity leave in a couple of months :blink: I am waiting on the following boxes 8-16 (7 arrived today yippee!!), lucky box 1 & 2, Him box and Banila Box. in 10 days I will be forced to go into rehab, when my memebox supply will dry up.  Not sure I'm strong enough lol Hopefully by the time box 16 ships, they'll be shipping to Australia again.
Lol, trust me you aren't alone in this addiction. I will going into rehab too in April as in uk.

I want to use my points (esp since I just got 5 more).  Should I go with superbox #5 with variety or bright makeup or the banila co. box?  I've never tried banila skincare/cosmetics before.  

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone interested to trade the whole lucky box 1 for lucky box 2? I missed out on the 2nd one today
frown.gif

doh.gif
I was going to grab one too and they sold out before I could gather up enough money!

Memebox #7 Bio-RTx Mentor Cream in #5. I have to comment on this. I do have sensitive/combination skin that's usually on the oily side. I've been having dry spots allll over my face lately and this cream was the remedy! Sooo, I used the product last night and in the morning, and it's definitely not oily at all. The cream absorbs super fast and minimizes any dry areas on the face. It holds well under makeup, and there is a scent to it. Nothing I dislike though. Definitely loving it so far!

Ladies,

I have been reading this thread with great fascination and I have to ask, what is so special about these boxes that people have been ordering them like crazy?

I am from the Indian subcontinent, so I don't know much about Korean skincare.I do like Korean BB and CC creams, but since I have darker skin (think Halle Berry or Salma Hayek skin color depending on season), I am afraid any BB or CC cream wouldn't be a match.

What am I missing here? And what do you recommend I order? All these boxes have me thoroughly confused. 

:doh: I was going to grab one too and they sold out before I could gather up enough money!
Waaaahhh this is what I've been scared of all along.. The fear of missing out T_T lol I wouldn't care as much but this box has 2 of 3 items that I've been trying to trade!

Quote: Originally Posted by Disneyfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ladies,

I have been reading this thread with great fascination and I have to ask, what is so special about these boxes that people have been ordering them like crazy?

I am from the Indian subcontinent, so I don't know much about Korean skincare.I do like Korean BB and CC creams, but since I have darker skin (think Halle Berry or Salma Hayek skin color depending on season), I am afraid any BB or CC cream wouldn't be a match.

What am I missing here? And what do you recommend I order? All these boxes have me thoroughly confused. 

I think anyone with any skin tone can use and enjoy these boxes. However on occasion there is a BB cream of some sort included in the box and they are almost always a lighter tone.

Even so, the vast majority of the items I have received in memeboxes have been items that anyone can use and benefit from.

I think there are quite a few things that make memebox special!

1. Many boxes that cost around the same price ($20-$25 US dollars) do not have as much variety and sheer volume of items.

2. It's an excellent value if you're looking into purchasing or experimenting with Korean skincare. Many of the regular memeboxes that retail for $23 USD, have a value of $100 or more in product.

3. It's exciting to try new things from other countries! I don't know about anyone else, but the skincare in the US is pretty boring or really overpriced!

4. Every box is a new experience. Other boxes I receive or have received in the US usually focus on US brands. Memebox is filled with brands I have never heard of or seen before, or brands that I've always wanted to try.

5. Korean products are high quality! While I'm sure there's a dud in there every now and then, most Korean skincare products are quality products. As someone mentioned far back in this thread, Korea is pretty far ahead with their skincare technology and sciences right now, especially when compared to the US. It's exciting to try things that aren't even available in the US, like the cocoon peeling silk balls or the snail creams!

Overall? It's just a really fun box with a wide variety of new and exciting products that aren't easily found in most countries, unless you're from Korea! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for a recommendation: I personally think a regular memebox would be a great start, or a lucky box. I know that the boxes are confusing, but this is the best way to explain them:

1. Memebox: The regular boxes they send out. Include a 4-8 products that are deluxe samples, and occasionally full sizes.

2. Luckybox: These boxes contain a variety of items from previous memeboxes. Purchasing this box would be a good idea if you haven't gotten many of the past memeboxes, or if you want a slightly wider variety of items than a regular memebox.

3. Superbox: These boxes have less items, but all the items are full-sized, which is why they cost a bit more. Memebox will usually make these boxes themed (hydration box, makeup box etc) so you know ahead of time a basic idea of what types of products will be inside them

4. Specific Product Boxes: Memebox has done a few different boxes that are filled with products from a specific brand. For example, right now they have the "Banilla Co." super box available for purchase, and they have had other brands available in the past. These boxes would be a good choice if you're looking to try many items from one brand in particular.

So irritated my sun kill exploded when opened as the seal isn't worked. Had to wash my bedding and lost half a product. Have emailed them as seriously irritated.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellabella10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi everyone

I've been lurking around this thread for a while - now its time to introduce myself.

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Memebox-aholic.  I blame this on the fact they are soon ceasing to ship to Australia and I have a mad compulsion to purchase everything while I still can.  I should be saving as I go on maternity leave in a couple of months
blink.gif

I am waiting on the following boxes 8-16 (7 arrived today yippee!!), lucky box 1 & 2, Him box and Banila Box.

in 10 days I will be forced to go into rehab, when my memebox supply will dry up.  Not sure I'm strong enough lol

Hopefully by the time box 16 ships, they'll be shipping to Australia again.
I also ordered a lot of boxes ...
it will be hard when you visit a website 1 april,  and not be able to order ....
icon_cry.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by dreamka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I also ordered a lot of boxes ...
it will be hard when you visit a website 1 april,  and not be able to order ....
icon_cry.gif

ikr...
iagree.gif

I'll just try hard not to lurk around their site after march 31st.. 

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ikr...
iagree.gif

I'll just try hard not to lurk around their site after march 31st.. 
I do not know if I'll be ready to remove it from "my favorites" aaaa!!!!!!
scream3.gif

Latest posts

Back