(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten mine either yet, so it looks like maybe they're just late giving them out. My replacement box finally shipped and it says estimated delivery the 14-18 via USPS...whoa!  That's a long time.  Last time my box shipped on Thursday and arrived on Monday.  I hope that's not accurate.
You'll probably get it sooner haha. I purchased the Warm Fig Shimmer eye sheen on the 26th, got an email saying I'd receive it on like the 5th, & then I actually got it on the 1st.

Yeah, looking at my Jules history there doesn't seem to be a certain day they give them. I will be emailing for sure too because my next box should be free.
I haven't gotten mine either yet, so it looks like maybe they're just late giving them out. My replacement box finally shipped and it says estimated delivery the 14-18 via USPS...whoa!  That's a long time.  Last time my box shipped on Thursday and arrived on Monday.  I hope that's not accurate.
I haven't gotten my points yet either. It seemed this month Rae really through Julep off. I don't think they expected so many orders. I just got my box on yesterday. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to bounce back from March maven boxes!!! Haha. What I wonder is, what now?? I mean, how many dupes r they gonna make? Start mixing and get creative, julep. Make fuzzy, & smelly & duo chromes & heat sensitive. Anyone agree?

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but did you ladies get your jules for taking the March box? I have not gotten mine yet, and I also didn't get them for referring a friend days after she made her purchase (and had already gotten her welcome box in the mail). I contacted them about the referral and the CS rep gave me those jules, but I hadn't realized at the time that I didn't get my monthly ones yet either.
Haven't gotten mine either.

Since Julep has severely limited the ability to skip for new members, and they are getting rid of the free polish for taking three boxes in a row, is there any incentive left besides Jules? And perhaps the secret store, which hasn't impressed me lately. If you cancel and resubscribe during the Maven selection window, do you get that box or another welcome box? I subscribed in November, so I can still skip (at least for now) but I'm not happy about the loss of the free polish incentive. I feel like Julep is sucking all of the fun and flexibilty out of the Maven subscription. Does anyone else think this might backfire on them and they may lose a lot of customers?

I just noticed the March collection came in stock.  All except Rae. 
frown.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since Julep has severely limited the ability to skip for new members, and they are getting rid of the free polish for taking three boxes in a row, is there any incentive left besides Jules? And perhaps the secret store, which hasn't impressed me lately. If you cancel and resubscribe during the Maven selection window, do you get that box or another welcome box? I subscribed in November, so I can still skip (at least for now) but I'm not happy about the loss of the free polish incentive. I feel like Julep is sucking all of the fun and flexibilty out of the Maven subscription. Does anyone else think this might backfire on them and they may lose a lot of customers?
I /know/ they're gonna lose a lot of customers. They're pretty much hemorrhaging reasons to leave at this point. 

Also, super pissed. After being told ON MONDAY, that my box was shipped...ON MONDAY, my tracking info said that my box will be delivered...NEXT MONDAY.

I'm gonna go start some fires. 
eusa_wall.gif

I /know/ they're gonna lose a lot of customers. They're pretty much hemorrhaging reasons to leave at this point.  Also, super pissed. After being told ON MONDAY, that my box was shipped...ON MONDAY, my tracking info said that my box will be delivered...NEXT MONDAY. I'm gonna go start some fires. :eusa_wall:  
You still haven't gotten your March box? Seems they shipped it later than most others? Did they ship DHL? Their horrible shipping drives me crazy. I'm also not crazy about the fact that most of their polishes turn out to look darker in person than in their swatch photos. I'm seriously thinking I just need to go back to buying polish at an actual store. Now I just feel like I'm an impatient complainer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You still haven't gotten your March box? Seems they shipped it later than most others? Did they ship DHL? Their horrible shipping drives me crazy. I'm also not crazy about the fact that most of their polishes turn out to look darker in person than in their swatch photos. I'm seriously thinking I just need to go back to buying polish at an actual store.

Now I just feel like I'm an impatient complainer.
smile.gif

Nope, yes, no, and I agree, all in that order. I was told it shipped on Monday, but I didn't get a shipping confirmation email until fucking thursday. And it went USPS. Ugh. As for it being darker in person, honestly, I'm okay with that, because pastels wash me out >.>

Also, I'm as impatient as a virgin dude at prom to begin with, but Julep stringing me along for more than a week doesn't help. STOP COCKBLOCKING ME, JULEP. UNFAIR.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I seriously think they are deliberately trying to run the subscription side into the ground, much like the original _X-Men_ franchise had amazing potential, and then they handed it over to Brett the Fucking Hack Ratner, and then he drove that series directly into the ground. *Still* mad about that one.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I seriously think they are deliberately trying to run the subscription side into the ground, much like the original _X-Men_ franchise had amazing potential, and then they handed it over to Brett the Fucking Hack Ratner, and then he drove that series directly into the ground. *Still* mad about that one.
You.

I like you.

@hrhvittoria -- I don't have my March box either.  And given that they claim that they ship from Glassboro, NJ, which is in the same state as me and only about a 2 hour drive from my house, I am really baffled by the fact that the package was last seen in Elkridge Park, MD.

