(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gawsh. Just got my March Boho Glam box with Rae and Tania added on. I'M IN LOVE. TANIA HAS HOLOGRAPHIC SPARKLES. SJAJSBSJAGWURIEOB! So glad I took this box! And Elisa has these beautiful subtle silver sparkles... So pretty... I wish I had enough to get the whole collection... Sparkle sparkle...

Sooo my box just came...with only the add-ons.  So weird.  It looks like the little circular piece of tape that seals it had been unstuck and re-sealed, but the sides of the box were still in place.  So I have no idea if they just shipped the add-ons and not the actual It Girl box, or if someone opened it and stole them, but I saw pictures online where there was a piece of candy included this month too and there was no candy either. 

I called CS and they have put in a new order for me for the It Girl box, it will take 5-10 days.  Kind of a bummer because I was so looking forward to seeing Lizanne and Princess Grace in person before I place a Zoya order.  The CS associate did tell me that Lizanne has been very popular this month.  She also said they have gotten a lot of calls with people missing Rae or Monaco because they were so popular - she was frankly surprised that my actual box didn't arrive but the add-ons did, so I feel lucky!

Anyway, I LOVE Monaco, Rae, and Tania.  Rae isn't quite as exciting as I expected but still pretty nonetheless, and Monaco - wow, just a gorgeous straight up bright blue but not neon or anything.  Tania is just lovely as well with all the shimmer and glitter, I think I'll have a lot of fun creating looks with that one.

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my gawsh. Just got my March Boho Glam box with Rae and Tania added on. I'M IN LOVE. TANIA HAS HOLOGRAPHIC SPARKLES. SJAJSBSJAGWURIEOB! So glad I took this box! And Elisa has these beautiful subtle silver sparkles... So pretty... I wish I had enough to get the whole collection... Sparkle sparkle...
How's Harriet?  I was eyeing that one up but I already have some brighter coral creams so did not get it.

I don't know the answer to your questions, unfortunately... But I do know that the Jelly Shoes duo is cheaper if you buy the polishes separate... Just FYI! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm pretty certain that you can use the free polish code and also add more polishes. You can also use it on sale polishes that add up to $11.20. Or at least that's what I did last time I got the code.
GAHHH OMG ladies thank you!!! You were totally right about the Jelly Shoes duo; Kyla & Monica were $2.99 each while the duo was $9.99. Not a very smart move on your end Julep! I also picked up Abigail for my oma--I got her Betty for her birthday & it ended up being difficult for her to use, so I'm giving her Abigail to make up for it haha. I used that free polish code & only paid $1.77 for everything! You guys are lifesavers!
Btw, seems like there are a lot of March babies posting here. I'm curious about everyone's birthdays (partly because I'm into astrology and partly because I could have been a March baby myself- February 28th. It wasn't a leap year that year ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).
My birthday is this Saturday, March 8th. :)

Sooo my box just came...with only the add-ons.  So weird.  It looks like the little circular piece of tape that seals it had been unstuck and re-sealed, but the sides of the box were still in place.  So I have no idea if they just shipped the add-ons and not the actual It Girl box, or if someone opened it and stole them, but I saw pictures online where there was a piece of candy included this month too and there was no candy either.  I called CS and they have put in a new order for me for the It Girl box, it will take 5-10 days.  Kind of a bummer because I was so looking forward to seeing Lizanne and Princess Grace in person before I place a Zoya order.  The CS associate did tell me that Lizanne has been very popular this month.  She also said they have gotten a lot of calls with people missing Rae or Monaco because they were so popular - she was frankly surprised that my actual box didn't arrive but the add-ons did, so I feel lucky! Anyway, I LOVE Monaco, Rae, and Tania.  Rae isn't quite as exciting as I expected but still pretty nonetheless, and Monaco - wow, just a gorgeous straight up bright blue but not neon or anything.  Tania is just lovely as well with all the shimmer and glitter, I think I'll have a lot of fun creating looks with that one.
That's terrible! I'm really glad CS was able to help you though.

I guess most of the boxes really ARE showing up today. I just got mine out of the mailbox half an hour ago and I was surprised to see it delivered on time considering I live so far from Seattle. Since I didn't like many of the colors this month, I got the Modern Beauty box and added on Tania. Both of the lip products go on easily and smell nice, but they're not remarkable to me. I'm probably just spoiled and used to being able to taste my strawberry mint lip bam on my lips when I put it on. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be using them a good bit.

