(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think the problem is that you can't change anything if you already have an addon that is currently sold out.

Earlier, Rae was available and I tried to add it, but since I already have Tania .. which was sold out at that point .. they wouldn't let me add Rae.

Now, at least, I was able to change the lip gloss color since Tania is currently available ... they also refused to do that while it was sold out.

The only thing you can do is to throw out all the sold out add ons in order to change something .. but then of course it's unlikely you'll be able to add them again.

Extremely crappy programming behind it if you ask me!
Agreed.  Monaco is sold out and I'm not giving that one up.  I think I'll just get the Essie Splash of Grenadine instead, which I can get on eBay for 6 with shipping.  It looks close enough!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Rae is back in stock, hurry go!!
Awe sold out already - Darn!  Thanks for the heads up though!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Awe sold out already - Darn!  Thanks for the heads up though!
OMG insane!! Everything was actually showing in stock.  I added it on.  I have a feeling a lot of stuff will get dumped today when people want to change their boxes and can't (due to OOS items) so they get frustrated and skip.

OMG insane!! Everything was actually showing in stock.  I added it on.  I have a feeling a lot of stuff will get dumped today when people want to change their boxes and can't (due to OOS items) so they get frustrated and skip.
Awe you're lucky you got it!  I keep checking every once in a while today.  Today I did have an option to add it and did, but then it sent me a confirmation with the amount of 0 instead of 1.  So not sure why it just won't let me add it!

Awe you're lucky you got it!  I keep checking every once in a while today.  Today I did have an option to add it and did, but then it sent me a confirmation with the amount of 0 instead of 1.  So not sure why it just won't let me add it!
Oh great, I just checked my confirmation email and it says Rae, quantity 1 and Tania, quantity 0 so somehow it dumped it out even thought it was showing when I edited my box and everything was back in stock!   I only decided I wanted Rae after I saw all the hype but Tania was the only color I was really excited about.  I foresee major problems with fulfilling orders if this happened to other mavens!

ETA: in my maven box selections Tania is still showing, but it says quantity of 0 there too.  Sounds like the website is really glitching today.

Just managed to add Rae as everything is currently available.
Check your confirmation for the quantities! I just did it again too and now it says Tania- quantity 1 and Rae- quantity 0 even though they both show in my monthly selections.

Whatever, they are dumb.  I emailed and sent a FB message and I can tell that they read the FB message an hour ago but no reply yet.   I will be SHOCKED if they don't send out emails re: lack of inventory this month because of the glitches.

Just managed to add Rae as everything is currently available.
Rae and Monaco are gone again. Was hoping to change one of my add ons, but because I already had Rae I can't. Oh well I've decided on Boho Glam box, with Rae, Tania, and Lizanne added on. This will be my third box in a row, so with my free polish code I plan on getting Soraphine, and grabbing Lilou, Monaco, and probably Margaret down the road. I would just upgrade to the whole collection, even if there are a few I don't want, but don't really have the money to do so now. I'll just get the colors later, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be in the secret shop on sale, or later in Savvy Deals.

Or even better, use the Zoya Ipsy deal to grab some similar colors...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh great, I just checked my confirmation email and it says Rae, quantity 1 and Tania, quantity 0 so somehow it dumped it out even thought it was showing when I edited my box and everything was back in stock!   I only decided I wanted Rae after I saw all the hype but Tania was the only color I was really excited about.  I foresee major problems with fulfilling orders if this happened to other mavens!

ETA: in my maven box selections Tania is still showing, but it says quantity of 0 there too.  Sounds like the website is really glitching today.
That's exactly what happened to me!

I might try calling again to see if they can manually add Rae for me.  It's so weird that their phone lines were down earlier.  There was a recording to leave a message and someone would call back, but I don't really trust that.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok I know they are getting rid of the free polish code for taking three boxes, but someone posted that that may not happen until April according to Juleps Facebook reply. I emailed them on Friday but have not heard back. March would only be my second month in a row, but I would be willing to take it if it meant I could still get a free polish code after taking April. I wish I knew!!!!! If they don't email me back by tomorrow, I may have to call them. Although, I don't know what to believe anymore....
OFFICIALLY heard back from Julep today that the free polish code will be no more after this month. I was hoping with a glimmer of hope that the rumor about extending it thru April was true but no. "Stay tuned in the future!" What does that mean? FOR ME, it means I am skipping. 

