2009-2010 NHL Hockey Chatter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He had the identical heart surgery as he had at the beginning of the season - his heart races too high apparently.

The surgery is performed through a shunt in his thigh. So when he is recouperating, its the stitches in his groin area that are more of a concern apparently.

Yeah!! I'll bet!! Ya know those "big" sweedes? Lol.

Penguins had a Christmas Eve evening practice and I think they are having a NYE one too.. Over by work! May have to stop by..

At least Sid is now old enough to have a New Years Eve beverage in Pittsburgh.

Maybe you can have a toast with him!

Happy New Year btw

Lol. Maybe he will stop by the office Thursday afternoon before the practice!! Just think he has another 16 years to play in the NHL!!
smile.gif

Yea, Angela!! Way to kick their butts and then maybe New Jersey and Washington!! Love for those guys to get beat down before we head into the playoffs.. Just don't hurt the Penguins! Lol.

Tonight its the Penns vs the Broudures (Devils). Penns loose to Buffalo 3-4 after being up 2-0? Patrick Lalime substituted in the 2nd period and played shut-out hockey...

Meet Team Canada:

Scott Niedermayer will captain Team Canada at the 2010 Olympic Games, with Sidney Crosby, Jarome Iginla and Chris Pronger to serve as alternates.

Here's how the team breaks down - name, place of birth, NHL team

Forwards

Patrice Bergeron, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Que. (Boston Bruins)

Sidney Crosby, Cole Harbour, N.S. (Pittsburgh Penguins) Alternate captain

Ryan Getzlaf, Regina, Sask. (Anaheim Ducks)

Dany Heatley, Calgary, Alta. (San Jose Sharks)

Jarome Iginla, St. Albert, Alta. (Calgary Flames) Alternate captain

Patrick Marleau, Aneroid Sask. (San Jose Sharks)

Brenden Morrow, Carlyle, Sask. (Dallas Stars)

Rick Nash, Brampton, Ont. (Columbus Blue Jackets)

Mike Richards, Kenora, Ont. (Philadelphia Flyers)

Corey Perry, Peterborough, Ont. (Anaheim Ducks)

Eric Staal, Thunder Bay, Ont. (Carolina Hurricanes)

Joe Thornton, St. Thomas, Ont. (San Jose Sharks)

Jonathan Toews, Winnipeg, Man. (Chicago Blackhawks)

Defence

Dan Boyle, Ottawa, Ont. (San Jose Sharks)

Drew Doughty, Ottawa, Ont. (LA Kings)

Duncan Keith, Penticton, B.C. (Chicago Blackhawks)

Scott Niedermayer, Cranbrook, B.C. (Anaheim Ducks) - Captain

Chris Pronger, Dryden, Ont. (Philadelphia Flyers) - Alternate captain

Brent Seabrook, Tsawwassen, B.C. (Chicago Blackhawks)

Shea Weber, Sicamous, B.C. (Nashville Predators)

Goalies

Roberto Luongo, Montreal, Que. (Vancouver Canucks)

Martin Brodeur, Montreal, Que. (New Jersey Devils)

Marc-Andre Fleury, Sorel, Que. (Pittsburgh Penguins)

Source: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/new...tml?cid=rsstsn

.................................................. .................................................. ............

Does anyone else have up to date, complete lists of the other hockey teams playing in the 2010 Olympics?

I found a few other teams:

U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team to be Unveiled on NBC Immediately Following Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Jan. 1, 2010

Russia roster

Goalies

Ilya Bryzgalov (Phoenix Coyotes), Evgeni Nabokov (San Jose Sharks), Semyon Varlamov (Washington Capitals)

Defence

Sergei Gonchar (Pittsburgh Penguins), Denis Grebeshkov (Edmonton Oilers), Dmitri Kalinin (Salavat Ufa), Konstantin Korneyev (CSKA Moscow), Andrei Markov (Montreal Canadiens), Ilya Nikulin (Ak Bars Kazan), Fedor Tyutin (Columbus Blue Jackets), Anton Volchenkov (Ottawa Senators)

