Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh my goodness, I hope not, because I know I'll buy that one, too.

I want them to do a Skinfood and a Missha one. I'll go super broke if they release it back to back.

Quote: Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  that's what i thought at first, but they emailed me just the day before asking for my mailing info if i hadn't already ordered a second bag and that they would send it to me, so unless it was some super ambitious overnight shipping, i think that's still on the way.  who knows... 
Do email them - I hadn't heard back about my order as well as the samples but just received the samples today so I emailed saying I got the samples. Everything was as I ordered but they had enclosed a sharpener as well as a surprise. So they replied saying the social media thingy was being sent today.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They never e-mailed me back for the social media thing. That kind of bummed me out. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got my sample pouch that I ordered, and the items were a bit different but I was fine with that. I think they got a huge influx of sample requests due to the free shipping this month and posting about it here on the thread/ on blogs etc. I know they ran out of samples so they were probably just putting in what they could for each order.
Yes, they did say they had run out but could build up inventory for the social media bags only this week. I didn't hear back about that either till today because I emailed saying my samples had arrived. Apparently they can offer the sample bag only in May because of the back-orders!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They never e-mailed me back for the social media thing. That kind of bummed me out. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got my sample pouch that I ordered, and the items were a bit different but I was fine with that. I think they got a huge influx of sample requests due to the free shipping this month and posting about it here on the thread/ on blogs etc. I know they ran out of samples so they were probably just putting in what they could for each order.
I got one pouch yesterday, too!  The samples weren't huge but they were free so I'm not complaining :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Anyway, I tried two of them.  One was a  WaterDrop V-Line Pore something or other, I used it before I went to bed.  It took a lot of massaging to get it to soak into my skin but when i woke up this morning, my skin was still dewy and soft like a baby's buttcheek!!  I like that!   The other one I like is the Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm.  It has a weird consistency.  It's really thick and when you squooge it out of the packet it reminds me of how cookie dough looks (only white).  But it goes on like a puff of air!  I might have to buy it.  Seriously. 

I'm not a skin care fiend (yet!) and I haven't tried a whole lot of face lotions but this Lioele stuff was to die for.

Oh, and I emailed them and they said the media pouch would come separately.  And also weird... If you look up their address, its a house. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On an unrelated note, I got the Beauteque samples today so there's some beauty box fix this week lol!
i got mine today too love them am missing 2 samples but they have added another package to make up for it,

my social media bag has also reached the uk so should get that by saturday, been sent some other items to review too.and had great corespondance with them. also they added some other samples i requested ,as they couldn't do some others. the bloggers lists and info will be sent info once the sample pouches have all gone out and they asked hat products we look for in the uk and europe so gave a huge list of brands. today they emailed  to say most have been sourced and they are also looking at the bounce cheese cream to supply as well.the  bloggers platform won't be implemented till later on and they are looking at  people who don't get the normal bloggers boxes, so something a little different by the sounds of it. and you have to state on your blog or channel that it is a pr sample as well,and not payed for . this has been a big thing over here lately the amount of bloggers not with a disclaimer or stating free pr sample,and i do agree i tend to remove from my lists if they are found out as if they lie about that they can't be giving a true review.@renu what do you think.

and can someone buy the banila boxes so i don't have to buy one please.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got one pouch yesterday, too!  The samples weren't huge but they were free so I'm not complaining :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Anyway, I tried two of them.  One was a  WaterDrop V-Line Pore something or other, I used it before I went to bed.  It took a lot of massaging to get it to soak into my skin but when i woke up this morning, my skin was still dewy and soft like a baby's buttcheek!!  I like that!   The other one I like is the Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm.  It has a weird consistency.  It's really thick and when you squooge it out of the packet it reminds me of how cookie dough looks (only white).  But it goes on like a puff of air!  I might have to buy it.  Seriously. 

I'm not a skin care fiend (yet!) and I haven't tried a whole lot of face lotions but this Lioele stuff was to die for.

Oh, and I emailed them and they said the media pouch would come separately.  And also weird... If you look up their address, its a house. 
OMG you made me super-excited about the V-Line Pore sleeping pack and the Secret Pore Rich Balm. I got both and can't wait to try them.

