(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new box (replacement order for my missing It Girl box) has not updated with shipping info yet.  The very first order I placed for the mystery box back in December never updated either.  It was the free 2 day shipping, so I called them and they sent me the shipping info.  It was still late (took 5 days to arrive).  This time I am just hoping it doesn't take a few weeks since my box was messed up.  I want to test out the It Girl box so much!

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my It Girl box last night!

I'm so happy with my selection. I already broke into Lizanne & am planning on wearing Margaret for my birthday. & I'm completely shocked by 2 things. 1: I don't have a SINGLE DUPE for Princess Grace! & 2: I ordered 3 sets of Swatch Me stickers as add-ons, but as you can see they gave me 4. It was probably an accident, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless!
I also think the little candy stick they threw in was adorable. I got cotton candy; what flavor did everybody else get?
Awe I'm so jealous, lol.  I couldn't believe it when I opened my box and.......add-ons only.  But at least those came anyway!  I really love the look of those three shades and really want to see the blue one in person to see if it's similar to a shade I already have or not.  

I hope I get cotton candy too, that's my fave!

Just tried out Rae which goes on beautifully. I really like the color. It seems like the new maven boxes are pretty much exactly the same color .. I wonder if that's because of the "color of the year" thing. In any case, it's a gorgeous color.

Just got my box.

They REALLY need to start doing more accurate swatches. Elisa is WAY more blue than the swatches showed, and Harriet is a dead ringer for Gloria on the nail, despite looking different in the bottle. It runs a lot more orange than coral. So annoying. Colors can vary between screens, but I'm a graphic designer and use a handheld monitor calibration tool to get accurate color per industry standards, so I know this isn't on my end.

On the bright side, the lipgloss is nice (though not very pigmented), and the lip balm and lip scrub pen are AWESOME.

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just got my box.

They REALLY need to start doing more accurate swatches. Elisa is WAY more blue than the swatches showed, and Harriet is a dead ringer for Gloria on the nail, despite looking different in the bottle. It runs a lot more orange than coral. So annoying. Colors can vary between screens, but I'm a graphic designer and use a handheld monitor calibration tool to get accurate color per industry standards, so I know this isn't on my end.

On the bright side, the lipgloss is nice (though not very pigmented), and the lip balm and lip scrub pen are AWESOME.
I agree, I haven't been a Maven for too long but I already have realized their photos are not accurate.  That's why I was surprised at how much more pink Rae is in person compared to the photo, and it's also why I'm just itching to see the It Girl colors in person.  Margaret from that group looks very muted and more purple in Julep's photos but in the swatch posted on here it looks like bright sky blue.  I kind of can't even believe these are the same color.  Lizanne and Princess Grace at least look similar.

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just tried out Rae which goes on beautifully. I really like the color. It seems like the new maven boxes are pretty much exactly the same color .. I wonder if that's because of the "color of the year" thing. In any case, it's a gorgeous color.

Yeah, I am wearing Rae right now as well and I really like it!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree, I haven't been a Maven for too long but I already have realized their photos are not accurate.  That's why I was surprised at how much more pink Rae is in person compared to the photo, and it's also why I'm just itching to see the It Girl colors in person.  Margaret from that group looks very muted and more purple in Julep's photos but in the swatch posted on here it looks like bright sky blue.  I kind of can't even believe these are the same color.  Lizanne and Princess Grace at least look similar.
The funny part is, the swatch photo of Margaret actually looks more like Elisa does in person!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here are swatches of Julep Rae, Tania, and Monaco in shade and full sun.  I love them all!  Such great spring colors.

Love those colors hopefully they will go on sale soon so I can buy them.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  the riviera collection

boho glam

it girl

tania

Bombshell

classic with a twist

lipgloss in awestruck

Julep needs to hire the ladies at MUT for swatches, I would have bought the upgrade.

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The funny part is, the swatch photo of Margaret actually looks more like Elisa does in person!
You are so right!  I was just trying not to get too close of dupes to the Orly Mash Up collection from last year - I was worried Harmonious Mess and Pretty-Ugly might be dupes for Elisa and Margaret.  But Margaret looks more sky blue and brighter.  Elisa does look pretty similar to H.M, but brighter too.   (photos via http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2013/05/orly-summer-2013-mash-up-collection.html)

(Harmonious Mess)

(Pretty-Ugly)

I received my March box today and I love it. This is the second month in a row I have been very happy with my Julep box. Can't wait to use these babies!

I am loving how cohesive this collection is!  here is a skittles mani, looks like a circus! bottles 
l to r:  Elisa, Margaret,  Lilou, Princess Grace, and Harriet

what a happy mani! Very cute, what top coat did you use?

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but did you ladies get your jules for taking the March box? I have not gotten mine yet, and I also didn't get them for referring a friend days after she made her purchase (and had already gotten her welcome box in the mail). I contacted them about the referral and the CS rep gave me those jules, but I hadn't realized at the time that I didn't get my monthly ones yet either.

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but did you ladies get your jules for taking the March box? I have not gotten mine yet, and I also didn't get them for referring a friend days after she made her purchase (and had already gotten her welcome box in the mail). I contacted them about the referral and the CS rep gave me those jules, but I hadn't realized at the time that I didn't get my monthly ones yet either.
I checked today and I don't have my March Jules or my anniversary Jules from February yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten mine yet either. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I checked today and I don't have my March Jules or my anniversary Jules from February yet.
Quote:Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten mine yet either. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if that is good news or not, but at least we're not alone? Definitely if I don't have them before the 20th I'm calling again.

Quote:Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if that is good news or not, but at least we're not alone? Definitely if I don't have them before the 20th I'm calling again.
Yeah, looking at my Jules history there doesn't seem to be a certain day they give them. I will be emailing for sure too because my next box should be free.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, looking at my Jules history there doesn't seem to be a certain day they give them. I will be emailing for sure too because my next box should be free.
I haven't gotten mine either yet, so it looks like maybe they're just late giving them out.

My replacement box finally shipped and it says estimated delivery the 14-18 via USPS...whoa!  That's a long time.  Last time my box shipped on Thursday and arrived on Monday.  I hope that's not accurate.

Latest posts

Back