(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, March's birthstone color would be Aquamarine.  Which could be really pretty if they continue with the glittery birthstone colors.  Emerald is May's birthstone (that's me!).
D'oh. I've bought "mother" jewelry for my mom that includes emeralds for my brother's May birthday, so I really should have known that.

For anybody wondering about swatches:

http://blog.julep.com/meet-the-march-maven-collection/

I can kinda see where Julep tried to go with this collection, & I think they did a pretty good job in capturing it. This is a nice transitional cleanse from winter to spring--& it's not too pastel-y, either. It's got a pretty good balance of mixing lights & brights, & after the reaction to February's boxes it is safe to assume that us Mavens are loving the rich pigmented hues right now. The problem for me (& everyone else it seems) is that I can think of a dupe in my own polish stash for nearly EVERY SINGLE COLOR this month. Even Rae just looks like Essie's Splash Of Grenadine in a Julep bottle. The 2 exceptions are Elisa & Soraphine, but I'm completely purpled-out right now & Soraphine (while pretty & unique) seems like a nightmare in the making.

That being said, I really like what's offered for my style profile [it Girl]. Surprisingly enough I don't have anything like Lizanne or Margaret, & I'm bound to have a dupe(s) of Princess Grace but I love orange polishes so I'm okay with that. This will be my 3rd box in a row, so I'm ultimately taking a box so I can get my free polish code & snag that birthstone polish for March. The colors for IG are very "me" anyway, so while I agree with the resounding "eh" from everybody else, I know I can put those colors to good use.

As far as the lip scrub goes, I'll wait until people review it & then I'll take advantage of the predictable promo codes that will come in the box. I did that with Vanish & I'm going to do that with 1 of the eye sheen shades. I can definitely pass on the lip glosses though. I never heard anything remarkable about them. & I can find cheaper alternatives for the "conditioning treatment" in the Burt's Bees section of CVS.

OMG my mom is so cute. On reading Monaco's description as "Pantone Color Of Spring 2014": "Who is Pantone & why does their opinion matter?" 
sdrop.gif

Is anyone else having trouble editing their box? I keep trying, but it keeps telling me one of my add ons (which I already added and saved before they sold out) is sold out, and won't let me remove or change ANYTHING. Ugh, so frustrating.

i wish they'd let you pick more than one option when you answer why you skipped.. because i wanted to pick that i didn't like the colors, or the lipglosses, or the MB products lol i'm quite happy with my e.l.f. lip scrub

Is anyone else having trouble editing their box? I keep trying, but it keeps telling me one of my add ons (which I already added and saved before they sold out) is sold out, and won't let me remove or change ANYTHING. Ugh, so frustrating.
I had that problem last month and had to call them to make changes without losing my add-on (which was also sold out at the time).

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For anyone who wanted Rae and couldn't grab it, I was just browsing Pointless Cafe and tenoverten's Elizabeth, which doesn't seem like a dupe necessarily, seems like a better match (imo) for Radiant Orchid:

http://www.pointlesscafe.com/2014/02/ten-over-ten-elizabeth-and-wall-st.html#more
this is gorgeous! And I agree a much better match for Radiant Orchid 

wow!  color me surprised, i viewed the collection and loved the shades.  i did the upgrade with the enchanted gloss and added that awesome green glitter.... i came here thinking it would be popular, nobody on here likes the new collection.  ow well, i will post swatches when i get it!

wow!  color me surprised, i viewed the collection and loved the shades.  i did the upgrade with the enchanted gloss and added that awesome green glitter.... i came here thinking it would be popular, nobody on here likes the new collection.  ow well, i will post swatches when i get it!
You may be the only person getting any upgrade of the sort. xD

I am going with Boho Glam. I have similar colors but they are my absolute favorite colors and use them all the time. I have the NCLA purple one coming my way in a trade which looks similar but, like I said, I use similar colors almost all the time. I like that you can pick you gloss but I kept the watermelon one that defaulted with my choice. Looks fun for spring. BTW if you all are sad to have missed out on the radiant orchid shade, I am currently wearing Zoya's Fergie. It is a somewhat brighter version of this but is very very pretty and more a true RADIANT orchid. I can post pics of my mani if you like but it's like day 3 so it's a little sad. 

Quote: Originally Posted by mrst909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Add me to the skip list. I actually really like all the springy colors but the problem is I have near-dupes for almost all of them already. Julep gets no points for creativity this month. I'm already looking forward to April because it's my birthday month and my birthstone is diamond so I'm hoping for a great April collection and a gorgeous diamond polish
smile.gif

April baby here too, looking forward to it as well!

I was curious about the Pantone colors, so I went to their site and noticed this, looks familiar... http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr/?season=fall&year=2014 I think many of these inspired this month's colors, beyond the one's already labeled Pantone colors. Can't say I love these either though.
Sephora is pretty much guaranteed to have an entire line based on this color. They did it for that orange (Tangerine Tango? Or was that a B&BW scent about twenty years ago?) two or three years ago as well as Emerald last year. I'm holding out for the Sephora line almost entirely just do I can see/try it in person before I can buy it.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes!  I am trying to edit my box by adding another add-on and I am getting the message that, "One or more of your add-ons appears to be sold out" except the add-on that it is not letting me add (Lilou) is not sold out.  Definitely frustrating. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aw, I like this months collection too.  I do have similar shades already but I wanted to take a box (I usually end up regretting it when I skip) and I think Boho Glam is pretty.  I have Essie polishes that I think are almost exact dupes for the Boho Glam polishes, BUT - I know Julpes swatches are not reliable so I'm actually counting on the polishes looking a little different.

I also added both of the featured add-on polishes.  Rae is pretty, even though it doesn't quite look like radiant orchid in my opinion, and Tania is stunning!  I have nothing like it.  As someone who mostly wears creams this is pretty wild for me but I love it.  If I dislike it in person I have a friend who loves teal so I could gift it to her.

I also went back to add Lilou but it's not letting me 
frown.gif

I was disappointed this morning when I looked at the selections- the recent new textures have been so stunning that it makes the March bunch look like a snooze-fest. Not into this month's Core Classics (I don't want the tool and just got Freedom in the mani mystery box) and I expected three products to be in the Modern Beauty box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

After looking at swatches more closely, I really want both of the Boho Glam polishes. And I get tons of use from the Timeless gloss from the December mystery box, so I'm happy to pick up a brighter colored one. The collection as a whole is underwhelming, but I'm excited about my box. Did anyone else notice that they changed the lipgloss formula slightly? The new ones all have "Power Cell Complex" added to them.

For those of you trying to edit orders and getting the "sold out" message, I think Julep's system starts a "new" order when you hit "edit my order." So if you previously selected an add-on that is now sold out, even if the item you are adding is still available, the system will think that you are creating an order with an OOS item. Best to call CS in this case.

Just a heads up for those of you who are skipping, I went onto the sit and "curated" my own little box with some great polish from the sale section and for fun put in my "free polish" code and it took off the amount of a full polish $11. So this is always an option for creating a little box you like if you are like me and prefer quantity instead of using your code on a single polish. I ended up getting 5 polishes and paid only $4 with the code!

Latest posts

Back