Gosh, a house? I hope they get their act together asap and don't lose the plot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i got mine today too love them am missing 2 samples but they have added another package to make up for it,

my social media bag has also reached the uk so should get that by saturday, been sent some other items to review too.and had great corespondance with them. also they added some other samples i requested ,as they couldn't do some others. the bloggers lists and info will be sent info once the sample pouches have all gone out and they asked hat products we look for in the uk and europe so gave a huge list of brands. today they emailed  to say most have been sourced and they are also looking at the bounce cheese cream to supply as well.the  bloggers platform won't be implemented till later on and they are looking at  people who don't get the normal bloggers boxes, so something a little different by the sounds of it. and you have to state on your blog or channel that it is a pr sample as well,and not payed for . this has been a big thing over here lately the amount of bloggers not with a disclaimer or stating free pr sample,and i do agree i tend to remove from my lists if they are found out as if they lie about that they can't be giving a true review.@renu what do you think.

and can someone buy the banila boxes so i don't have to buy one please.
That sounds cool. I'm in two minds about the bounce cheese cream lol, maybe someone will get a sample in a beauty box before I take the plunge and get the full size. Yes, I always state if it is paid for or a PR sample, that's only fair.

I am skipping the Banilaco box. I like the makeup-based superboxes and wish Memebox would do them more often. The regular boxes have more skincare than makeup, so it would be nice to get makeup-boxes and SB2 is awesome from the spoilers. I can't wait to get mine (if it ever moves from Incheon, that is - been there since the 15th)

Warning I need to WHINE. My Luckybox just tracked as arriving back in KOREA!  It was sent back without ever getting to my local post office or any delivery attempts. WTF

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Warning I need to WHINE. My Luckybox just tracked as arriving back in KOREA!  It was sent back without ever getting to my local post office or any delivery attempts. WTF

That completely sucks. It sounds like it may not have cleared customs or maybe it never touched down. Happy vibes!  

hug.gif

Omgosh a Banila Co. box? I just ordered it...though it seems like since it's a Memebox it'll be mostly samples and 1-2 full sized products? Wish it were a Superbox so it'd be all full sized but I'll take what I can get haha :3

It cleared customs in Chicago, went to Cincinnati (I live in Dayton), then back to Chicago, and now back to Korea!  I've had such good postal service until the last month or so when it's been on thing after another after another.  I feel like I never get a package until I file a 'missing mail' claim.  I'm exaggerating, but it feels that way.  

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That completely sucks. It sounds like it may not have cleared customs or maybe it never touched down. Happy vibes!  

hug.gif

i got mine today too love them am missing 2 samples but they have added another package to make up for it, my social media bag has also reached the uk so should get that by saturday, been sent some other items to review too.and had great corespondance with them. also they added some other samples i requested ,as they couldn't do some others. the bloggers lists and info will be sent info once the sample pouches have all gone out and they asked hat products we look for in the uk and europe so gave a huge list of brands. today they emailed  to say most have been sourced and they are also looking at the bounce cheese cream to supply as well.the  bloggers platform won't be implemented till later on and they are looking at  people who don't get the normal bloggers boxes, so something a little different by the sounds of it. and you have to state on your blog or channel that it is a pr sample as well,and not payed for . this has been a big thing over here lately the amount of bloggers not with a disclaimer or stating free pr sample,and i do agree i tend to remove from my lists if they are found out as if they lie about that they can't be giving a true review.@renu  what do you think. and can someone buy the banila boxes so i don't have to buy one please.
I am getting vanilla Lorna... Sad I didn't get these freebies. Might get in with at some point though but atm I have so many things to do it is barmy....

My Memebox 7 is waiting for me at home and after looking at some pics I am SO excited. I'm prepared to love this box even more than 4, which is the first and only one I've gotten so far. Any favorite items from 7 yet?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry! I'm only just getting caught up so I'm not sure if it was already mentioned, but Super H Mart is a Korean/Asian superstore in Skokie, not too far north of Chicago.  They have several beauty boutiques within the store. I didn't recognize brands, but they had everything from high end to drug store, it's definitely worth the scope-out.  And if you're that close, head next door to King Spa - a traditional Korean day spa, it's soooooo awesome in the winter!
I LOVE KING SPA!!!

My parents live about 10 minutes away so I will head there on Saturday...then down Kedzie ave!

It will pass mine that is still in incheon.

Does memebox have a phone number because they haven't responded to my emails in like 4 days

Sorry to hear about the shipping issues some people are experiencing with memebox. My luckybox # 1 did take some time to reach me. Fortunately, the contents of the box (which appears most people received) made up for the wait in some way.

Latest posts

Back