(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ashleygo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I am in the market for a lip scrub, any idea if this is a good lip scrub? I haven't used any Julep lip products so I have no idea if I should spend my money on these or try and get a lip scrub somewhere else.
I really like the popcorn lip scrub by Lush. It's pretty amazing. Smells divine too.. like salted caramel popcorn.. yum!

Thats the one  I use, I love it.

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not only that, you get twice as much polish for $5 less, but you don't get to pick the colors.

I'm tentatively going It Girl adding on Rae and Harriet. I'll prolly waffle for a bit then change my mind and skip.

This.  Only one color is calling to me from each box or the colors are close to a dupe of something i already have.  I wish they'd offered the pantone colors in a box on their own.  Plus... I reeeeeeheheheheeeeaaaaallly don't need ANOTHER lip gloss.

iagree.gif
 I don't need more lip gloss and the colors I like are add-ons or in separate boxes. Julep is making it really hard for me to take a box this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This month was an EASY skip for me.  Those colors just aren't for me.  I can't wait to see this months birthstone polish, my oldest daughter is a march baby and I will definitely be buying it.
The March birthstone polish is the only reason im thinking of taking a box.  I want access to the secret store so I can get it with the bemine code.

Quote:Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The March birthstone polish is the only reason im thinking of taking a box.  I want access to the secret store so I can get it with the bemine code.

Will that code still be valid by then? I'm def using it if so!

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I have enough Jules for a free box -- and this would be my third month in a row. From experience, has anyone got the free polish coupon after using Jules for the third box? Wanted to check before I pulled the trigger on the Jules.
Yes I got the free polish coupon after using Jules for my 3rd box.  I had to email them twice about it to finally get my code though.  I don't think it had to do w/using Jules though, I just don't receive any emails from Julep unless it's the Maven preview & confirmation of my Maven box.

Me too, I used to get regular emails from them and I emailed a few times trying to get their regular emails again and nothing.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too, I used to get regular emails from them and I emailed a few times trying to get their regular emails again and nothing.
It's so frustrating.  I had complained & they told me to add their email to my address book and that fixed the problem for about 2 weeks and then nothing for me too.  I guess they don't care that customers want to get their emails and buy their product. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok...I chose Boho Glam (my typical profile) with Tania, Rae (very dupeable, but I may gift it to someone, it's pretty), and Monaco. I really wanted to get Harriet, so that's why I chose Boho Glam, but I'm not thrilled with Elisa at all. I feel like I already have a few Juleps that are that color and probably several from other brands too.
That's the only box that remotely called my attention, still not sure if  I should take a box or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Julep's color decisions are being held back by their preconceived categories. Having "Classic with a Twist", "Bombshell", and so on makes it so they have to come up with a collection that can be squeezed into each of these profiles. Instead, they could just be creating any colors they wanted.

And they don't even do interesting stuff for It Girl. I think an even bigger issue is their scope: Nine new colors for the collection plus a special add-on only color plus the birthstone collection this year *plus* whatever other random shades they decide to toss into the mix EVERY SINGLE MONTH? They're stretching things *way* too thin.
iagree.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just stumbled across these & thought I'd share! (will post as a spoiler for the sake of others not wanting to scroll through tons of photos against their will haha)

Boho Glam

Bombshell

Classic With A Twist

It Girl

Rae w/ Monaco (Color of the Year w/ Color of Spring 2014)

Tania w/ BG's Elisa

Tania w/ Bombshell's Monaco

Tania w/ CwaT's Soraphine

Tania w/ IG's Lizanne

I'm definitely excited about getting It Girl now! What do you think ladies?

& are my eyes broken or does Elisa have almost no shimmer in it? Even though it's supposed to be a "soft wisteria shimmer?"

Looks pretty sad when compared to Lizanne.

Not seeing the shimmer either. It looks like a creme to me. I also see a hot mess of Photoshopping going on (as usual), so it's hard to see the actual finishes of the polish versus what the descriptions say they should be.

I went ahead and skipped this month.  Nothing was really calling to me so I'd rather take that $20 and go buy a couple of indie polishes. I'll use a discount code down the line to get the March birthstone polish.  I don't need to access the secret store to see what it looks like.  I'm sure SOMEONE will post a picture here.  *winkwinknudgenudge*  
patches.gif

I finally decided to skip. The only color I really really wanted was Rae. I grabbed a Pantone radiant orchid color card from Lowes and comparing it to Julep swatches, Rae looks right on. I took a look at my collection though, and I do have a dupe from Lancôme called violette coquette so that helped me feel like I'm not really missing out.

I changed to It Girl with Monaco, Tania, and Soraphine added on.  I'm happy I looked at the Julep site when Monaco wasn't out of stock as an add on, that color looks so bright and fun.  Tania looks pretty in those swatches over other colors.  Soraphine is a very basic color, just sheer white, but I actually don't have a sheer white in my collection.  I really really want Rae.  A few times it has shown as not sold out and I tried to add it but then it didn't add.  I wonder if I call if they can add it for me or not.  Anyone know of a good dupe for it?

I have a code for Julep I'm not going to use.  It was included in my first order.  It's for 50% off basically any non-sale items and expires 2/28.  First one to inbox me gets it!

EDIT - Code is taken!

Quote:Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I changed to It Girl with Monaco, Tania, and Soraphine added on.  I'm happy I looked at the Julep site when Monaco wasn't out of stock as an add on, that color looks so bright and fun.  Tania looks pretty in those swatches over other colors.  Soraphine is a very basic color, just sheer white, but I actually don't have a sheer white in my collection.  I really really want Rae.  A few times it has shown as not sold out and I tried to add it but then it didn't add.  I wonder if I call if they can add it for me or not.  Anyone know of a good dupe for it?

You can only choose 3 add-ons.. Maybe it wouldn't work b/c you already have three? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@prettylights -- Did you see this comment: Quote:Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally decided to skip. The only color I really really wanted was Rae. I grabbed a Pantone radiant orchid color card from Lowes and comparing it to Julep swatches, Rae looks right on. I took a look at my collection though, and I do have a dupe from Lancôme called violette coquette so that helped me feel like I'm not really missing out.

Try Essie's Splash Of Grenadine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@prettylights -- Did you see this comment:
  Quote: Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I saw that, but Lancome is expensive.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can only choose 3 add-ons.. Maybe it wouldn't work b/c you already have three?
frown.gif
I took Soraphine off before I tried to add Rae and it still would not work, so not sure what's going on with that.  I tried to call Julep CS and their phone lines are down apparently.

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try Essie's Splash Of Grenadine.
smile.gif

Thank you - from doing a Google search that looks dead on, and less expensive than the Lancome polish!

I think the problem is that you can't change anything if you already have an addon that is currently sold out.

Earlier, Rae was available and I tried to add it, but since I already have Tania .. which was sold out at that point .. they wouldn't let me add Rae.

Now, at least, I was able to change the lip gloss color since Tania is currently available ... they also refused to do that while it was sold out.

The only thing you can do is to throw out all the sold out add ons in order to change something .. but then of course it's unlikely you'll be able to add them again.

Extremely crappy programming behind it if you ask me!

Latest posts

Back