(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Julep's color decisions are being held back by their preconceived categories. Having "Classic with a Twist", "Bombshell", and so on makes it so they have to come up with a collection that can be squeezed into each of these profiles. Instead, they could just be creating any colors they wanted.
I wish they would first come up with their theme for the month and then say, what would a [bombshell] girl wear for a Riviera theme?  THEN come up with each of the colors.  To me, their Maven profiles feel like an afterthought.  Especially this month, nothing seems to fit.

I also feel like the products are really random each month.  This months products feel like winter products.  Yes, it's still technically winter but I'm ready to start changing out my products for spring ones.  And I don't know where they are getting "our much-loved lipgloss," I don't remember there being a lot of love for them and I pretty much never heard about them again after the month they were offered.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish they would first come up with their theme for the month and then say, what would a [bombshell] girl wear for a Riviera theme?  THEN come up with each of the colors.  To me, their Maven profiles feel like an afterthought.  Especially this month, nothing seems to fit.

I also feel like the products are really random each month.  This months products feel like winter products.  Yes, it's still technically winter but I'm ready to start changing out my products for spring ones.  And I don't know where they are getting "our much-loved lipgloss," I don't remember there being a lot of love for them and I pretty much never heard about them again after the month they were offered.

Marketing wizardry.

Since I'm a newer maven & I don't have the option to skip, I'm going to have to try to cancel. I really don't want to spend $20 on colors I don't like at all. I hope it's not too hard to cancel.

Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since I'm a newer maven & I don't have the option to skip, I'm going to have to try to cancel. I really don't want to spend $20 on colors I don't like at all. I hope it's not too hard to cancel.
You have greater resolve than I >.> I'm a newer maven without a skip option...but I also referred a person so I'm hoarding Jules ;-;

Quote:Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And they don't even do interesting stuff for It Girl. I think an even bigger issue is their scope: Nine new colors for the collection plus a special add-on only color plus the birthstone collection this year *plus* whatever other random shades they decide to toss into the mix EVERY SINGLE MONTH? They're stretching things *way* too thin.

I agree! I think the categories could still be mostly adhered to, but they are trying to do too much. And it bugs me that Modern Beauty has no nail polish at all, when polish is why 99% of us joined Julep in the first place. So you either have to pay extra for a polish add-on with that box or pick a different box and pay a fortune for the lip stuff if you want it. I just think that seems odd/unfair. I don't mind the lipgloss thing b/c I personally like lipgloss and I also like getting something "extra" in my box besides just polish... But I'm an all around nail polish, makeup, skin care, etc. fanatic so that's just me. I think the birthstone collection is a really sweet idea, but maybe each month our box should include that current month's birthstone polish rather than it coming out later for an additional charge. I feel like I spent a small fortune this month between my box, the add-ons, the secret store, the birthstone polish, the mystery boxes, and then the Oscar themed polish freebie w/ $25 purchase. For goodness sakes!

Quote:Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's actually very easy. I signed up for a second account last month to get the free welcome box for my mom, and I also got a 2nd referral out of it so Feb box was free on my first account and then I paid for a different box on the second account. Anyways, this month I just do not like it enough to have 2 subs and pay for 2 boxes so I called about an hour ago to cancel my second sub. It was hard getting through to someone b/c they must be pretty busy at the call center, but once I did get through the girl was really nice and it was incredibly easy to cancel. She didn't question me at all or make me feel guilty about it! However she was able to see both of my accounts with my 2 emails even though I only gave her the one email...... I'm not sure how that is?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's actually very easy. I signed up for a second account last month to get the free welcome box for my mom, and I also got a 2nd referral out of it so Feb box was free on my first account and then I paid for a different box on the second account. Anyways, this month I just do not like it enough to have 2 subs and pay for 2 boxes so I called about an hour ago to cancel my second sub.

It was hard getting through to someone b/c they must be pretty busy at the call center, but once I did get through the girl was really nice and it was incredibly easy to cancel. She didn't question me at all or make me feel guilty about it! However she was able to see both of my accounts with my 2 emails even though I only gave her the one email...... I'm not sure how that is?
If you have the same phone # on both accounts and called from that #, then they might have pulled it up by phone #. Other than that I don't know.

Quote:Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have the same phone # on both accounts and called from that #, then they might have pulled it up by phone #. Other than that I don't know.

That's certainly possible, I have the same address and phone number on both accounts. She asked for my email to pull it up... But maybe they are automatically connected when they have duplicate info. Even weirder, she originally asked me if I wanted to cancel the account for Donna Hamby, and I was like huh?? I don't know any Donnas, but Hamby is my maiden name!

I think ill do itgirl the colors are pretty and 90% of my polish collection is glitters so I usually don't have dupes for non glitter polishes.

I just canceled a few days ago.  It was super quick and painless! 

I was super let down last month that the swatches online were nothing like the colors in real life, and nothing stands out to me this month. Very easy month to skip this time.

I went to Ulta and bought three Zoya's that were on sale. Cheaper than Julep and I don't have dupes. Thanks for saving me the $$$ this month Julep.

I skipped. I started to take it but then decided there was nothing special about this collection.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped. I started to take it but then decided there was nothing special about this collection.
I started to look at the swatches but ended up not even bothering.  I had already decided to skip, but I thought, hey, maybe I might like the swatches!  And then I wised up.  Heavy on the bright springy creams = no need to even *look* at swatches.  I'll take my twenty bucks and buy tentacle and Time Lord nail wraps at ECCC next month, thankyouverymuch.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering whether Lizanne is supposed to be the March birthday polish (though it's marketed as "teal" not emerald), but it just has a normal cap so I guess not.  I couldn't remember if maybe they release the "birthstone" color in the Secret Store and "launch" it around the first of the month?  (ETA: My memory is apparently better than I give it credit for being.)

Happy early birthday, Cookie and all you other March babies!
Actually, March's birthstone color would be Aquamarine.  Which could be really pretty if they continue with the glittery birthstone colors.  Emerald is May's birthstone (that's me!).

Add me to the skip list. I actually really like all the springy colors but the problem is I have near-dupes for almost all of them already. Julep gets no points for creativity this month. I'm already looking forward to April because it's my birthday month and my birthstone is diamond so I'm hoping for a great April collection and a gorgeous diamond polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back