(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so frustrating.  I had complained & they told me to add their email to my address book and that fixed the problem for about 2 weeks and then nothing for me too.  I guess they don't care that customers want to get their emails and buy their product.  :rolleyes:
Check your email settings and make sure you add all the different Julep "from" addressees to your contact list. There are a few different ones ([email protected] for example). And check your safe senders list to make sure all those addresses are on there. Beyond that, it's all on Julep. They have had sender issues in the past and several of us on here were affected. I just don't think they are staffed appropriately to seriously investigate the issue. Which makes sense - they are a small business and they use cheap email software.

Ahhhh so I wanted to use Jules on my order and the CS agent did not apply my Jules to the order, but they were applied before I called.  And now I can't change it myself because all 3 of my add-ons (Monaco, Tania, and Rae) are sold out.  This system is really frustrating!  Their CS agents must be pulling their hair out by the end of the day!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The March birthstone polish is the only reason im thinking of taking a box.  I want access to the secret store so I can get it with the bemine code.

Will that code still be valid by then? I'm def using it if so! If im not mistaken the code expires on the 1st. I keep going back and forth on skipping because of that.

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too, I used to get regular emails from them and I emailed a few times trying to get their regular emails again and nothing.
It's so frustrating.  I had complained & they told me to add their email to my address book and that fixed the problem for about 2 weeks and then nothing for me too.  I guess they don't care that customers want to get their emails and buy their product. 
rolleyes.gif

I agree! I got an email a few months ago asking if I was getting their emails I told them I wasn't but they just said they were working on it.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok I know they are getting rid of the free polish code for taking three boxes, but someone posted that that may not happen until April according to Juleps Facebook reply. I emailed them on Friday but have not heard back. March would only be my second month in a row, but I would be willing to take it if it meant I could still get a free polish code after taking April. I wish I knew!!!!! If they don't email me back by tomorrow, I may have to call them. Although, I don't know what to believe anymore....
OFFICIALLY heard back from Julep today that the free polish code will be no more after this month. I was hoping with a glimmer of hope that the rumor about extending it thru April was true but no. "Stay tuned in the future!" What does that mean? FOR ME, it means I am skipping. 

Nell Martin (Julep)

Feb 24 01:59 PM

Hi Vania,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The free polish offer is still available if the March box is your third box in a row. However, this promotion will not be active after this box. We are always improving and adding new promotions to Julep Maven. Stay tuned in the future!

Thank you for being a Julep Maven. Please always feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions on this or if there is anything else we can do to assist you. Until then, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Maven Experience Team

Thanks for posting, looks like im skipping. I signed up with Square Hue because they have a 25% off going on, that should fill the nail polish void in my heart.

Thanks for posting, looks like im skipping. I signed up with Square Hue because they have a 25% off going on, that should fill the nail polish void in my heart.
25% off!? I had decided to skip Julep this month, but now it looks like I'm going to be getting new polishes in March anyway! 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lorez88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
25% off!? I had decided to skip Julep this month, but now it looks like I'm going to be getting new polishes in March anyway! 
biggrin.gif

If you sign up for their emails they send you a code for the 25% off.

I got a response to my email to customer service and they said that I will be receiving both Rae and Tania (Rae says 0).  I'm starting to think all the 'sold-out' business is just to generate a buzz and that they probably have a whole truckload full of them.  Anyone remember when the Champagne trio came out? They said oh, it will never be this price again, buy now!  Then like days later it was $10 for the set and now all the colors are in savvy deals.

Oh well, I'm happy with what's coming and now I just have to decide what I'm going to use my free polish code on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a response to my email to customer service and they said that I will be receiving both Rae and Tania (Rae says 0).  I'm starting to think all the 'sold-out' business is just to generate a buzz and that they probably have a whole truckload full of them.  Anyone remember when the Champagne trio came out? They said oh, it will never be this price again, buy now!  Then like days later it was $10 for the set and now all the colors are in savvy deals.

Oh well, I'm happy with what's coming and now I just have to decide what I'm going to use my free polish code on.
I agree & I'm not complaining because I didn't take a box and I still want Rae and probably Tania.

