(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Monaco and Lilou seemed thin to me, but two coats worked fine nonetheless. And Monaco in combo with Tania is so amazing!!

I'm very glad I decided not to skip this month and got all those gorgeous polishes. Now, on to the next ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not sure if you all got this email this morning, but thought I would share here. Sorry if it interrupts the momentum a bit on the March box, but looks like a good cause and really excited that 100% of proceeds go to this fund. The color is pretty too. 

anyone else see the new email that came out today about a new color?   I'm actually liking the look of it in the email, but the swatches on the actual website not sure about....  I'm usually never a cream or a pink fan, but it's kinda calling me anyway.  Nice that they say all the profits will go to the fund too.

ImageProxy.mvc
          MAVEN   SHOP   CONNECT   MEET JULEP    
ImageProxy.mvc

I didn't get the Malala email but I saw it on facebook. The color is beautiful!! And such a good cause. I love that they donate 100% of the profit (meaning after their fees). I'm ordering one for sure, maybe even 2 b/c it looks a lot like my go-to color from another brand and I'm excited about it!

I received my box today and I'm not very happy with the consistency of the polish. Both Lilou and Monaco are incredibly runny. I immediately opened Lilou and put it on one nail- the polish was so drippy that a big glob fell off the top part of the brush and onto my pants. I have two coats of Lilou on my nails now (one coat only on my pants) and it needs 3 or 4, I think. The colours are gorgeous but the formula really sucks. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my box today and I'm not very happy with the consistency of the polish. Both Lilou and Monaco are incredibly runny. I immediately opened Lilou and put it on one nail- the polish was so drippy that a big glob fell off the top part of the brush and onto my pants. I have two coats of Lilou on my nails now (one coat only on my pants) and it needs 3 or 4, I think. The colours are gorgeous but the formula really sucks.

Sorry to hear about your pants, but your post made me LOL!  Julep's polish consistency certainly runs the gamut from thick to thin.  And then there are the special ones that manage to be gloppy and runny simultaneously.

I like the Malala color, but I think it looks too much like Joy, which I already have. I just did a bunch of Julep orders, so I'll be skipping this for now.

Didn't get that email, but I love the color. And after having read Malala's autobiography, I really like the idea of them giving the proceeds to her foundation. This is the first time I'm tempted to by a full-price polish!

Quote:Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the Malala color, but I think it looks too much like Joy, which I already have. I just did a bunch of Julep orders, so I'll be skipping this for now.

I don't have Joy in person, it's been on my list to get for a little while now, but I think you're right. That picture of the bottle looks quite a bit darker than Malala, but if you look up swatch photos they are really close. Seems like that is becoming a theme lately.. I've seen others complain quite a bit about "new" colors looking strangely similar to old colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have Joy in person, it's been on my list to get for a little while now, but I think you're right. That picture of the bottle looks quite a bit darker than Malala, but if you look up swatch photos they are really close. Seems like that is becoming a theme lately.. I've seen others complain quite a bit about "new" colors looking strangely similar to old colors. I have Joy on my toes right now actually, and it's much lighter than the bottle looks.

I went ahead and ordered Malala. They stated on FB that the entire sale price will go to the foundation as Julep is covering the cost of producing the polish. For me, it's just a wonderful way to contribute a little bit .. even if the color may be a dupe (which I don't have).

I'm torn because I love the color Malala and want to support her cause, but because I like it so much I already have a million colors just like it! I think I'm going to pass for now...but hopefully I can pick it up later! 

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry to hear about your pants, but your post made me LOL!  Julep's polish consistency certainly runs the gamut from thick to thin.  And then there are the special ones that manage to be gloppy and runny simultaneously.
hahaha I got most of the polish off my pants so no worries :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree that Malala looks like Joy. And the swatches remind me of OPI Tickle My France-y, which is one of my all time favorite nail polish colors.

Did anyone else see this. It's only at sephora. What about us mavens? I really want it but don't know about paying full price. I can be el cheapo.

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else see this. It's only at sephora. What about us mavens? I really want it but don't know about paying full price. I can be el cheapo.

Oooh pretty. Maybe an April color? It does say limited edition and online only, maybe we won't get it. 
icon_cry.gif
 I'm cheap too I try not to get any Julep colors for full Maven price. Plus, I think I have like 3 colors similar to it lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get the Malala email but I saw it on facebook. The color is beautiful!! And such a good cause. I love that they donate 100% of the profit (meaning after their fees). I'm ordering one for sure, maybe even 2 b/c it looks a lot like my go-to color from another brand and I'm excited about it!

No email here, no email on the Mystery Boxes. The gal I talked to last week when I called because my addons were missing was supposedly going to resub me to see if that fixed it. Nope. Changed email addresses to see if that fixed it, nope. I'm only getting emails for my monthly box, so that tells me Julep doesn't want my money that badly. I don't do Facebook, so I'd never know about this stuff if I didn't check out here on a regular basis.

Of the colors I got this month, I have tried Rae, Margaret and Lizanne. I have liked them all, but the formula on Lizanne is super awesome.

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Latest posts

Back