(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my maven box today and can't believe how much I love Lizanne, especially with Tania over it. Also like it as a base for Bad Catholic, from Llarowe's A Box, Indied that also arrived today. I just slapped these on over my existing polish, so please excuse the mess!

Did anybody else get the text offer today for 50 percent off the resort collection? It gives a tiny link but I don't have data on my phone. I tried looking at Abigail but it is showing $11.20 pricing.

Did anybody else get the text offer today for 50 percent off the resort collection? It gives a tiny link but I don't have data on my phone. I tried looking at Abigail but it is showing $11.20 pricing.
I got the same text and the link leads to the mini resort collection (3 mini polishes and Freedom top coat) that I think was an add on in January.

I got the same text and the link leads to the mini resort collection (3 mini polishes and Freedom top coat) that I think was an add on in January.
Thanks. I was thinking that whole collection was called the Resort not just the mini set.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  julep monaco and julep tania

So pretty!  I may have to copy this wearing Alice and Cameron.

Quote: Originally Posted by yunii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some reason, I found Monaco very thin and I needed 3 coats.
I don't know if I haven't been paying attention to descriptions or what, but all the Julep cremes I try lately are disappointingly sheer. Today I learned Hannah is at least a 4-coater. I quit after 3 because I have to take it off tomorrow anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  julep monaco and julep tania

Great combo!

I don't know if I haven't been paying attention to descriptions or what, but all the Julep cremes I try lately are disappointingly sheer. Today I learned Hannah is at least a 4-coater. I quit after 3 because I have to take it off tomorrow anyway.
Julep needs a middle ground. They went from having nail polish the texture of silly putty to runny messes. Hopefully they're getting it figured out, or Monaco was a bad batch, because for such small bottles, anything over 3 coats is too much. Especially for someone like me, who has talons :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did anyone have trouble with the goopiness of Elisa? I was going to do some geometric designs with several colors I just got, but Elisa was so goopy and thick I don't think I can do as many colors over it as I had planned. May just do Elisa and Harriet. This may be the final straw that gets me to buy some nail polish thinner.

I got mine! I can't stay away from the mystery boxes. I love the surprise! I got Aislynn (I think thats how you spell it) and I added on the Major Mystery add on. I can't wait to get it! I've made about four purchases from Julep this month, haha. Good thing tomorrow is my birthday so I have a good excuse for my hubs! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mystery boxes are up.

Thread: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/141484/march-2014-mystery-box

Quote:Originally Posted by mgarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine! I can't stay away from the mystery boxes. I love the surprise! I got Aislynn (I think thats how you spell it) and I added on the Major Mystery add on. I can't wait to get it! I've made about four purchases from Julep this month, haha. Good thing tomorrow is my birthday so I have a good excuse for my hubs! :)

I got Taryn! But I did not get any add-on options??? Which is probably for the best, cause I shouldn't have spent the $$ on the one I was getting haha. I have had a cart full of polish for over a week now and I can't pull the trigger... Maybe I'll get some of my wish list in the mystery box? Here's hoping!

I'm seriously never going to do a mystery box again, they look so appealing, but I ALWAYS end up getting burned. They used to be great, but now I feel like they're just shipping out garbage. The addon last month was in savvy deals for $16. For that price, I'd rather pick my own couple of polishes from the clearance (for $2.99, I could get 3 for less than the mystery addon and I'd end up with just as much stuff). These markups are getting ridiculous :icon_frow

Latest posts

Back