Nell Martin (Julep)

Feb 24 01:59 PM

Hi Vania,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The free polish offer is still available if the March box is your third box in a row. However, this promotion will not be active after this box. We are always improving and adding new promotions to Julep Maven. Stay tuned in the future!

Thank you for being a Julep Maven. Please always feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions on this or if there is anything else we can do to assist you. Until then, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Maven Experience Team

That's exactly what happened to me!

I might try calling again to see if they can manually add Rae for me.  It's so weird that their phone lines were down earlier.  There was a recording to leave a message and someone would call back, but I don't really trust that.
Yeah, it's like HEELLLLLOOO...if you are going to take away all of our cool crap that we like, than you should at least be organized and have your ish together. 

I think Zoya Perrie looks very similar, just a touch more purple

(from http://cilucia.blogspot.com/2011/05/zoya-perrie.html)

I think I'm going to give up on Rae and use the Zoya Ipsy code to get a bunch of polishes I've been wanting.  Mainly the entire Naturel Collection, Cole, Perrie, and Wednesday.  It will be $59 with shipping for 9 bottles, which is $6.50 a bottle.  That seems like a good price for Zoya seeing as their formula is great and their bottles are just under twice the size of Julep's (.5 oz vs .27).  I just don't see any similar colors in Zoya to my current Maven selections, so I'll just stick with what I have there.

Oh great, I just checked my confirmation email and it says Rae, quantity 1 and Tania, quantity 0 so somehow it dumped it out even thought it was showing when I edited my box and everything was back in stock!   I only decided I wanted Rae after I saw all the hype but Tania was the only color I was really excited about.  I foresee major problems with fulfilling orders if this happened to other mavens! ETA: in my maven box selections Tania is still showing, but it says quantity of 0 there too.  Sounds like the website is really glitching today.
Same thing happened to me last month when I added Greta. It said quantity 0 in the confirmation. On 1/27 I got charged $24.99 & I received Greta with my maven box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Rae and Monaco are gone again. Was hoping to change one of my add ons, but because I already had Rae I can't. Oh well I've decided on Boho Glam box, with Rae, Tania, and Lizanne added on. This will be my third box in a row, so with my free polish code I plan on getting Soraphine, and grabbing Lilou, Monaco, and probably Margaret down the road. I would just upgrade to the whole collection, even if there are a few I don't want, but don't really have the money to do so now. I'll just get the colors later, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be in the secret shop on sale, or later in Savvy Deals.

Or even better, use the Zoya Ipsy deal to grab some similar colors...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

If you *really* want to change it, you can call CS and they'll do it for you manually. I decided to add on Elisa but it wouldn't let me b/c Rae was already selected. I called and they did it for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just called CS.  Monaco and Tania are back in stock.  She confirmed that Rae is "really sold out".  She was able to take Soraphine off for me - I decided to get a sheer white from Zoya instead, but because Monaco was sold out it wouldn't let me take it off myself.

Same thing happened to me last month when I added Greta. It said quantity 0 in the confirmation. On 1/27 I got charged $24.99 & I received Greta with my maven box.
I just called CS.  Monaco and Tania are back in stock.  She confirmed that Rae is "really sold out".  She was able to take Soraphine off for me - I decided to get a sheer white from Zoya instead, but because Monaco was sold out it wouldn't let me take it off myself.
Strange. Ill just leave it and see what happens. My selection currently has Rae but quantity 0.

Ooook so I saw Rae was back in stock but it wouldn't let me add because Monaco and Tania were still sold out.  So I called CS again and she said that she could add it to my order "on the back end" but there's a chance it might not get fulfilled and then I would get refunded.  So I guess we will see!  If I don't get it then I will get Zoya Perrie and be happy either way :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My quantities showed 1 for both rae and tania ... online and in the email. CS also confirmed that I'll get both and will be billed accordingly. So, I'm happy. But they should really fix this!!!

LOL I think everyone was calling them at the same time. I was put on hold for several minutes when I called right before they closed to change my order AGAIN.

Final choices? Polish upgrade, Tania, Rae, Swatch Me stickers. We'll see how these all look in real life.

Latest posts

Back