(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well phooey, I'm just disappointed in Aretha. I was so excited after seeing the past two month's birthstone polishes, but March doesn't quite live up to them.
frown.gif
I got it anyways though, because, well it's my birthday month and I just have to! LOL And of course, the Wizard of Oz set! I'm hoping I'll get the polishes before my birthday but probably not, a girl can wish though. ::crosses fingers::

I got Betty and while it is gorgeous, it also didn't last on me at all .. chipped after a few hours. Which is rare for glitters. So, I'm not sure I'll get any more of the birthstone polishes. And Aretha is just not interesting to me .. Tania looks much nicer (at least based on their swatches). It's also a bit weird that they seem to come up with a polish that is very similar to the birthstone each month. Rosa looked a lot like Cameron .. and now Tania and Aretha are kind of similar (not to mention the older dupes).

I think I'll pass this secret store .. though I've always wanted Cleopatra.

I just realized that when my current orders come in I will have exceeded all my space in my current Julep holder. Trying to decide if I should get the color caddy while it is $19.99 in the Secret Store. I think I recall initial reviews not been good but it looks OK from the pics. Does anyone have it and recommend/not recommend it?
I have 2 of the caddies and love them. I definitely recommend them!
Yay so good to hear. I placed my order for one... Now I have another polish holder to fill up ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got Betty and while it is gorgeous, it also didn't last on me at all .. chipped after a few hours. Which is rare for glitters. So, I'm not sure I'll get any more of the birthstone polishes. And Aretha is just not interesting to me .. Tania looks much nicer (at least based on their swatches). It's also a bit weird that they seem to come up with a polish that is very similar to the birthstone each month. Rosa looked a lot like Cameron .. and now Tania and Aretha are kind of similar (not to mention the older dupes).

I think I'll pass this secret store .. though I've always wanted Cleopatra.
Cleopatra is great!  It's such a grown up way to do black without being over the top.  I just love the finish and the formula is amazing - goes on super easy and dries quickly.  It also looks wonderful with a glitter top coat. I paired it with Urban Decay Ziggy (golden top coat packed with multi-colored microglitter) from the winter 2011 collection and got so many compliments for NYE this year.

Seeing the March polish makes me dread the October polish. October is my birthday month, and I was so excited for a full coverage opal glitter. Now I bet it'll be a boring top coat.

Seeing the March polish makes me dread the October polish. October is my birthday month, and I was so excited for a full coverage opal glitter. Now I bet it'll be a boring top coat.
Or it could end up being a pink glitter.

I ended up picking up Aretha and Annmarie with the bemine code, and Margot in the secret shop. Every time I see pictures of Margot I can't help but think how gorgeous it is. 

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's not showing up in the secret store for me either, but someone shared the direct link with me.

Aretha, March Birthstone polish: http://www.julep.com/secret-store/aretha.html

I had so much hope and anticipation for this color now that I see it its like meh... I think Julep could have done better. On the fence about purchasing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well I'm thoroughly annoyed.

I wanted a special aquamarine full coverage glitter for my birthday, but I guess it looks like I'm getting a glitter top coat.

As if I don't have enough of those already. 
eusa_wall.gif

Same here.

I would have ordered something if my free polish code had showed up, but because I had to deal with a credit card issue, I'm thinking I won't get my free polish code until Monday at least. If it shows up and the Wizard of Oz collection is still in stock, I might try to use it with that. Or use it to grab Aretha.

I snagged the Wizard of Oz set, plus the mauvelous duo, and the electric days duo. It's a best of all categories for me - pastels, neons and jewel tones. I can't even remember what is in my actual maven of that's on its way!

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ended up picking up Aretha and Annmarie with the bemine code, and Margot in the secret shop. Every time I see pictures of Margot I can't help but think how gorgeous it is.

I tried all day long yesterday with different combinations of polishes to use the BEMINE code, and it said invalid every time I tried :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sad.

I tried all day long yesterday with different combinations of polishes to use the BEMINE code, and it said invalid every time I tried :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sad.
I got it to work with one full price polish and a bunch if sale ones in my cart. Came out to $12 and some change for 4 polishes. And then I thought "meh. I probably have dupes for all of those" and closed the window.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried all day long yesterday with different combinations of polishes to use the BEMINE code, and it said invalid every time I tried :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sad.

You should definitely contact them about that. Did you use 2 full priced polishes?

Quote: Originally Posted by acostakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried all day long yesterday with different combinations of polishes to use the BEMINE code, and it said invalid every time I tried
frown.gif

I'm sad.
I got it to work with one full price polish and a bunch if sale ones in my cart. Came out to $12 and some change for 4 polishes. And then I thought "meh. I probably have dupes for all of those" and closed the window. It wouldn't let me do that, only applied the discount to full price ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You should definitely contact them about that. Did you use 2 full priced polishes?

No, I had several sale polishes and one full price. My understanding was that you just had to have at least the total value of a full priced polish in your cart. But, I'm also wondering if that code was one time use per account? Because I think I actually used it at the beginning of the month when we first got them... So it would make sense then that I could not use it again.

As far as I recall, it was allowed only one time per person. So unless you had two separate accounts, you could only use it once...

Latest posts

Back