(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was scrolling through a blog post on BellaSugar today of the best Spring shades, and I saw this Julep color in the list.  It's not in the regular March collection, it wasn't an Add On, and I can't find it in the store...maybe it's going to be in the Secret Store? 

It seems too light to be the March Aquamarine shade, but you never know!  This color is called Shannon.     

http://www.bellasugar.com/New-Nail-Polish-Spring-2014-34084558

For comparison, I found a pic of an Aquamarine gemstone:  

THAT POLISH IS GORGEOUS. GET ON MY NAILS RIGHT MEOW, POLISH.

Quote: Originally Posted by Classynfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shannon is definitely green, and not aquamarine. Plus, the cap is black and the rest of the birthstone collection has a gold cap. March is my birthday month...don't mess this one up too, Julep!
I agree, I have been looking for an aquamarine polish for ages.

So the secret store is open! And, there isn't a single thing I want. No birthstone polish, Julep? Come on. I couldn't even get Tania and now...?? Sorry, I just think it's time for me and Julep to break up. Nothing to get excited about anymore...

It's not showing up in the secret store for me either, but someone shared the direct link with me. Aretha, March Birthstone polish: http://www.julep.com/secret-store/aretha.html
Thank you so much for posting. I don't know what I was expecting, but this isn't it. I think I was expecting more color pay off? This looks like a beautiful top coat in the swatch. But, I have one similar. I was hoping for an actual holo glitter like the other months. Thank you again for posting...

Thank you so much for posting. I don't know what I was expecting, but this isn't it. I think I was expecting more color pay off? This looks like a beautiful top coat in the swatch. But, I have one similar....
Yeah I saw the blue and said, "ooooh!" and then looked at the swatch and made a sad trombone noise. It looks exactly like Camille to me.

If the whole store isn't showing up for you, try sorting by newest. A bunch more showed up when I did that, including the Wizard of Oz set for $20.

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's not showing up in the secret store for me either, but someone shared the direct link with me.

Aretha, March Birthstone polish: http://www.julep.com/secret-store/aretha.html

Thanks for sharing the link! I expected March's color to be more... aquamarine. I still love it though so I grabbed it along with Marion and Gwyneth from the sale. 

Well I'm thoroughly annoyed.

I wanted a special aquamarine full coverage glitter for my birthday, but I guess it looks like I'm getting a glitter top coat.

As if I don't have enough of those already. 
eusa_wall.gif

I also wanna point out that there are 4 polishes from the Boudoir collection that made their way into the Secret Store. Not sure if that's good that they're discounting recent polishes so quickly now...

Shannon is definitely green, and not aquamarine. Plus, the cap is black and the rest of the birthstone collection has a gold cap. March is my birthday month...don't mess this one up too, Julep!
Good point - forgot about the caps being gold for the birthstone collection. Maybe it will be in the March mystery box.

I'm weirdly excited about Mauve-ulous. I think it's so lovely!! The glitter will perfectly accent the creme... And I think the aquamarine glitter topcoat for March is really pretty. Other than that I don't see anything else I want though. I have tried a bunch of different codes and can't seem to get any further discount... Are most codes invalid for the secret store? I am being wishy washy right now on whether to spend the money when I JUST ordered a bunch of stuff 2 weeks ago and my maven box is on the way...... Edit: I was just scrolling back through the pages trying to catch up and saw the swatch of the March birthstone color, and now I might have changed my mind. On bare nails it's barely noticeable :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That is not what I was expecting. I'm a little disappointed now.

Quote:Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I saw the blue and said, "ooooh!" and then looked at the swatch and made a sad trombone noise. It looks exactly like Camille to me.

Oh my gosh they are identical! WTH

Wish I had money because my konjac sponge is way past its prime and I'm running low on the face cleansing oil. Stupid Las Vegas, taking all my money... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree about the aquamarine; it should have been a full coverage polish like the other two. Otherwise it's very pretty.

I know it seems like a lot of people are getting turned off by Julep, so I must be in the minority lol, but I am still dangerously addicted to them :/. Just picked up Aretha, the Wizard of Oz set and the color caddy... Poor wallet...

Yep, and Portia too.

I know it seems like a lot of people are getting turned off by Julep, so I must be in the minority lol, but I am still dangerously addicted to them :/. Just picked up Aretha, the Wizard of Oz set and the color caddy... Poor wallet...
I feel the same way. I was really in to Julep mid-late last year, then after the November box I wasn't really in to anything. I didn't take the December or the January box and didn't order anything - even when I had a free polish code! Then in February I took my box and loved it and have since been on a Julep buying binge! As of right now I am loving the latest colors (I know I am quite alone on that thought). I have my monthly box with 3 add-ons on it's way, an order with maybe 6-8 polishes from the red carpet sets coming, and now I just placed a secret store order for Mae and the set of 4 neutrals. I haven't spent this much at Julep for about 6 months, but lately I am really loving it. I do however feel like the Secret Store prices are higher than they used to be and I was definitely expecting the birth stone polish to be a full coverage glitter. But overall I am still really happy with Julep.

Latest posts

Back