Forwards

Maxim Afinogenov (Atlanta Thrashers), Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit Red Wings), Sergei Fedorov (Metallurg Magnitogorsk), Ilya Kovalchuk (Atlanta Thrashers), Viktor Kozlov (Salavat Ufa), Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins), Alexei Morozov (Ak Bars Kazan), Alexander Ovechkin (Washington Capitals), Alexander Radulov (Salavat Ufa), Alexander Semin (Washington Capitals), Danis Zaripov (Ak Bars Kazan), Sergei Zinoviev (Salavat Ufa)

Finland’s Teemu Selanne headed to his 5th Olympics

Veteran forward Teemu Selanne has been selected to play for Finland’s hockey team at his fifth Olympics in Vancouver in February.

The 23-member roster announced Wednesday includes 15 players from the squad that won silver at the 2006 Turin Games.

Selanne has twice been the top scorer at the Olympics and was chosen as the best player in Turin. He won a Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2007.

Among the 15 NHL players on the squad are Selanne’s Anaheim teammate Saku Koivu and Dallas’ Jere Lehtinen.

Finland is deep in goal with 2006 Vezina Trophy winner Miikka Kiprusoff of Calgary; 2007 NHL statistical leader Niklas Backstrom of Minnesota; and Antero Niittymaki of Tampa Bay, who was brilliant in Turin.

Sweden Men’s Hockey Team

G Henrik Lundqvist (NHL)

G Jonas Gustavsson (NHL)

G Stefan Liv Jonkoping (SEL)

D Tobias Enstrom (NHL)

D Magnus Johansson Linkopings (SEL)

D Niklas Kronwall (NHL)

D Nicklas Lidstrom (NHL)

D Douglas Murray (NHL)

D Johnny Oduya (NHL)

D Mattias Ohlund (NHL)

D Henrik Tallinder (NHL)

F Daniel Alfredsson (NHL)

F Nicklas Backstrom (NHL)

F Loui Eriksson (NHL)

F Peter Forsberg MODO (SEL)

F Tomas Holmstrom (NHL)

F Patric Hornqvist (NHL)

F Fredrik Modin (NHL)

F Samuel Pahlsson (NHL)

F Daniel Sedin (NHL)

F Henrik Sedin (NHL)

F Mattias Weinhandl Dynamo (RUS)

F Henrik Zetterberg (NHL)

Ohhh Noooo. NJ shuts out the Penguins again! And did anyone see the Rangers crashed and burned. Philly 6 - NYR 0!! And Boston shut out Atlanta 4-0!

Can't wait till the winter classic Friday!! Already reserved the TV! Lol.

Tampa lost to the Habs tonight. Not a bad defeat though, harder then we've played in a while. Can't wait for Saturdays game (*winks at Karren*).... will be there too to cheer on my boys!

Hope we can pull out of this 3 game loosing streak before Saturday!! Lol. Ryan Mallon plays for TB?

I've been waiting for this game all week - Canada vs the US in the World Juniors!!!

New Years Eve, 8 pm!!!

Both teams are entering this game with a 3 - 0 history.

They have played the same teams, with Canada fairing a bit better against each team.

US 7, Slovakia 3... ........US 3, Swiss 0...........US 12, Latvia 1

Canada 8, Slovakia 2.....Canada 6, Swiss 0.....Canada 16, Latvia 0

On the B side, Sweden has won all three of their games.

Both Russia and Finland have won 2 out of 3 games each.

Yeah!!! It's on the NHL channel here.... The daughter and her bf are bringing over their Wii...... I'm going to escape to the basement and watch the finals!!

USA USA USA
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hope we can pull out of this 3 game loosing streak before Saturday!! Lol. Ryan Mallon plays for TB? Yeah good ol' Pennsylvania boy
smile.gif
That's my Malone!

Holy Cats - what a game!!! 5-4 for Canada in overtime shootout.

That is one of the best games I have seen in a long while!!!

I thought that both US and Canada played phenominally - I'm sure that they will see each other later in the playoffs.

Latest posts

Back