2009-2010 NHL Hockey Chatter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a great hockey game!! Thought the US was going to pull of an upset with 5 minutes to go in the third but Canada came back to tie it up..

US and Canada games are always terrific to watch. Didn't think they could top last year's classic, but they certainly did. Was a great night as the Habs won again also

Yeah!! Flyers 1 and Boston zip after 2 in the 2010 Winter Clasic! Thomas went to push Hartnell out of the way and let in a shot from the point. I hate Hartnell. And how the heck tall is Charra?? 7' something. Lol. Go Bruins.. Lesser of two evils!

I HATE BOSTON!! Boooooooo! Can't believe they pulled it off. I like Thomas though but still an upset at home would have been nice.

The NHL has a good thing going with these outdoor games. Wanna bet they blow it by staging too many of them so the novelty wears off, or else trying to hold one in Phoenix.

Here's the US Olympic Men's Ice Hockey information:

BOSTON - Not since NHL players started going to the Olympics 12 years ago has the American team featured so many fresh faces.

Of the 23 players chosen Friday for next month's Vancouver Games, only New York Rangers captain Chris Drury, New Jersey counterpart Jamie Langenbrunner, and Detroit defenceman Brian Rafalski will carry Olympic experience with them into what could be the most-watched hockey tournament ever.

Former NHL first round picks Patrick Kane and Erik Johnson highlight the youth movement on the U.S. men's Olympic hockey team. At 21 years of age, Kane will be the youngest player on the team, whose average age will be just over 26 years.

Aging American stalwarts such as Mike Modano, Bill Guerin, Keith Tkachuk and Scott Gomez will all be able to rest during the long break in February because they were left off the team.

The infusion of up-and-coming players is hardly a surprise. Team GM Brian Burke, of the Toronto Maple Leafs, made it clear last summer is was time to turn the page on those who represented the United States time and time again on the international stage.

Goaltending will be the strength of the team with Buffalo's Ryan Miller the likely starter at this point. He is joined by Boston's Tim Thomas, last year's Vezina Trophy winner as the NHL's top goaltender, and Los Angeles netminder Jonathan Quick, who is among the league leaders this season in minutes played.

Goaltender:

Ryan Miller

Tim Thomas

Jonathan Quick

Defense:

Erik Johnson

Jack Johnson

Mike Komisarek

Paul Martin

Brooks Orpik

Brian Rafalski

Ryan Sutter

Forward:

David Backes

Dustin brown

Ryan Callahan

Chris Drury

Patrick Kane

Ryan Kesler

Phil Kessel

Jamie Langenbrunner

Ryan Malone

Zach Parise

Joe Pavelski

Bobby Ryan

Paul Stastny

.................................................. .................................................. ........

Here's the remaining schedule for the 2010 World Junior Ice Hockey

January 2

Relegation - Slovakia vs. Austria 1pm/10am

Quarterfinal - Russia vs. Switzerland 5pm/2pm

Quarterfinal - United States vs. Finland 9pm/6pm

January 3

Relegation - Czech Republic vs. Latvia 1pm/10am

Semifinal - Canada vs. RUS/SUI winner 5pm/2pm

Semifinal - Sweden vs. USA/FIN winner 9pm/6pm

January 4

Relegation - TBD 1pm/10am

Relegation - TBD 5pm/2pm

5th Place Game - TBD 9pm/6pm

January 5

Bronze Medal Game4pm/1pm

Gold Medal Game8pm/5pm

I'm hoping that Canada and the US meet again, in the Gold Medal game!!!

Fun game today at Fenway! I got a good laugh about the outdoor game at Phoenix (i need a good laugh these days)

Penns play Tampa Bay tonight Angela!!
smile.gif

Glad to see Brookes Orpik from the Penguins made the US team.. Funny too he was named after coach Herb Brookes... The story is his dad wanted to name him Herb but his mom said like hell so they named him Brookes!

Oh an GO Penguins!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Went to turn the game on at 7 and found out it was at 1:00. And we lost!! Nooooooo..

The Swiss beat Russia to get into the semi finals. They play Canada tomorrow.

US is leading 2-0 over Finland after the 1st period. The winner will play Sweden tomorrow as well.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Woohoo! We won! We actually beat the Penguins! What a great game... Marty St Louis is such a stud! I think I may have a crush on him LOL He had it in for the Pens today
smile.gif
good to say! Yay! Go Boltz!

Boooo!! Hissss. I'm surprised he didn't get on the Canadian olympic team? Glad Mallone made the US team.. Funny about Ryan.. He was with Pittsburgh before and a guy on my hockey team worked for the Penguins and he used to temm stories about mallone during his salary negitiations. Ryan used to text message all the players about his status and he didn't want to leave. He's good.

A lot of good Canadian NHL players didn't make the Olympic team - St Louis included.

That's cause ya gotta be great to make the team!!!

This just in - the US beat the Fins 6-2.

So the US will be playing the Swedes tomorrow. Let's hope they play better than today as the Swedes are pretty darn good..

Yay for the US team woohoo! Marty is great but he has had some off days recently. I mean UGLY! He just got back on his game, Vinny is sucking lately too... bad! Boooooo! Oh I love Malone! Wasn't much of a contender last year but him and Stamkos Lead the team in goals this year. He doesn't take any mess either
smile.gif

The sweeds are always good!! Penguins play Florida tonight and the Steelers play Miami.... must be nice since it's 6 degrees out with a -20 degree wind chill factor!!

Canada beat the Swiss so they move on the the gold medal game.

Switzerland will now play for the bronze.

US is playing Sweden at 9, but tsn is covering a football game instead.

So I guess we'll find out at midnight or tomorrow, who plays Canada on Tuesday.

USA 1 - Sweeden 0 at the end of the first. Penguins still in a slump. 5 games and counting. Same mo as Buffalo. Go up in the first... Crash and burn in the 2nd and 3rd. Ekkkkk. Good thing about the Olympics is Fleury being 3rd string... He will be well rested! Lol.

thanks for the update on the world juniors, Carolyn. i was going to ask ya.....

US beat Sweden 6-2.

Canada plays US for the gold medal Tuesday at 8, Sweden plays the Swiss for the bronze. I'm so excited - these are good match ups!

Yeah!!! Tuesday night I'm watching! I think the Sweedes were shocked they lost.. And the Swiss over the Russians.. Appearently the Russians have been fielding a sub-par group of Junior A's for some years..

I think the Penns play tuesday... May have to split the screen and watch both!

Latest posts

Back