2009-2010 NHL Hockey Chatter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expect Ovechkin to get at least a 5 game suspension. He did the same move on Gonchar last year and received a stiff warning.

The Sabres are hot! And Ryan Miller is exceptional - hopefully he will be the goalie for the US in the 2010 Olympics.

can the suspension be concurrent with the time he is out with his injury?

Going to the Capitals game tonight vs Florida! Totally excited. I'm wearing red with tan khakis so i definitely look like a Target empoyee. Will report back later.

Go CAPS!

Hope that you have lots of fun at the game tonight Darla.

Well Toronto is another jam - both of their staring goalies are injured again.

Toskala hurt his groin muscles and the monster Gustavsson has to have another heart ablation.

thanks Carolyn

the game was fabulous! so much better than just seeing it on TV more later , its late and im tired

So the Caps have won the last two games, scoring 14 goals. and this is without Alexander Ovechkin who had his two game suspension.

The game i went this past thursday, they won 6-2 in a great game. The last two goals by Florida seemed to be because the Caps defense was getting a little bored.

Last night the Caps beat the Flyers 8-2! The Flyers just got a new coach, but that seemed to make little difference to the team.

In both games the Caps were helped immensely by two major penalties that were just plain stupid. On thursday it was a 7 min major and game misconduct during which the Caps scored 2. Last night there was a 9 min major in which the Caps scored 3 times.

oh and on Monday Ovechkin will be back from his suspension. Think they will let him play?

Seems like every Pittsburgh team decided to go into a slump... City of Loosers.. Sigh.. We lost our first game of the season when our substitute goalie shows up at the rink without his skates.. So we play 6 skaters and still only loose 5-6. He showed up in the third but the damage was done.. Did discover 6-hour energy drink.. Come the third period I was still full of energy vs ready to die..

The Ducks beat Dalas last night and that Saku Koivu goal in OT was amazing... Picks up his own rebound and pops it in on the backhand..

NHL Standings as of Friday Dec 11, 2090

Eastern Conference

Rank Team GP W L OT PTS

1 Washington, 31, 19, 6, 6, 44

2 New Jersey, 29, 21, 7, 1, 43

3 Boston, 30, 16, 9, 5, 37

4 Pittsburgh, 32, 21, 10, 1, 43

5 Buffalo, 28, 17, 9, 2, 36

6 Ottawa, 30, 15, 11, 4, 34

7 Atlanta, 29, 15, 11, 3, 33

8 Montreal, 32, 15, 15, 2, 32

9 NY Rangers, 30, 14, 14, 2, 30

10 Tampa Bay, 30, 11, 11, 8, 30

11 Philadelphia, 29, 14, 14, 1 29

12 NY Islanders, 31, 11, 13, 7, 29

13 Florida, 31, 11, 14, 6, 28

14 Toronto, 31, 10, 14, 7, 27

15 Carolina, 30, 7, 18, 5, 19

Western

Rank Team GP W L OT PTS

1 San Jose, 32, 19, 7, 6, 44

2 Chicago, 29, 19, 7, 3, 41

3 Calgary, 30, 19, 8, 3, 41

4 Los Angeles, 33 20, 10, 3, 43

5 Colorado, 33, 17, 10, 6, 40

6 Phoenix, 31, 18, 11, 2, 38

7 Nashville, 31, 18, 11, 2, 38

8 Dallas, 30, 13, 8, 9, 35

9 Vancouver, 31, 17, 14, 0, 34

10 Columbus, 31, 14, 11, 6, 34

11 Detroit, 30, 14, 11, 5, 33

12 Edmonton, 31, 14, 13, 4, 32

13 St. Louis, 29, 13, 11, 5, 31

14 Minnesota, 30, 14, 13, 3, 31

15 Anaheim, 30, 11, 13, 6, 28

Source: NHL

I love NHL math!! Where 3rd place Boston with 37 points is ahead of 4th place Pennguins with 43 points?? Lol

I hear ya - I don't know why TSN does this but everytime I check the stats there is at least one team out of order.

Did ya notice that Toronto is picking up some points?

Yeah.... the leafs had 31 points along with 5 other teams and lonely Canes with 20 for the basement.... The Canes are hot one year and dead the next.... The numbers are wrong on the NHL website too... There must be some formula that takes into account games played and conference........ Penns were practicing accross the street today but I had a dentist appointment.... Big win over the Flyers last night and a home and home again at Philly tommorow.....

Philly is another team that is really struggling too.

I'm off to see the London Nationals play tonight - very good Junior B hockey team in Ontario.

Wooo!! Like a fireman calendar? Lol. Sid and company were on fire last night. Beating the Sens 8-2. Making up for the shut number 104 they handed Sir Martin earlier in the week.. Congrats to him.. Best goalie ever! Funny too that Eddy Cheavers 103rd shutout was aginst the penguins too!

Paul Kelley fired from the NHLPA has been hired by College Hockey inc and rumors that there is going to be some kind of cooperation between the US colleges and Canadian Jr A?

US colleges and Junior A? That would be interesting. Currently, if a player plays even 1 game of Junior A hockey, he is not eligible to get a sports scholarship to a US college/university. Canada does not offer sports scholarships. That why there are so many Canadian athletes going to US schools.

When Sid was a wee lad, he played recreational hockey. Tim Hortons sponsored (and still does) many leagues and teams. The players are known as tim bits. Sid does Tim Hortons commercials and calendars showing him play hockey with little tim bits.

Yeah!! Thought that was interesting... Got some nice Penguins things from santa including a chs tape of the 1992 cup run that my daughter found at an estate sale! Burning it to dvd as I type!
smile.gif

Penguins play the leafs tonight!!

The next 6-7 games will be tough for the Leafs - all will be difficult for the Leafs to get even one point.

I think the Leafs will come out with 5 points - keeping my fingers crossed.

Did you try to get a calendar of Sid, Karren?

.................................................. .................................................. ...........

Hey everybody:

Toronto beat Pittsburg tonight - and not in overtime either!!!

Great game, Carolyn!! I thought for sure Rupp's goal would send it into ot.... Who's your goalie? and where the big sweede?

didn't get a calander.... I see him personally a couple times a month so no big deal! lol

The Caps are rolling right along. Nice wins over Buffalo and NJ Devils, both teams with excellent goalies and stingy defense. Watching the Dallas - Redskins football game the announcer remarked that there were more Ovetchkin shirts than Redskins clothing. Hey the Caps are doing much than the Skins anyway!!

Too bad the Steelers had to win today, but the Ravens beat themselves not the Steelers!

Vesa Toskala was in goal against the Penguins. Sometimes he is hot and sometimes not so much - not very consistent either way.

He's from Finland - maybe he'll play in the Olympics for them.

The monster had another minor heart surgery a few weeks ago - maybe the Leafs want to take it on him. I think he was meant to back up Toskala. But if the Leafs were smart they would alternate each of them, baring an injury.

Latest posts

Back