(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the topic of phone problems in Julep's end the past couple of days: My office's computer network went down Monday afternoon -- and our desk phones are on the network, so I spent the afternoon watching cat videos and just generally playing on my iPhone until my boss decided to have an impromptu department meeting since NO ONE could do anything. At all. There was no workaround because *everything* we do requires the metwork. It was finally fixed shortly after most of us gave up and went home. I would not be surprised to find out that this was what was happening with Julep as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the topic of phone problems in Julep's end the past couple of days: My office's computer network went down Monday afternoon -- and our desk phones are on the network, so I spent the afternoon watching cat videos and just generally playing on my iPhone until my boss decided to have an impromptu department meeting since NO ONE could do anything. At all. There was no workaround because *everything* we do requires the metwork. It was finally fixed shortly after most of us gave up and went home. I would not be surprised to find out that this was what was happening with Julep as well.

Same at our office when the network goes down - our phones use a VOIP network. No computer = no phone.

Once we had a power outage in the am - we got sent home.

Quote: Originally Posted by With2Ls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone else get an email today about a new polish subscription from Nailtini?
I didn't but I just took a look and it looks interesting. I like the idea that they will send you two empty bottles, along with the 3 nail polish colors, for mixing. I've been interested in doing that!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't but I just took a look and it looks interesting. I like the idea that they will send you two empty bottles, along with the 3 nail polish colors, for mixing. I've been interested in doing that!
Their website lists it as $25 a month, but the email I got is supposed to be a deal (?) at $20/month including free shipping.  The code is TINI4TBC

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If that's true, that would be the dumbest thing ever. Pantone "colour of the year" only available in limited quantities in March maven boxes? Nuh-uh. No way.

They will try to flog this baby at full price as long as they can get away with it.
Someone posted on FB that a CS rep told her that.  Not saying that makes it true, just saying that at least 1 person is claiming to have been told that by Julep.  But yes, that would pretty much be the definition of the dumbest thing ever. 

Someone posted on FB that a CS rep told her that.  Not saying that makes it true, just saying that at least 1 person is claiming to have been told that by Julep.  But yes, that would pretty much be the definition of the dumbest thing ever. 
not even going to try to guess lol. They are so confusing. I really wish they would have really went with the Pantone/ colour forcast (there were 11 colours! It would have been perfect!) instead of a riviera. You like vacations, we get it, julep... I guess I just never got this theme. Some they nail, this one, not so much...

Yikes! I had still been posting in the February thread and wondered where everyone had gone!  
marchmellow.gif
dumb me.

I am just glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed in this month's box.  I was a maven for less than a year and I have gotten polishes from Julep that were far too similar in color and finish for me to bother spending $20 on them.

But not that it matters anyway - after the My Maven cheating debacle, the plie wand that I am completely uninterested in, and the horrendous shipping I've been dealing with from them for months now.. I finally cancelled.

I'll still be checking the pulse on what's going on with them though, since I loved most of their nail polishes - but enough is enough! I can't support a company that is so clearly not in it for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Without a doubt. Let's hope that came from a CS newbie who didn't know what she was talking about.

Quote:Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This had me really curious & I think it's finally safe to ask. What was all the hype for Rae about? Was it because it's a Pantone shade? The silver cap? The add-on price? Somebody enlighten me, I just don't see the appeal.

I think it's because it was called the Pantone color of Spring or whatever. It's a really pretty color, don't get me wrong, but I also think that when they slap a fancy title onto it people just believe it's special and want to have it.

This had me really curious & I think it's finally safe to ask. What was all the hype for Rae about? Was it because it's a Pantone shade? The silver cap? The add-on price? Somebody enlighten me, I just don't see the appeal.
I just like anything purple :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but yeah, I think all of the above.

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really?  I think Rae is a beautiful color.  And I think the rest of the collection is either blah or I already have colors just like them.

I just think it's a beautiful color that will look great with my skin tone, and I don't have anything like it in my stash.  I have to admit the 'color of the year' hype does get me a little extra interested as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that it's a pretty color, I don't have anything like it in my collection, and it's well priced as an add-on. Obviously, taste is subjective, and what some find to be appealing others do not. Nothing wrong with that.  

Yay! I'm excited, I just checked up on the tracking for my Julep order from a little more than a week ago. Today was my original estimated arrival date, but it got pushed back to March 4-5. But according to the tracking it was delivered today after all! It will be waiting for me when I get home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now if 4pm can just hurry on up and get here...

I think Rae is a pretty color unlike anything I already own. And $5 is a good price. I couldn't care less about the color of the year statement.

I went ahead and ordered essie - splash of grenadine from amazon.. and then another 10 polishes I found lol I've definitely accounted for not taking my box this month! I had zero essie polishes in my collection though, since the one I used to have was "borrowed" and never returned, so I feel justified? 

Has anyone's box been billed/shipped yet? I had a bank mishap and my box is still listed as pending, so I wanted to see if it was just me, or if anyone else was still waiting, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone's box been billed/shipped yet? I had a bank mishap and my box is still listed as pending, so I wanted to see if it was just me, or if anyone else was still waiting, too.

Mine was charged to my credit card today, but my order status is "pending" so I assume it has not shipped yet.

Latest posts

Back