(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized that when my current orders come in I will have exceeded all my space in my current Julep holder. Trying to decide if I should get the color caddy while it is $19.99 in the Secret Store. I think I recall initial reviews not been good but it looks OK from the pics. Does anyone have it and recommend/not recommend it?

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Didn't the wizard of oz set come out a few months ago at QVC or am I mistaken??

It did. And after looking at the swatches, Tin Man looks like Rebel with a different name. I can't quite picture a name for Emerald City, but it also looks like a repurposed shade to me.

How long does it typically take to get the code for the free polish? I don't want to jump on the phone this morning asking where it is if they're going to be sending it out in the next day or so. Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just realized that when my current orders come in I will have exceeded all my space in my current Julep holder. Trying to decide if I should get the color caddy while it is $19.99 in the Secret Store. I think I recall initial reviews not been good but it looks OK from the pics. Does anyone have it and recommend/not recommend it?
I have one and I would recommend it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I forgot to cancel this month. But the good news is my box is out for delivery. Hopefully I like the colors better in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel the same way. I was really in to Julep mid-late last year, then after the November box I wasn't really in to anything. I didn't take the December or the January box and didn't order anything - even when I had a free polish code! Then in February I took my box and loved it and have since been on a Julep buying binge! As of right now I am loving the latest colors (I know I am quite alone on that thought). I have my monthly box with 3 add-ons on it's way, an order with maybe 6-8 polishes from the red carpet sets coming, and now I just placed a secret store order for Mae and the set of 4 neutrals. I haven't spent this much at Julep for about 6 months, but lately I am really loving it. I do however feel like the Secret Store prices are higher than they used to be and I was definitely expecting the birth stone polish to be a full coverage glitter. But overall I am still really happy with Julep.
Haha, good to know I'm not alone ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FYI anyone thinking of getting the Butterfly Garden or Jelly Shoes sets... You can get the individual polishes cheaper in the Savvy Deals. $2.99 a piece instead of $9.99 for the set.

I have one and I would recommend it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks, I'm gunna go back and place my second secret store order for the day for the Color Caddy ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So instead of getting a monthly box I used my free polish code on some polish in the savvy deals sections and spent a grand total of $5...I think I might do this from now on because I got to pick out things I like for real cheap and I ordered during the maven window and already got my box!
Left to right: Kyla, Monica, Mila, Ellie, Joanna

I already got my box in KY, I can't believe it!! Rae and Elisa are gorgeous in person. I love the little candy stick extra that they stuck in there, too! Still regretting that I didn't grab Tania but hopefully I can get it cheap with a code when it comes back in stock.

I already got my box in KY, I can't believe it!! Rae and Elisa are gorgeous in person. I love the little candy stick extra that they stuck in there, too! Still regretting that I didn't grab Tania but hopefully I can get it cheap with a code when it comes back in stock.
Wow congrats on getting your box so quickly. I'm getting both of those colors too and they look gorgeous!

Got my shipping email and it says it was shipped today with estimated delivery Monday! I think that is impossible but that would be awesome if I got it that early.

Someone posted on FB that a CS rep told her that.  Not saying that makes it true, just saying that at least 1 person is claiming to have been told that by Julep.  But yes, that would pretty much be the definition of the dumbest thing ever. 
It's not aquamarine? I think this is kind of disappointing. Betty was gorgeous and Rosa was nice too, and this just doesn't seem to fit in. It's not gemstone like at all, and as others have mentioned, there are a bunch or dupes or almost dupes julep has been making for years.

Anyone else get the contest email today?   I'm not familiar with Scoutmob, but I like the idea of supporting independent business owners (products, shops, restaurants, etc.)  I went to their site, and you get 15% off your first purchase for signing up. 

Quote: Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone else get the contest email today?   I'm not familiar with Scoutmob, but I like the idea of supporting independent business owners (products, shops, restaurants, etc.)  I went to their site, and you get 15% off your first purchase for signing up. 

No email here, but I haven't been getting anything other than Maven window emails lately from them.

maybe if it were chunky glitter or something… you really can't even see the tint on the bear nail… 

Got my shipping email and it says it was shipped today with estimated delivery Monday! I think that is impossible but that would be awesome if I got it that early.
I just got the same exact email. Forget snail mail, this ones coming by cheetah!

I just got the same exact email. Forget snail mail, this ones coming by cheetah!
hahahaha… it must have been a massive email, i got the same thing too...

Quote: Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was scrolling through a blog post on BellaSugar today of the best Spring shades, and I saw this Julep color in the list.  It's not in the regular March collection, it wasn't an Add On, and I can't find it in the store...maybe it's going to be in the Secret Store? 

It seems too light to be the March Aquamarine shade, but you never know!  This color is called Shannon.     

http://www.bellasugar.com/New-Nail-Polish-Spring-2014-34084558

For comparison, I found a pic of an Aquamarine gemstone:  

Whaaaa?  I need that color because A) its my name and B) I love the color!

I have 2 of the caddies and love them. I definitely recommend them!

Latest posts

Back