I cannot say how much I hate Julep's shipping.  I try (really, I do) not to come on and complain about it every time I place an order, but it's just crazy.  And the "New! IMPROVED!" tracking system is a total f'ing nightmare.  I hate not actually being able to see "when" things happen.  The "Track My Order" link has said "package tendered to USPS in Secaucus" for 2 days, but the USPS tracking still just shows it as "departed partner shipping facility" on Wednesday.  Is the package lost?  Is it just that USPS hasn't updated the tracking (which happens too often)?  Is it that because Julep uses this cheap-ass shipping, there are a bunch of packages that were "dropped off" at the Secaucus mail facility that are sitting unscanned until USPS gets around to them (because the people at USPS told me that stuff that is shipped this way is at the absolute bottom of their priority every day and it only moves when they have a day that's light enough for them to process every other piece of mail)?

Sorry for getting all ranty about this, but what I hate about it is that before Julep found this AMAZING new way to ship our packages, it used to take about 3 days for packages to get to me in NJ from SEATTLE!  And now when stuff ships from the West Coast, it takes 14 days from the day it ships (which might be several days after it is ordered).  If I hadn't gotten so used to getting things in a reasonable amount of time, I probably wouldn't be so irritated by it.  E.g., my expectations for Glossybox are so low that I'm just happy to actually get my box -- I don't care when it arrives.
Anyway, I did order Aretha, but only because for some unknown reason I got a gift card from Julep for $36.36 last month.  Had it not been free, I might have been able to beat down my compulsive completistness.  I was somewhat amused by the email they sent showing you how to layer it with a light blue polish.  Hi-freaking-larious, Julep.  Why sell one monthly polish when we can sell two?

Soooo, OT for this month but I finally got around to using my gel eyeliner and bronze eyesheen from last month and I freaking love them both.  I also love the eyeliner brush too.  The eyeliner does not budge AT ALL, even in the shower.  I can't remember if it was supposed to be waterproof, but they could probably get away with calling it that because it's stays put so well.

Nope, yes, no, and I agree, all in that order. I was told it shipped on Monday, but I didn't get a shipping confirmation email until fucking thursday. And it went USPS. Ugh. As for it being darker in person, honestly, I'm okay with that, because pastels wash me out >.> Also, I'm as impatient as a virgin dude at prom to begin with, but Julep stringing me along for more than a week doesn't help. STOP COCKBLOCKING ME, JULEP. UNFAIR. I just spit water all over my phone. I'd really like to know what reason they are giving for taking away the free polish code, especially since their reason for not allowing people to skip anymore was questionable at best. I don't like pastels either but almost every dark polish I've gotten has looked almost black and I could barely tell them apart. Ha, after waiting two weeks after the ship date I go from impatient to starting to hold a grudge to being completely underwhelmed by the time I get it. It's not that I don't like the polish, I think I am just too impatient and lose any excitement or anticipation I was feeling. I think I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime.

How on earth do you guys get your boxes so early? I have to wait until the 20th to skip a month?  I am still pretty upset by the recent changes regarding new members not being able to skip months.  I am pretty sure I am going to unsubscribe since I have skipped like 2 or 3 months in a row now.  However I want to wait until April because it is my birthday and I really want to see the april birthstone polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope it's not just clear with glitter but we will see

I think the award for most adorable & funniest post on here goes to [@]hrhvittoria[/@]. xD & I hope to God these shipping nightmares never happen to me. I've only ever had to wait longer than I wanted to for my BeMine order from last month. The tracker was really funky & it took over a week to get my polishes; other than that I've had no real issue. As I type this all up with 1 hand I'm knocking on wood with the other.

Anyway, I did order Aretha, but only because for some unknown reason I got a gift card from Julep for $36.36 last month.  Had it not been free, I might have been able to beat down my compulsive completistness.  I was somewhat amused by the email they sent showing you how to layer it with a light blue polish.  Hi-freaking-larious, Julep.  Why sell one monthly polish when we can sell two?
For some reason I don't get any emails from Julep unless it's about shipping, but I saw the photo on Instagram this morning. *eye roll* I feel even better than before about not purchasing Aretha for my birthday. I have Zoya Mosheen which I think is prettier. Let's just say that thanks to Aretha, Julep has REALLY lowered my expectations of the Birthstone Collection. I won't be surprised if April ends up hardly visible or glitter dense.
Soooo, OT for this month but I finally got around to using my gel eyeliner and bronze eyesheen from last month and I freaking love them both.  I also love the eyeliner brush too.  The eyeliner does not budge AT ALL, even in the shower.  I can't remember if it was supposed to be waterproof, but they could probably get away with calling it that because it's stays put so well.
I'm glad you like the eyeliner! I strongly considered getting the duo. I used the Sheen10 code to pick up Warm Fig Shimmer, the color wasn't what I expected (thanks again Julep) but it's gorgeous nonetheless. I CAN'T use my finger though. For me it works a lot better with a brush.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am loving how cohesive this collection is!  here is a skittles mani, looks like a circus!

bottles l to r:  Elisa, Margaret,  Lilou, Princess Grace, and Harriet
Perfect for spring!

Quote:Originally Posted by cherrycakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How on earth do you guys get your boxes so early? I have to wait until the 20th to skip a month?  I am still pretty upset by the recent changes regarding new members not being able to skip months.  I am pretty sure I am going to unsubscribe since I have skipped like 2 or 3 months in a row now.  However I want to wait until April because it is my birthday and I really want to see the april birthstone polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope it's not just clear with glitter but we will see

They start shipping the boxes out right after billing on the 27th and they come pretty quick! I got mine within a couple days.

Is anyone else having a problem with orders shipping? I got my maven box pretty quickly, but I place an order on 2/25 and two orders on 3/1 and none of them have shipped yet. I am getting pretty annoyed because some of these items are gifts. I just emailed customer service. Anyone else having this problem?

Latest posts

Back