(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone's box been billed/shipped yet? I had a bank mishap and my box is still listed as pending, so I wanted to see if it was just me, or if anyone else was still waiting, too.

I have a pending charge to my bank account today, but no shipping notice yet.

Thought I'd share my recent purchase while we're all waiting on March to come. I took advantage of the Everbody wins deal, couldn't resist since it included a polish with my name :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The inside of the bag is so silky and has pockets! I'm in love.

I had a bank mishap as well, I had to change my default card. I emailed them, hopefully they can get it taken care of in the morning,

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That looks pretty snazzy! What's that pink bottle on the right?
Ellie! I randomly picked an add on to bump me over the $25 minimum purchase. It's up for trade =)

Thought I'd share my recent purchase while we're all waiting on March to come. I took advantage of the Everbody wins deal, couldn't resist since it included a polish with my name :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The inside of the bag is so silky and has pockets! I'm in love.
Awe, that bag looks really cute! I have been debating doing the Everybody coupon code but I just bought a ton of Zoya polish so I am just taking the box and 3 add ons this month. Love those polish colors though! Has anyone's box been billed/shipped yet? I had a bank mishap and my box is still listed as pending, so I wanted to see if it was just me, or if anyone else was still waiting, mine
I was charged today but no shipping confirmation yet. Last month my box came a lot more quickly than I expected so I hope that is also the case this month. I live in Denver so I am not sure if shipping is faster here for some reason, but so far I have not had any shipping issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Someone posted on FB that a CS rep told her that.  Not saying that makes it true, just saying that at least 1 person is claiming to have been told that by Julep.  But yes, that would pretty much be the definition of the dumbest thing ever.
I didn't read the comment you all are referencing...

But Julep has always set aside a certain set amount of each color for the monthly selections--they "sell out", but they're not out--just out of what they set aside for the boxes, and then after they go out the colors go live for purchase in the shop.  The color should be available in the shop soon.  And if not, I'd put money it goes on sale or special in the near future anyways.  They've never not released a "limited" etc color in the past, to my knowledge.  And this is the "big" color of the year, they're not going to miss out on that money.

And I saw before somebody mentioned Essie's splash of grenadine.  I have that color on right now.  It is a very good option for radiant orchid, and a great formula. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am sooo happy that my order arrived yesterday instead of next week! I had three packages waiting for me when I got home from work (a swap item and my LBB purchase came too!) It felt like Christmas :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here is what I got from Julep:
I'm new to Julep so I'm working on building up my collection. All this was $27.97. I feel like I totally scored!!

Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't read the comment you all are referencing...

But Julep has always set aside a certain set amount of each color for the monthly selections--they "sell out", but they're not out--just out of what they set aside for the boxes, and then after they go out the colors go live for purchase in the shop.  The color should be available in the shop soon.  And if not, I'd put money it goes on sale or special in the near future anyways.  They've never not released a "limited" etc color in the past, to my knowledge.  And this is the "big" color of the year, they're not going to miss out on that money.

And I saw before somebody mentioned Essie's splash of grenadine.  I have that color on right now.  It is a very good option for radiant orchid, and a great formula. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It was more a discussion of why is CS telling people that (if they did)/why was everything showing as sold out when we know that both scenarios (them actually "not restocking" it, or it actually being sold out) were unlikely.  Creating an artificial demand for certain colors is just annoying.  I would be surprised not to see all of the "sold out" colors available at maven pricing (vs. $4.99) very soon, if not in the SS tomorrow.  My guess is that the CS rep probably just didn't know so they made up an answer. 

eta:

This post is responding to an inquiry re:  Rae:

Got my shipment notification this morning, estimated arrival is Monday. (I'm in Seattle) I also received an email about an hour ago for my free polish for taking 3 boxes. Yay!

Quote: Originally Posted by hellorigby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my shipment notification this morning, estimated arrival is Monday. (I'm in Seattle) I also received an email about an hour ago for my free polish for taking 3 boxes. Yay!
My estimate is also Monday, although I'm in San Diego. I find mine arrive quickly on the Julep shipment spectrum.

My estimate is also Monday, although I'm in San Diego. I find mine arrive quickly on the Julep shipment spectrum.
Same here. I'm in the Bay Area so I usually get the monthly boxes 3 days after it's been shipped. It'll be 4 days later this time though, because it got shipped on a Thursday this time & nobody gets mail on Sunday.

Is this really possible??? I pray it is! Just got my shipping email 5 minutes ago and tracking shows estimated delivery of Monday!

Chances are it will get pushed back because that is Julep, and also because we are about to get slammed with another crazy snow storm
brrrr.gif
  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Skipped this month, colors were just meh to me.  I am still waiting on my mystery box which is scheduled to be delivered between Feb 13-17  so who knows when in March I will actually get my order.  Sadly this is just another reason I might bite the bullet and finally cancel my Julep subscription.

Is this really possible??? I pray it is! Just got my shipping email 5 minutes ago and tracking shows estimated delivery of Monday! Chances are it will get pushed back because that is Julep, and also because we are about to get slammed with another crazy snow storm
brrrr.gif
  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!
I usually always get mine in a couple days, here's hoping for you!!

Mine also says Monday, hope it's true!  Although last time I think it took 1 or 2 days longer than their estimated delivery date

I was scrolling through a blog post on BellaSugar today of the best Spring shades, and I saw this Julep color in the list.  It's not in the regular March collection, it wasn't an Add On, and I can't find it in the store...maybe it's going to be in the Secret Store? 

It seems too light to be the March Aquamarine shade, but you never know!  This color is called Shannon.     

http://www.bellasugar.com/New-Nail-Polish-Spring-2014-34084558

For comparison, I found a pic of an Aquamarine gemstone:  

That's a pretty color! I know my computer is ancient because it had a hard time loading that site! It seems too different to be the aquamarine color. But you're right, maybe secret shop?

Latest posts

Back