(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugg will i regret not getting the lip duo????? $20 more i can't decide!  i have dry lips do these products really work?  i hate chapstick....

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I own Why Yellow There... from Sephora By OPI. I picked it up about a year ago in the clearance section of Sephora. I'm pale with pink tones too, & needless to say this is 1 of my favorite yellows. It's incredibly flattering & for some reason it reminds me a yellow mixed with vanilla. The formula kicks ass too. Not gross & streaky like most yellows--goes on evenly & opaque in 2 coats.

I know this is a little bit lighter than Lilou but it should still look okay on you nonetheless. & the Julep swatches are always deceiving haha so it may be a little more subdued in person.

Photo creds go to hotpinkaurora.blogspot.com
That looks great on you!  I feel much better about my decision now, thank you!

Wow?? No 3rd box code,so now I'm definitely skipping! I've been trying to talk myself into liking the boxes enough to choose one since this would be my 3rd box in a row. Thanks to Julep, $20 saved!

Quote: Originally Posted by Classynfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow?? No 3rd box code,so now I'm definitely skipping! I've been trying to talk myself into liking the boxes enough to choose one since this would be my 3rd box in a row. Thanks to Julep, $20 saved!
You might want to go back and pick one if you really wanted that free polish code.  It is my understanding that they are indeed still sending the codes out this time around if this is your third box in a row.  They *will be* discontinuing the program, but not until after this round, and maybe not until after the April boxes.  I'm not sure we have a definite date, but we have several people who have been assured by Julep that they *will* get a code for a free polish since this will be their third box in a row.

That looks great on you!  I feel much better about my decision now, thank you!
Oh haha this isn't me. It's a swatch I Googled for reference; the actual person in the photo is credited underneath. But in either case, you're very welcome! Glad I could help. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really like the popcorn lip scrub by Lush. It's pretty amazing. Smells divine too.. like salted caramel popcorn.. yum!

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleygo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I am in the market for a lip scrub, any idea if this is a good lip scrub? I haven't used any Julep lip products so I have no idea if I should spend my money on these or try and get a lip scrub somewhere else.

I really like the Sara Happ lip scrubs. They're kind of expensive, though.  Temptalia.com has reviewed some scrubs that she bought on Etsy and liked, also.  I'll probably buy one of those when my Sara Happ is gone.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if they have "something else up their sleeve planned," they need to roll that out *at the same time* they take the incentives away.  A simultaneous discontinuation and launch makes it feel like they're *replacing* the old incentive, not just taking it away and *maybe* making it worth sticking around at some undefined future date.  Right now, it feels like having benefits and perks cut at work:  Once a company starts chipping away at, say, your paid time off allowances or your health benefits, they never, *ever* replace it with something better.  
  This, exactly.  I want them to replace the incentives they've taken away with something as good as or better.  The new caps coming in May do not interest me at all.  I'm especially frustrated by the whole crowd-sourcing thing.  Julep: why are you crowd-sourcing $200,000 when investors just poured in $10 million?!

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2020449265_julepfundingxml.html

I'll stick around at least one more month (the April box).  That will be three months in a row getting a box, so I'll have "earned" a skip.  I'll also have enough Jules for a free box; that's if they keep crediting me incorrectly with 750 jules instead of 300 jules (I've never upgraded, but I'm not going to point that out to them.) April is also my birthday, so another 100 jules there.

I could cancel my Maven membership and just use codes to buy colors that I want at prices lower than the monthly box.  Grr!

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bah, I remembered that the March polish will debut in the secret store so I went and unskipped.

Gah, don't tell me these things! Lol

Bah, I remembered that the March polish will debut in the secret store so I went and unskipped.
It's going to be available to everyone once the Secret Store closes.  Why spend $20 just to access a nail polish 3 days early?

Thank you for talking sense. Skipped!
No problem.  I am planning to do the same thing.

Man I'm bummed right now... I complained on here the other day that my order was showing an estimated 11 days for delivery, which I thought was really long, but now I just checked my tracking and it's been pushed back to March 4 or 5! I don't like the way the tracking isn't showing me the route either, so I have no clue what's going on to make it take so darn long :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Am I wrong in thinking that 16-17 days for delivery is ridiculous?

