(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As far as I recall, it was allowed only one time per person. So unless you had two separate accounts, you could only use it once...

I think you're right, which explains why it wouldn't work for me. Ahh well... On the bright side, I just got a friend to sign up with my referral link and she promised to give me the 50% coupon out of her welcome box and in return I paid for the $3.99 shipping on the welcome box (plus I got 1000 jules for the referral so I definitely think I got the better end of that deal!). So I'm just gonna wait a few days until I get my hands on that coupon and I'll get everything I need then :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you're right, which explains why it wouldn't work for me. Ahh well... On the bright side, I just got a friend to sign up with my referral link and she promised to give me the 50% coupon out of her welcome box and in return I paid for the $3.99 shipping on the welcome box (plus I got 1000 jules for the referral so I definitely think I got the better end of that deal!). So I'm just gonna wait a few days until I get my hands on that coupon and I'll get everything I need then :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yup! I get everyone I know to just try it. I'm like, cheap nail polish for you and points for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm a little more hesitant since they changed the skip policy though. They accidentally included a 50% coupon in my February box instead of the quote (I guess cuz there the same size?) I used it for the addon (I purchased it alone), to get it for $5. Yay :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup! I get everyone I know to just try it. I'm like, cheap nail polish for you and points for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm a little more hesitant since they changed the skip policy though. They accidentally included a 50% coupon in my February box instead of the quote (I guess cuz there the same size?) I used it for the addon (I purchased it alone), to get it for $5. Yay :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've only been able to convince 3 friends to sign up so far... The no skips thing plus the fact that you have to make an effort to cancel (rather than just clicking a button on the website) makes people hesitant :/ That's awesome about the coupon!! Lucky you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've only been able to convince 3 friends to sign up so far... The no skips thing plus the fact that you have to make an effort to cancel (rather than just clicking a button on the website) makes people hesitant :/ That's awesome about the coupon!! Lucky you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It was a lot easier to get people to join back when referral was only a single penny lol. The skip thing makes me very hesitant to ask people, personally. The last thing I want is people to start getting charged for other boxes. A lot of people I know would feel guilty cancelling after the first box.

Seeing the March polish makes me dread the October polish. October is my birthday month, and I was so excited for a full coverage opal glitter. Now I bet it'll be a boring top coat.
I'm an October baby too. I feel the same way. They'll probably use Camille.

Does anyone know if julep is still doing the golden boxes monthly?
Julep stopped doing the golden boxes a while ago. I don't know exactly when. They just kinda stopped. I think they may have replaced the last version of them with the my maven contests (which sucks for us Canadians who don't get our boxes till the contest is long gone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) but don't take my word for it.

Julep stopped doing the golden boxes a while ago. I don't know exactly when. They just kinda stopped. I think they may have replaced the last version of them with the my maven contests (which sucks for us Canadians who don't get our boxes till the contest is long gone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) but don't take my word for it.
Lame!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep stopped doing the golden boxes a while ago. I don't know exactly when. They just kinda stopped. I think they may have replaced the last version of them with the my maven contests (which sucks for us Canadians who don't get our boxes till the contest is long gone
frown.gif
) but don't take my word for it.
Julep said last month's My Maven contest was the last one. They implied that they'd be doing something else, but it might have generic "stay tuned for 'fun' activities!" fluff. I guess we'll find out in a day or two since boxes are already arriving.

Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My It Girl box plus Rae & Tania
Nice!  That's the exact same thing I'm getting except I also added Monaco.  I really hope mine comes tomorrow.

Julep said last month's My Maven contest was the last one. They implied that they'd be doing something else, but it might have generic "stay tuned for 'fun' activities!" fluff. I guess we'll find out in a day or two since boxes are already arriving.
Hope so, though I skipped so I guess it really doesn't effect me... But sill, after getting rid of skips, the free 3 month polish and my maven, they need to do something soon. I'm kinda happy about them changing my maven (as long as their is a replacement) because for us Canadians it was cruel, and not every maven has Facebook either I'm sure. Maven, and julep in general, has been changing an awful lot. I just hope this is a minor speed bump, and julep goes back to being a cute fun subscription program.

Seeing some of the colors on Instagram, I'm kind of sad I didn't get the whole collection. They look very pretty. Aw well I'll grab them later in the store.

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Are there any coupon codes that work for the secret store?  Thanks!
Not sure if it will work in the SS, but try Beautybio. 

Seeing that I STILL have yet to receive my damn polish code, I'll just skip out on Aretha for now & pick up the Jelly Shoes duo. & someday if that polish code ever reaches me, I may even get cold feet on Aretha & get a color I actually like such as Candace or Ciara. I feel almost guilty not wanting my own birthstone polish--& I never wanna pay full price for glitter topcoats so I really should use that on Aretha. But I thought an aquamarine glitter would be impossible to f*** up & that's exactly what Julep did. Thanks Julep. Update: Literally 10 minutes after the above was posted, I get a call from CS giving me my free polish code. >.< What do you think ladies: should I bite the bullet & go with Aretha or should I get a different polish for free? & is it possible to apply the free polish code & then add more things to my cart, or does it all have to be separate purchases?

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seeing that I STILL have yet to receive my damn polish code, I'll just skip out on Aretha for now & pick up the Jelly Shoes duo. & someday if that polish code ever reaches me, I may even get cold feet on Aretha & get a color I actually like such as Candace or Ciara. I feel almost guilty not wanting my own birthstone polish--& I never wanna pay full price for glitter topcoats so I really should use that on Aretha. But I thought an aquamarine glitter would be impossible to f*** up & that's exactly what Julep did. Thanks Julep.

Update: Literally 10 minutes after the above was posted, I get a call from CS giving me my free polish code. >.< What do you think ladies: should I bite the bullet & go with Aretha or should I get a different polish for free?
& is it possible to apply the free polish code & then add more things to my cart, or does it all have to be separate purchases?

I don't know the answer to your questions, unfortunately... But I do know that the Jelly Shoes duo is cheaper if you buy the polishes separate... Just FYI! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seeing that I STILL have yet to receive my damn polish code, I'll just skip out on Aretha for now & pick up the Jelly Shoes duo. & someday if that polish code ever reaches me, I may even get cold feet on Aretha & get a color I actually like such as Candace or Ciara. I feel almost guilty not wanting my own birthstone polish--& I never wanna pay full price for glitter topcoats so I really should use that on Aretha. But I thought an aquamarine glitter would be impossible to f*** up & that's exactly what Julep did. Thanks Julep. Update: Literally 10 minutes after the above was posted, I get a call from CS giving me my free polish code. >.< What do you think ladies: should I bite the bullet & go with Aretha or should I get a different polish for free? & is it possible to apply the free polish code & then add more things to my cart, or does it all have to be separate purchases?
I'm pretty certain that you can use the free polish code and also add more polishes. You can also use it on sale polishes that add up to $11.20. Or at least that's what I did last time I got the code.

Btw, seems like there are a lot of March babies posting here. I'm curious about everyone's birthdays (partly because I'm into astrology and partly because I could have been a March baby myself- February 28th. It wasn't a leap year that year ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

whines my box hasn't even shipped yet I just want my pretty polishes ;-;

(okay, so I gotta admit, I wasn't thrilled with the colors at first, but dayum, the boho glam colors grew on me like nothing else and now I can't wait e.e)

Latest posts

Back