(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Tania should have been the March birthday polish! Thanks for sharing the swatches; those are awesome!
Me too! I bet you julep mixed up the names (or the cap colour, whatever) and just didn't feel like coming clean. Aretha looks like it could fit in with the march colours and Tania is the prettiest teal glitter, and matches the other birthstones. Julep has mixed up colours before...

Lovely photos! I knew after I started seeing some Instagram photos I would regret not getting the whole collection like I did the last two months. But, I'll just wait for them to go on sale (maybe in 2 months on the secret shop?) and grab them then. Just really didn't have the money to do so this time around.

I feel like Tania should have been the March birthday polish! Thanks for sharing the swatches; those are awesome!
Yeah, my sister thought it was the Aquamarine polish when I opened my maven box. Oh well. You know I'll buy it eventually. : P

Soooo after seeing everyone's swatches, This is now the second time I was unimpressed initially with the collection, and am now regretting not upgrading completely. Boo! I will definitely have to pick up Monaco but the others can wait. I received my box and Rae, Tania, and lizanne are everything I'd hoped they'd be. The modern beauty box was good too. I am obsessed with the conditioning treatment. My lips are so chapped and I had a pretty serious split and it's really helping to soothe. Once that heals I will try the scrub, but I am already pretty impressed/interested in the applicator, it's slightly fuzzy!

How's Harriet?  I was eyeing that one up but I already have some brighter coral creams so did not get it.
Harriet is a nice coral/pink cream. It's subtle enough for work. It would also make a cute pedicure.

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My birthday is this Saturday, March 8th. :)
Birthday twinsies!
beer.gif
I'm the 8th as well! Haha, I know so many people who are the 8th! Crazy!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How's Harriet?  I was eyeing that one up but I already have some brighter coral creams so did not get it.
I need to swatch them next to each other, but it looks like a slightly lighter, less opaque version of Nan.

I love Harriet. I was initially on the fence about the full polish upgrade because I thought Harriet was going to be toooooo close to Veronica (which I just bought), but that's not the case. Veronica is more peach. Harriet is more coral.

I skipped my box this month, now seeing the swatches of Boho Glam I'm regretting my choice a little.  I was really really excited for the March birthstone polish, then I saw it.  So disappointed.  I really wanted it to be a full coverage glitter like the Jan and Feb polishes.  My oldest daughter is a March baby (March 12) and I love the idea of a full coverage aquamarine polish.  I feel like the glitter top coat they did is so common, I think I have either 2 or 3 similar colors.

Got my It Girl box last night!
I'm so happy with my selection. I already broke into Lizanne & am planning on wearing Margaret for my birthday. & I'm completely shocked by 2 things. 1: I don't have a SINGLE DUPE for Princess Grace! & 2: I ordered 3 sets of Swatch Me stickers as add-ons, but as you can see they gave me 4. It was probably an accident, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless! I also think the little candy stick they threw in was adorable. I got cotton candy; what flavor did everybody else get?

Annoying that my tracking still says expected delivery of Monday 3/3 when it just arrived in my state today (after my mail was delivered). Boo. Hopefully tomorrow.

I got my bombshell box today and am very happy with it. Tania looks gorgeous and I can't wait to try Monaco and Lilou (just like I hoped it would be).

My candy cane was cinnamon and went right into the trash. I don't like candy canes very much anyways and combine that with cinnamon .. ugh.

Wow, I actually got my box today and it shipped on 3/1/14.  I'm impressed! 

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I. WANT. MY. BOX. Who do I have to  punch to get a damn shipment confirmation/tracking email?!?!?!?!
Not me!  
box.gif
Bad Julep!

Shaking Julep down for order updates and better shipping does sound like a good idea. My mystery box last month got lost when it got transferred to USPS in Orlando and a second order (one with seven polishes in it that I really, really want) is stuck in the exact same place when it's supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow. I'm paranoid that one got lost in transfer too and I'll have to email Julep again because they chose an awful shipping partner in DHL. Twice in one month? Poor form. At least I got a new mystery box in three days after I emailed customer service.

Finally got my damn shipment confirmation email, stating that my box shipped today.

Which contradicts what the Maven CSR said on Monday, that my box had shipped late Monday morning.

...OKAY....COOL.

eusa_wall.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Finally got my damn shipment confirmation email, stating that my box shipped today.

Which contradicts what the Maven CSR said on Monday, that my box had shipped late Monday morning.

...OKAY....COOL.

eusa_wall.gif

From what I gather they do both billing and shipping in "waves."  I just don't understand how they decide who gets in which wave, probably something like card issuer since it doesn't seem to vary each month (for me).  Seems like I am always one of the later ones to get charged, and have my box arrive.  Oh well, my box did actually update to out for delivery today so it does seem like it shipped faster even though the delivery date was off by 2 days.

Latest posts

Back