But Tania? Gorgeousssssss. I love top coat polishes/normal polishes I can use like top coats and Tania definitely qualifies. Now I'm eager to do my nails again so I can try it on me instead of on my color wheel!

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's terrible! I'm really glad CS was able to help you though.
Yes, actually the few times I've had to contact Julep CS I have been happy with them.  I thought they might ask me to send a pic of my box or something but they didn't.  She was very sweet and apologetic about everything.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I guess most of the boxes really ARE showing up today. I just got mine out of the mailbox half an hour ago and I was surprised to see it delivered on time considering I live so far from Seattle. Since I didn't like many of the colors this month, I got the Modern Beauty box and added on Tania. Both of the lip products go on easily and smell nice, but they're not remarkable to me. I'm probably just spoiled and used to being able to taste my strawberry mint lip bam on my lips when I put it on. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be using them a good bit.

But Tania? Gorgeousssssss. I love top coat polishes/normal polishes I can use like top coats and Tania definitely qualifies. Now I'm eager to do my nails again so I can try it on me instead of on my color wheel!
I love the kind of color shift Tania has - it some lights it looks like just teal glitter in a clear base and then if you turn it you can see the teal/green shift.  Very interesting and unique polish!

Here are swatches of Julep Rae, Tania, and Monaco in shade and full sun.  I love them all!  Such great spring colors.

Wow, I was not expecting Rae to be so bright! It's pinker than I imagine Radiant Orchid to be, but still really pretty.

Quote: Originally Posted by alisong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, I was not expecting Rae to be so bright! It's pinker than I imagine Radiant Orchid to be, but still really pretty.
It is brighter than I was expecting as well, but my pictures did make it look a bit more pink than it is IRL.  It is more of a cool toned smoked out purple/pink, if that weird description makes sense.  

I'm really surprised but I have no dupes for this is my stash.  I am wearing Zoya Odette right now, which is a darker smokier purple compared to this, but I think they will look great together as a colorful french style mani or with Rae as an accent nail.

Here are swatches of Julep Rae, Tania, and Monaco in shade and full sun.  I love them all!  Such great spring colors.
Monaco turned out to be very pretty!!

Hey!

I posted this elsewhere, but I thought y'all might like it too.

I got the Polish Upgrade + Tania & Rae, so for the sake of comparison, I photographed these with my DSLR using a 100% neutral white balance card, and used the "Faithful" color setting. This is about as accurate a color as you'll get. I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you need/want any color names.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey!

I posted this elsewhere, but I thought y'all might like it too.

I got the Polish Upgrade + Tania & Rae, so for the sake of comparison, I photographed these with my DSLR using a 100% neutral white balance card, and used the "Faithful" color setting. This is about as accurate a color as you'll get. I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you need/want any color names.

They're so beautiful! I'm regretting not getting a box this month. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey! I posted this elsewhere, but I thought y'all might like it too. I got the Polish Upgrade + Tania & Rae, so for the sake of comparison, I photographed these with my DSLR using a 100% neutral white balance card, and used the "Faithful" color setting. This is about as accurate a color as you'll get. I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you need/want any color names.
The way julep presented it, u would never have known it was the friggin RAINBOW!!!! Awwwe maaaaan!!!

the riviera collection boho glam it girl tania Bombshell classic with a twist lipgloss in awestruck
These swatches are AMAZING!!! I really don't care for julep's swatches. U did these colors justice. Had I seen them like this, I would have gotten the whole line... Again... Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

i always feel like i should have upgraded after seeing people's swatches!  I just went for it this time, very pretty colors, yes the finishes are a bit boring but nothing a little glitter can't help ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i always feel like i should have upgraded after seeing people's swatches!  I just went for it this time, very pretty colors, yes the finishes are a bit boring but nothing a little glitter can't help ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks to you, I'm gonna have to get Monaco. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />:D

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  the riviera collection

boho glam

it girl

tania

Bombshell

classic with a twist

lipgloss in awestruck

Awesome swatches!  I got It Girl and the only similar shade I might have in my stash is Lizanne ( I already have Julep Kristen and Valerie which seem like darker tones of the same shade).  I definitely am digging Boho Glam too though, I will have to watch for those to go on sale.

Latest posts

Back