Right now the whole collection says "out of stock" but yet, "coming soon!".  In my mind, don't put "coming soon!" if it's not.  

Hello! New member here , I've been lurking for a little though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been a maven for close to 2 years now, and I feel like I'm gradually losing interest. I've been skipping more and mor, though I did take the upgrade last month (I had the Jules....) Personally, all these dumb moves are annoying me. $3 polishes on sale 24/7, loss of skips, those ugly plié wands and taking away other features. The list just goes on. Plus the colours are getting really old. And what annoys me is that they know what we like! They even make it! They just turn it into an addon. I'm like seriously? EVERYONE is going crazy over colours like Tania and Rae, why can't they go into our boxes? But no, they take at least $25 bucks to get. Same with other colours. Casper, Etta and Gianna are all favourites of mine. They were also all featured addons:eusa_wall: it's getting really annoying, and I'm not buying a box so I can buy something else that I Do actually like.... Greedy much julep? You need a major overhaul at this point. Sorry folks lol, my rant is over.

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello! New member here , I've been lurking for a little though
biggrin.gif

I've been a maven for close to 2 years now, and I feel like I'm gradually losing interest. I've been skipping more and mor, though I did take the upgrade last month (I had the Jules....)
Personally, all these dumb moves are annoying me. $3 polishes on sale 24/7, loss of skips, those ugly plié wands and taking away other features. The list just goes on. Plus the colours are getting really old. And what annoys me is that they know what we like! They even make it! They just turn it into an addon. I'm like seriously? EVERYONE is going crazy over colours like Tania and Rae, why can't they go into our boxes? But no, they take at least $25 bucks to get. Same with other colours. Casper, Etta and Gianna are all favourites of mine. They were also all featured addons:eusa_wall: it's getting really annoying, and I'm not buying a box so I can buy something else that I Do actually like....
Greedy much julep? You need a major overhaul at this point.

Sorry folks lol, my rant is over.
I'm a newer Julep member (I joined and then was in that two weeks of subscribers who can't-skip window, which sucks) and I already am seeing what you're talking about.  I really wanted Monaco and Rae but both were sold out by the time I got to the landing page.  I would have had to take the box with Monaco to get it and in the process get LiLou, which I was just not interested in.  

Rae was sold out the whole time basically and the few times it wasn't I couldn't add it because I had a sold-out add on already (Tania).

I had to call customer service twice just to get my add-ons adjusted to what I wanted.

And even though Rae shows up now in my order (after CS added it for me themselves) I still am not guaranteed to get it and they will charge me for it NOW and refund my money later if there is no stock.  And then the CS agent did not add on my Jules for one of the bottles free, which was on my order the whole time, and by the time I noticed it was too late to do it myself.

If I'm going to spend $20-$35 on nail polish per month I would like the option to get what I actually want instead of them telling me what I can and can't buy.  I do understand that it is a subscription service, but if they wanted to send out random things they could make a random subscription. 

Basically I think they should let you pick whatever two colors you want for your own box (and then the beauty product or third polish) so you can make sure you don't get dupes/colors you don't want.  I also think if they are offering a polish as an add-on they should make sure they have enough stock for the demand instead of putting us through this annoying can/can't add things process.

I am unsure of my future with Julep right now.  I do like their polish and colors and it's fun looking over the swatches and picking a box every month.  But if it's like this every single month where it's so hard to get the polishes I actually want then I will probably cancel and just get their stuff on sale or eBay.  Plus they started off on the wrong foot with me, since I thought I could skip when I wanted when I joined and then suddenly two weeks later I couldn't.  It sucks knowing you HAVE TO take a box and lose any Jules you accumulated or just completely cancel your account.

End Rant.