Man I'm bummed right now... I complained on here the other day that my order was showing an estimated 11 days for delivery, which I thought was really long, but now I just checked my tracking and it's been pushed back to March 4 or 5! I don't like the way the tracking isn't showing me the route either, so I have no clue what's going on to make it take so darn long :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Am I wrong in thinking that 16-17 days for delivery is ridiculous?
I'm in NJ and it routinely takes 14 days from the day they are shipped for orders to reach me when they are shipped from Seattle since they started shipping DHL. It might be 18-19 from the day I order. Used to take 4-5 mail days. DHL is the pits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man I'm bummed right now... I complained on here the other day that my order was showing an estimated 11 days for delivery, which I thought was really long, but now I just checked my tracking and it's been pushed back to March 4 or 5! I don't like the way the tracking isn't showing me the route either, so I have no clue what's going on to make it take so darn long 
frown.gif
 Am I wrong in thinking that 16-17 days for delivery is ridiculous?
Quote:

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in NJ and it routinely takes 14 days from the day they are shipped for orders to reach me when they are shipped from Seattle since they started shipping DHL. It might be 18-19 from the day I order. Used to take 4-5 mail days. DHL is the pits.
I'm lucky enough to live on the west coast, and it will usually show my orders will delivered a few days later than in actuality. Right now my order is at 12 business days though. It's pretty ridiculous when at time of order it lists 5-10 days. Even if it's just counting business days, it shouldn't take that long. I don't know how many times I've ordered something and it will sit at some DHL center for days.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man I'm bummed right now... I complained on here the other day that my order was showing an estimated 11 days for delivery, which I thought was really long, but now I just checked my tracking and it's been pushed back to March 4 or 5! I don't like the way the tracking isn't showing me the route either, so I have no clue what's going on to make it take so darn long
frown.gif

I feel the same way! You are definitely not wrong. I used to get my boxes within 3-4 days of them being shipped. Now, I am still waiting on my February mystery boxes and it has been two weeks! It says they will arrive Monday, but I'm no longer even excited after seeing the spoilers 
icon_cry.gif
 But I with they wouldn't use DHL. I hate to be a complainer but this takes away one of the reasons I chose Julep.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif
I just had a Julep order arrive 21 days after I ordered it.  I was not impressed.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  REALLY??!?!??! Ugggh I just skipped my month. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH BEFORE THE 24th!!!
banghead.gif
 I just emailed them directly. I hope I get a response before the 24th. I will definitely post the reply when and if I get it. 
Ok I know they are getting rid of the free polish code for taking three boxes, but someone posted that that may not happen until April according to Juleps Facebook reply. I emailed them on Friday but have not heard back. March would only be my second month in a row, but I would be willing to take it if it meant I could still get a free polish code after taking April. I wish I knew!!!!! If they don't email me back by tomorrow, I may have to call them. Although, I don't know what to believe anymore....

Just stumbled across these & thought I'd share! (will post as a spoiler for the sake of others not wanting to scroll through tons of photos against their will haha)

Boho Glam

Bombshell

Classic With A Twist

It Girl

Rae w/ Monaco (Color of the Year w/ Color of Spring 2014)

Tania w/ BG's Elisa

Tania w/ Bombshell's Monaco

Tania w/ CwaT's Soraphine

Tania w/ IG's Lizanne

I'm definitely excited about getting It Girl now! What do you think ladies?

& are my eyes broken or does Elisa have almost no shimmer in it? Even though it's supposed to be a "soft wisteria shimmer?"

Looks pretty sad when compared to Lizanne.

Quote:Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, Elisa looks just like Simone which is why I wanted it.  I'm almost out of Simone which is probably my most used Julep.  I agree not very different or special, but at least they are colors I will like.
icon_neutral.gif

I guess Rae is already sold out, so if you selected it and you're waffleing don't take it out until you're sure. 

I saw on the MySubscriptionAddiction.com swap site this morning that someone has a brand new bottle of Simone up for trade. Just FYI since you like it so much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back