(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you trying to edit orders and getting the "sold out" message, I think Julep's system starts a "new" order when you hit "edit my order." So if you previously selected an add-on that is now sold out, even if the item you are adding is still available, the system will think that you are creating an order with an OOS item. Best to call CS in this case.
I'm one of those people. In my case it's letting me keep Rae, which is now sold out, and it will not let me add Lilou which is not sold out.

wow!  color me surprised, i viewed the collection and loved the shades.  i did the upgrade with the enchanted gloss and added that awesome green glitter.... i came here thinking it would be popular, nobody on here likes the new collection.  ow well, i will post swatches when i get it!
I'm super excited for that green glitter!!

Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG my mom is so cute. On reading Monaco's description as "Pantone Color Of Spring 2014": "Who is Pantone & why does their opinion matter?" 
sdrop.gif

To be honest, I'm with your mom.  I hear about this Pantone stuff and I really don't get it.

To be honest, I'm with your mom.  I hear about this Pantone stuff and I really don't get it.
Pantone is basically the industry (and "industry" here means color in general, not just makeup) standard for color, so they are important for on-trend color (towels, paint, kitchen utensils, storage bins, makeup -- Radiant Orchid is one specific shade that *if used correctly* is exactly the same shade *everywhere*) and (here's the big thing) shade consistency. You can say "TARDIS blue," and there will be many different variations of it, but then you say "Pantone 2955C" (the official BBC shade for TARDIS blue), and there is *one* shade. If they say something is the color of the year, you can coordinate colors more readily because everyone will be putting out things in that color or things that will coordinate with it. I got excited over Emerald last year because I love green, and I'm thrilled with Radiant Orchid because it will look fantastic with all of the Emerald I picked up last year.

Haha it's true though! I don't see why Julep & all these other beauty companies feel the need to kiss Pantone's ass & make a ton of cosmetics under whatever color they pick. & maybe it's the nonconformist in me, but whenever the "color of the year" comes out I stay away from it haha. I did that with emerald, & I'm doing it with radiant orchid too.

Pantone is basically the industry (and "industry" here means color in general, not just makeup) standard for color, so they are important for on-trend color (towels, paint, kitchen utensils, storage bins, makeup -- Radiant Orchid is one specific shade that *if used correctly* is exactly the same shade *everywhere*) and (here's the big thing) shade consistency. You can say "TARDIS blue," and there will be many different variations of it, but then you say "Pantone 2955C" (the official BBC shade for TARDIS blue), and there is *one* shade. If they say something is the color of the year, you can coordinate colors more readily because everyone will be putting out things in that color or things that will coordinate with it. I got excited over Emerald last year because I love green, and I'm thrilled with Radiant Orchid because it will look fantastic with all of the Emerald I picked up last year.
Hmm well that makes a lot of sense now. Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's probably just me but I don't see much in dedicating 1 color to 1 year & so forth. But aye I'm never really on trend anyway! xD & if Pantone is making a fortune off of it & everybody else is into it, I guess it's no longer my place to judge them. Keep doing what you do Pantone.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  wow!  color me surprised, i viewed the collection and loved the shades.  i did the upgrade with the enchanted gloss and added that awesome green glitter.... i came here thinking it would be popular, nobody on here likes the new collection.  ow well, i will post swatches when i get it!
I love them, but I just own so many similar colors! It seems to me that's the common sentiment since many of us already own quite a bit of polish ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I called Julep today and they were able to edit my box so that I kept Rae, and dropped the add on I couldn't for the life of me drop. It sucks that you have to call, but it was quick and painless, but make sure you do it by tomorrow b/c they're not open on Sunday (they are on Saturday) so you'll be stuck with whatever you have.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I called Julep today and they were able to edit my box so that I kept Rae, and dropped the add on I couldn't for the life of me drop. It sucks that you have to call, but it was quick and painless, but make sure you do it by tomorrow b/c they're not open on Sunday (they are on Saturday) so you'll be stuck with whatever you have.
You can actually edit your box online without any issue until the end of the signup window.  If you can't for some reason, you should definitely call them again to fix that for you.  I usually flip flop at least 2 times during the signup window.

Quote:  You can actually edit your box online without any issue until the end of the signup window.  If you can't for some reason, you should definitely call them again to fix that for you.  I usually flip flop at least 2 times during the signup window.
Yeah usually you can do that, but for those of us who had Rae or Monaco as add-ons, you couldn't edit your box without the website freaking out and saying that "one of your add ons is sold out" - even though you wanted to KEEP that sold out add on and had added it before it sold out. So the result was that you could never edit your box. You were stuck with it. It's only this month that I've seen a lot of people have that same problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You can actually edit your box online without any issue until the end of the signup window.  If you can't for some reason, you should definitely call them again to fix that for you.  I usually flip flop at least 2 times during the signup window.
You can't if one of your add ons is sold out.

I am not very impressed with the colors this month.  I was not grandfathered into skips and I'm on the new program.  I think I might cancel.  I wish Julep would let us pick what colors we want in a box.  Right now I have tentatively picked Bombshell but I am not liking that Lemon Chiffon shade, so it sucks getting stuck with a polish you don't particularly like.

Yeah usually you can do that, but for those of us who had Rae or Monaco as add-ons, you couldn't edit your box without the website freaking out and saying that "one of your add ons is sold out" - even though you wanted to KEEP that sold out add on and had added it before it sold out. So the result was that you could never edit your box. You were stuck with it. It's only this month that I've seen a lot of people have that same problem.
oooh thanks for clarifying.  how strange. 

From the FB group:

Quote: Looks like Julep will be ending the free polish code after 3 boxes once this month's selection window is complete. Received the following email from Julep CS, in response to my inquiry :This is the last month that we will be doing the Free polish with the 3 months of accepting your boxes. If by the April Maven window you do not get that code in your email, please feel free to reach out to us at the Maven Experience Team, we are more than happy to help you track that down or help you place an order for a free polish. The codes don't get sent out until all the rounds of processing for the March box are complete.

In case that was a draw to get this month's box....

Well that sucks.

So Julep's ended their free polish code, the ability to skip, the prizes for the My Maven contests (and the contests themselves), the extra special Maven prizes, the special mystery boxes, and they've drastically reduced the quality of the mystery boxes.

Um.

If they're gonna take away all the perks of being a maven, they better give us something in return, like the ability to pick our own color combos.

It sounds like Julep got too big, too fast, just like Bondi, and this is what happens.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  From the FB group:

Luckily this is my third. I'll get my code and grab one of this month's polishes I couldn't add on because I already have 3 add ons.

Well that sucks.

So Julep's ended their free polish code, the ability to skip, the prizes for the My Maven contests (and the contests themselves), the extra special Maven prizes, the special mystery boxes, and they've drastically reduced the quality of the mystery boxes.

Um.

If they're gonna take away all the perks of being a maven, they better give us something in return, like the ability to pick our own color combos.

It sounds like Julep got too big, too fast, just like Bondi, and this is what happens.
Hey we still have free shipping from the fastest, most reliable, and gentlest shipping carrier! 
4.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  From the FB group:

That's it then, I am skipping. The only reason I was going to get my box was to get closer to my 3 months, but now there is no incentive and I got a big order from their savvy deals coming my way anyway so no big deal. Plus the BOHO GLAM box was somewhat of a dupe for me. I need to start seeing some reason to take my box Julep! Give me some perks please!!!! 
nixweiss.gif

Latest posts

Back