Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh, I bought SB5 yesterday and they're giving out five points today. Someone please kick me hard!

I'm not spending these until March 30. And then I'll decide what I want to do. Hopefully by then they'll have a Tony Moly box or Holika Holika. Or even SB6 - the summer makeup edition, or a lips-only box or an eyeshadow special box or even a nails-only box. A girl can dream!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Insane for me too as I will have no time to review it as I am writing a novel next month.
Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo, @Jane George?

I have a feeling we'll have to fly to Korea and bring our boxes from the airport. Why aren't they moving??

Yep, completed NANOWRIMO in nov and fancied doing it again before November. Just finished a non NANOWRIMO novel too, just in time. I shouldn't really do it as busy with blog but got one novel desperate to be told. To be honest, I think that they have been put on a pallet somewhere and forgotten.

Is the Banila Co. Box a regular box (as in not all full sized)? Or, is that a Superbox just like the Etude House and TFS? I ask because it's priced similar to the two mentioned super boxes. If it is a Superbox then that's a really good deal! Either way, it's a good deal and I'm contemplating whether I should also purchase this box! Anyone else going to purchase this box?

There's spoilers on Memebox Facebook regarding SB3 and LB2. Another serum for SB3. Also, the Dr. Jart eye cream (from box #3) will be in LB2. Anyone getting LB2? There's still inventory available .

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the Banila Co. Box a regular box (as in not all full sized)? Or, is that a Superbox just like the Etude House and TFS?

I ask because it's priced similar to the two mentioned super boxes.

If it is a Superbox then that's a really good deal!

Either way, it's a good deal and I'm contemplating whether I should also purchase this box!

Anyone else going to purchase this box?

It's a Memebox so at most, there would only be 1-2 full sized products I think and the rest are deluxe samples. Maybe banila co. products have a higher price point than The Face Shop and Etude House products so those were Superboxes and that's why they were able to give out all full sized products for the same price?

As for the spoilers for Luckybox  #2... I have the Dr. Jart eye serum and while it's so moisturizing the packaging for the sample isn't good...it leaks all over the cap even though I haven't dropped it :/

I emailed Meme, but I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to help. I have a USA credit card and billing address, but we're living in Canada right now. My first two boxes were purchased with no problems. Now every time I go to check out it says paypal won't ship to Canadian addresses. Did they use a different billing system before? I can't remember. Thanks.

It's a Memebox so at most, there would only be 1-2 full sized products I think and the rest are deluxe samples. Maybe banila co. is a higher price point than The Face Shop and Etude House Superboxes so that's why they were able to give out full sized products for the same price?
Aww, I had a feeling. Too bad, it would have been awesome if it was a Superbox. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Either way, even if it's just one full sized product it'll probably still be worth it. Banila Co. products, on average, seems to be around the price of the box. Besides box #3, I haven't really tried any other products from this brand. Has anyone tried products from Banila Co.?

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's spoilers on Memebox Facebook regarding SB3 and LB2.

Another serum for SB3.

Also, the Dr. Jart eye cream (from box #3) will be in LB2.

Anyone getting LB2? There's still inventory available .
Well, I just bought Lucky Box 2, even though I said I wasn't going to. I want to try the Tree Essence and the eye cream, so it's worth it to me to get doubles on other things. I am so bad about this box! They are like Pokemon. I have to catch them all! 

Anyone else want to chime in regarding Dr. Jart's eye cream? I heard really good things about it in the past. Did you too find issues with the packaging? Thanks in advance.

I received my #7 today, and it's awesome (as we've all already seen)! I just wanted to warn everyone. When I took the sunscreen powder out of the box to look at the color, it exploded all over me! There was already a little bit of powder loose in the box, so I guess it started leaking sometime during transit. I still have most of the powder in the container (it must have been close to overflowing I guess), but I got powder all over my clothes! So just be careful when you open it up for the first time! 
icon_lol.gif

I ordered box 11 for $12 with my points. Whoohoo!
Woo!! I picked up my 2nd ever Memebox as well for only $12. I had $17 in credit ($10 from maybe box 3? $2 bonus and then the $5 spring bonus points today) I picked up the Luckybox 2. I like the Dr. Jart eye serum so it's a win win already. Its kinda like my CVS, they keep giving me coupons for either free or low out of pocket makeup/skincare! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my #7 today, and it's awesome (as we've all already seen)! I just wanted to warn everyone. When I took the sunscreen powder out of the box to look at the color, it exploded all over me! There was already a little bit of powder loose in the box, so I guess it started leaking sometime during transit. I still have most of the powder in the container (it must have been close to overflowing I guess), but I got powder all over my clothes! So just be careful when you open it up for the first time! 
icon_lol.gif

Sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for the heads up! Maybe if you contact memebox, they can find a way to make you whole.

Anyone else want to chime in regarding Dr. Jart's eye cream? I heard really good things about it in the past. Did you too find issues with the packaging? Thanks in advance.
I haven't had issues with mine. I pierced the foil with a sanitized safety pin though. I like the gel/light cream texture as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by YunaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for the heads up! Maybe if you contact memebox, they can find a way to make you whole.
It's not really worth contacting them. It is seriously still nearly full of product, so I can still use it. It just made a huge mess! 

DHL didn't leave my box today. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Buy the good news is I should be able to get it tomorrow as long as I leave the door tag.

Argh, I bought SB5 yesterday and they're giving out five points today. Someone please kick me hard! I'm not spending these until March 30. And then I'll decide what I want to do. Hopefully by then they'll have a Tony Moly box or Holika Holika. Or even SB6 - the summer makeup edition, or a lips-only box or an eyeshadow special box or even a nails-only box. A girl can dream!
An all nail box? I'd buy that without thinking.
Nope, no problems with it. It's a squeeze tube but I think it's made of aluminum. If you squeeze too much it seems likely it will pour out too much. Luckily haven't had any issues with it.

I LOVE KING SPA!!! My parents live about 10 minutes away so I will head there on Saturday...then down Kedzie ave!
King Spa is on groupon as of yesterday when I checked. I think it's for the Niles location though. I was creeped out when my husband and I went there last year-just because of the nudity, etc. I'm full Korean btw and my husband is half white/Korean.

^^^ I def don't squeeze out more than half a peasized amount for my eyes yet for some reason, there's just product all over the cap and the sides of where the product comes out. Not sure why this is honestly and I've had to wipe away product that's just accumulated over the sides. It's a little gross :'c

Thanks, ellesnails! I look forward to trying it. I just picked up Luckybox 2, primarily to try it. I will try not become too eager when it arrives to avoid making a mess. LOL!

Latest posts

Back