(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm seriously never going to do a mystery box again, they look so appealing, but I ALWAYS end up getting burned. They used to be great, but now I feel like they're just shipping out garbage. The addon last month was in savvy deals for $16. For that price, I'd rather pick my own couple of polishes from the clearance (for $2.99, I could get 3 for less than the mystery addon and I'd end up with just as much stuff). These markups are getting ridiculous
icon_frown.gif

Agree!

My #1 shopping rule in 2014:  NO Julep mystery boxes! 

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm seriously never going to do a mystery box again, they look so appealing, but I ALWAYS end up getting burned. They used to be great, but now I feel like they're just shipping out garbage. The addon last month was in savvy deals for $16. For that price, I'd rather pick my own couple of polishes from the clearance (for $2.99, I could get 3 for less than the mystery addon and I'd end up with just as much stuff). These markups are getting ridiculous
icon_frown.gif

Yeah, I feel ya. I'm just a sucker for the possibilities, haha. I think if I don't get some good stuff this time I'll probably give the mystery boxes a rest for a while. 

Ok I'm seeing on fb that multiple people got the mystery add-ons... I wanna know why I didn't get this option? hmm..

Going to wait for spoilers before I spring for one. I love the green polishes so I really want to buy them, but lately I don't like the mystery boxes at all. Hope spoilers come quickly!

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Going to wait for spoilers before I spring for one. I love the green polishes so I really want to buy them, but lately I don't like the mystery boxes at all. Hope spoilers come quickly!

iagree.gif

I haven't bought a mystery box from Julep in months.  They were great the first few months that I subbed, but eventually were just too many repeats.  I was able to get a good deal on one last month, when someone got a dupe box after the mystery add-on sold out before they stopped selling it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I'm seeing on fb that multiple people got the mystery add-ons... I wanna know why I didn't get this option? hmm..
It just popped up for me when I hit 'check out.'

I want all the new green polishes that come with the mystery boxes but not the mystery box itself! I'll also wait patiently for spoilers. I'm not a gambler and I really don't like surprise so I think the mystery boxes just aren't my thing! I prefer to know what I'm spending my money on.

I want all the new green polishes that come with the mystery boxes but not the mystery box itself! I'll also wait patiently for spoilers. I'm not a gambler and I really don't like surprise so I think the mystery boxes just aren't my thing! I prefer to know what I'm spending my money on.
I really liked them before I grew my julep collection. Now they include too many dupes or things I don't care for. But these green polishes are so pretty! Hoping for awesome spoilers

Me too! I feel like I NEED Shannon, I love Taryn, but Shannon is sooo gorgeous, and I love the finish. I need to use all my willpower because $25 is way to much for 8ml of ANY nail polish, and I am certain that the rest of the box will not be worth it for me.

I bought all three of the ones with new polishes. I feel kind of bad because last time I did the same thing and got a LOT of dupes. I was able to use them as birthday gifts because nearly everyone I know was born in February, March, or April, but with birthdays winding down I don't have many gifting options. I just couldn't help needing those new polishes. Plus I usually love getting new non-polish products to try out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone have trouble with the goopiness of Elisa? I was going to do some geometric designs with several colors I just got, but Elisa was so goopy and thick I don't think I can do as many colors over it as I had planned. May just do Elisa and Harriet. This may be the final straw that gets me to buy some nail polish thinner.
I don't have Elisa but I just got some thinner and used it on some of my old Julep polishes that were incredibly thick and it helped so much. I would definitely recommend trying it! 

I bought all three of the ones with new polishes. I feel kind of bad because last time I did the same thing and got a LOT of dupes. I was able to use them as birthday gifts because nearly everyone I know was born in February, March, or April, but with birthdays winding down I don't have many gifting options. I just couldn't help needing those new polishes. Plus I usually love getting new non-polish products to try out.
Glad to see I'm not the only crazy mystery box buyer.. And this after I got 3 Americas, an extra Karen and Claudette in the Cupid Mystery boxes AND swore off mystery boxes for a while.. Yup - just ordered the Shannon, Taryn and Mystery mystery boxes along with both mystery add ons. Something is seriously wrong with me. Maybe by next month my guilt will finally overpower my compulsion to buy every mystery box on this Earth.. Maybe..

Hm I am still debating on this mystery box. I do wonder if the mystery mystery box will include one of the new colors. It doesn't say.

So I checked my tracking. It says my March box is out for delivery, yet won't be here until tomorrow. Um......

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I checked my tracking. It says my March box is out for delivery, yet won't be here until tomorrow. Um......
I FINALLY HAVE MY BOX!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by mgarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got mine! I can't stay away from the mystery boxes. I love the surprise! I got Aislynn (I think thats how you spell it) and I added on the Major Mystery add on. I can't wait to get it! I've made about four purchases from Julep this month, haha. Good thing tomorrow is my birthday so I have a good excuse for my hubs! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mystery boxes are up.

Thread: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/141484/march-2014-mystery-box
 I know im early but 
birthday.gif
 I was thinking about getting one since its my birthday month and I skipped my box. Don't know which one to pick.

I know im early but  :birthday:  I was thinking about getting one since its my birthday month and I skipped my box. Don't know which one to pick.
Thanks! Happy birthday to you too! And all the other March babies too. :) This is the first month I've not skipped and gotten the mystery box. I'm totally enabling myself since I have an excuse.

Quote: Originally Posted by mgarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know im early but 
birthday.gif
 I was thinking about getting one since its my birthday month and I skipped my box. Don't know which one to pick.
Thanks! Happy birthday to you too! And all the other March babies too. :) This is the first month I've not skipped and gotten the mystery box. I'm totally enabling myself since I have an excuse. Thank you! Hope you get a great box.

Latest posts

Back