Exactly! The only reason I'm still a maven is for my remaining Jules (approx. 1700), the free shipping and the ability to skip. Julep has just been going downhill. They need to stop all these $3 for everyone!!!! sales and bring back incentives so people actually take there box instead of getting 4x the stuff from the sales + a coupon, or just shop somewhere else entirely. This includes creating something to replace the free polish, and well curated boxes with NEW colours. Not just colours with new names. There are already a ton of light purples, yellows, etc. We know they can do glow in the darks, textures, mattes, holos, duochromes, flakies, chunky glitters, metallics and so much more. They need to mix it up more. And they are enough profile types to create 'safe' boxes as well as crazy ones so everyone can have something to crave. Making people not want to skip is probably more effective then forcing them to buy. We all know about flys and vinegar... And while they're at it, they can overhaul the mystery boxes, because they are clearly not working as is. They were so tempting before, and the recent ones were a disappointment and did not live up to claims. I bought only the addon, and while I have yet to receive it, it's pretty disappointing. We were promised $40+ in product and I can currently purchase all 3 colours for $17-something. They are going to get an email when I receive it, because that is not even close... It's sad, because I can SOO see the potential, but it's not happening. I love the idea of getting high quality colours, some I love and some I may have never thought of wearing, for a discounted price. They need to remember their goal of being a popular high-end brand, and not a cheap disposable fashion brand that people wear once because it's cheap and crappy and and matches their dress. Whoever compared them to a lover was SPOT ON.

Quote: Originally Posted by lorez88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you sign up for their emails they send you a code for the 25% off.
Yay! Just ordered a box, thanks!!!
smile.gif
Youre welcome! Glad to be an enabler.

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello! New member here , I've been lurking for a little though
biggrin.gif

I've been a maven for close to 2 years now, and I feel like I'm gradually losing interest. I've been skipping more and mor, though I did take the upgrade last month (I had the Jules....)
Personally, all these dumb moves are annoying me. $3 polishes on sale 24/7, loss of skips, those ugly plié wands and taking away other features. The list just goes on. Plus the colours are getting really old. And what annoys me is that they know what we like! They even make it! They just turn it into an addon. I'm like seriously? EVERYONE is going crazy over colours like Tania and Rae, why can't they go into our boxes? But no, they take at least $25 bucks to get. Same with other colours. Casper, Etta and Gianna are all favourites of mine. They were also all featured addons:eusa_wall: it's getting really annoying, and I'm not buying a box so I can buy something else that I Do actually like....
Greedy much julep? You need a major overhaul at this point.

Sorry folks lol, my rant is over.
Welcome, I agree 100% Julep is not making it fun to be a maven anymore.

Right now the whole collection says "out of stock" but yet, "coming soon!".  In my mind, don't put "coming soon!" if it's not.  
What do you mean? The maven box contents come out for the public at the beginning of each month. With the exception of the cuticle pusher from the January collection ( -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), they finish completing the maven orders & then stock up for everybody else.
It's sad, because I can SOO see the potential, but it's not happening. I love the idea of getting high quality colours, some I love and some I may have never thought of wearing, for a discounted price. They need to remember their goal of being a popular high-end brand, and not a cheap disposable fashion brand that people wear once because it's cheap and crappy and and matches their dress. Whoever compared them to a lover was SPOT ON.
That was me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Haha thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do you mean? The maven box contents come out for the public at the beginning of each month. With the exception of the cuticle pusher from the January collection ( -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), they finish completing the maven orders & then stock up for everybody else.
That was me!
biggrin.gif
Haha thank you!
Sorry, I was referring to Rae only, since there have been rumors that it will not be available after the Maven boxes come out.

I hope this is not true though. 
eusa_pray.gif

My mom forgot to skip and has no idea what her profile setting was set to.  Should be interesting to see what she receives!
icon_eek.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, I was referring to Rae only, since there have been rumors that it will not be available after the Maven boxes come out.

eusa_pray.gif

Haha I love that emoticon! I luckily snagged Rae during one of the several times it was back in stock for an hour... But I didn't get Tania and I'm regretting that now! Hopefully I can get it in trade or with a coupon later. (I never ever ever pay full price for polish, it's like a rule haha)

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eusa_pray.gif

If that's true, that would be the dumbest thing ever. Pantone "colour of the year" only available in limited quantities in March maven boxes? Nuh-uh. No way.

They will try to flog this baby at full price as long as they can get away with it.

Latest posts

Back