(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait hold up...you have to PAY $19.99 FOR EACH MONTH?!? I thought it was "get 3 month plan for $19.99 & nothing but $19.99 cuz this is supposed to be the better deal & you only pay $19.99 once every 3 months because Julep"

What a disappointment, I'm definitely not switching over to Maven Luxe now.
What Jenn said, but I don't remember every seeing it offered for $19.99, only as $60 since it was a 3 month prepay only thing but I can see how the whole thing is confusing.  I wish for the first month they would let us all view it so we could see what the options look like.  From what I've heard it mainly gives you options of swapping out the current months stuff with old stuff - that doesn't appeal to me.  I get that there wouldn't be additional new products there, but Julep has soooo many products so really they should have a lot more options than it sounds like there are if they want to make it more enticing.  Granted, I didn't switch over yet, so this is all just my read on what I've seen posted so far.  I guess it's kind of fine line for them to offer the customization but not too customizable that people stop placing other orders throughout the month.

I skipped. I have enough Jules for a free box, but other than the one stardust color I wasnt feeling any of the options.  Here's hoping my birthday month of July will offer some better options!!

What Jenn said, but I don't remember every seeing it offered for $19.99, only as $60 since it was a 3 month prepay only thing but I can see how the whole thing is confusing.  I wish for the first month they would let us all view it so we could see what the options look like.  From what I've heard it mainly gives you options of swapping out the current months stuff with old stuff - that doesn't appeal to me.  I get that there wouldn't be additional new products there, but Julep has soooo many products so really they should have a lot more options than it sounds like there are if they want to make it more enticing.  Granted, I didn't switch over yet, so this is all just my read on what I've seen posted so far.  I guess it's kind of fine line for them to offer the customization but not too customizable that people stop placing other orders throughout the month.
The 3 month pre-pay is the plan I switched to (not the maven luxe). Yesterday I was able to swap out for any of the new products or a selection of older products. To me it is a better deal since I am still paying $19.99 per box and being able to choose the exact items I want. The only thing I couldn't swap in was the add on Katerina, that was still only available as an add-on. Another thing I noticed was being able to swap in 3 of the same thing if I wanted. I like this plan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me too. Very content with the customization and skipping despite prepaying option. Only wish they would include the add-ons as swap ins. Then, it would be perfect.

I have space for about 25 more bottles of julep in my nail caddy. Once they are filled, I'm not allowed to get more until space is available. At least, that is my pathetic plan of trying to discipline myself. So, I'm glad I won't be forced to get unwanted colours anymore ...

The 3 month pre-pay is the plan I switched to (not the maven luxe). Yesterday I was able to swap out for any of the new products or a selection of older products. To me it is a better deal since I am still paying $19.99 per box and being able to choose the exact items I want. The only thing I couldn't swap in was the add on Katerina, that was still only available as an add-on. Another thing I noticed was being able to swap in 3 of the same thing if I wanted. I like this plan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me too. Very content with the customization and skipping despite prepaying option. Only wish they would include the add-ons as swap ins. Then, it would be perfect.

I have space for about 25 more bottles of julep in my nail caddy. Once they are filled, I'm not allowed to get more until space is available. At least, that is my pathetic plan of trying to discipline myself. So, I'm glad I won't be forced to get unwanted colours anymore ...
I also switched to the $60 prepay for 3 months plan.

I switched out my Classic with a Twist purple color for the green/gold nail color.

I am quite happy with the swap and the deal as I retain my skip privilage so my box still cost ms $20 and it'd be colors I actually like vs before, at least one color won't suit my taste...

I have 2 accounts, I opted-in for the 3mths prepay on one account that only have 900 jules, the other account I have 1700 jules so that account will be the old basic box account and I'll wait until a box come along that i like all 3 colors.....  

And tried the plie... it worked REALLY well for me when I am doing my right hand nails...definitely a lot more precision and control compared to before....

Okay thank you, that makes way more sense. & I don't think Maven Luxe is supposed to be any different from My Maven in terms of different or more products; My Maven is just for 1 month whereas Maven Luxe is the 3 month plan.
That's not quite right, the original blog post explains it well:

It's Here! The Customizable Maven Box of your Dreams

There are two new options for Maven subscribers.

1) My Maven: in terms of what you get, it's just like the existing Maven boxes.  Three products.  The difference is, you can choose which three products you want. So you can pick a nail color from Boho Glam, and one from It Girl, and also get the featured beauty item.  Or get three polishes. Or select from a small assortment of other products.  But the bottom line is, you get three products. 

You have two ways to pay for My Maven. You can pay month to month, as we do now.  It's $24.99 per month.  Or, you can prepay, three months at a time, at $19.99 per month.  So, you are billed $59.97 every three months, or whenever you've gotten three boxes (you can still skip).

2) Maven Luxe: I'm not clear on how many products you get per month, but it's more than three.  It's also customizable.  However many products are included, you can pick and choose the ones you want.

You also have two ways to pay for this.  You can pay $39.99 per month, or you can pre-pay, three months at a time, at $34.99 per month.  So, you are billed $104.97 every three months, or whenever you've gotten three boxes (you can still skip).

I went with the three-month prepay for MyMaven. I liked the three item box, I don't really need more than that.  I think it's a great deal. I'm paying the same $20 per box I always have, but now I have the option to pick the colors I want.  For the first time in a long time, I know I'm going to like everything in the box.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't usually post so hopefully I am clear. I went for Maven Luxe.

I swapped everything out and swapped in 5 of the Three wishes collection. I added and played with it a bit. As you add products it shows you what in the 60 dollar credit is left to swap in I was pleased with the variety. I added on the O2 combo ( If I put just the base coat it always had the buffer blocks left at the end and I had Jules to cover the dou). Also added on Katrina. Again I used Jules.

For me it is always a few I don't want so this option does work for me and saves me from ultimate and cheaper than always doing extra as addons

I called custumer service it gives 550 Jules and costs 4000 Jules.

I had enough Jules for a free box so I'm going with Core Classics (I'd been wanting back-ups of both the products so I'm so excited they are in a box together!). Added on Jeannine and Harlow and the clean-up tool. I'm planning to switch to the pre-paid My Maven next month, I would've this month after they confirmed the boxes were still 2000 Jules but you couldn't customize the Core Classics box anyway so it made more sense to just stick with the regular option for this month. 

I really like the colors in this collection, but since I went for the polish upgrade for both April and May AND bought a bunch of other polish between Secret Store and swap group stuff I tried to limit myself to the two I loved the most (especially since a good half of my May colors are still in the box, untouched!). Hoping to pick up more next month as add-ons or whenever there is a good sale/promo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I've officially decided to cancel my Julep sub. It's been fun but I just haven't been impressed with a lot of things regarding their company and products lately.

My boyfriend and I just booked our honeymoon to Punta Cana in December and we want to buy a house in the next year or two, so extra money will be going into savings towards those things.  I have enough nail polish that I could do my nails something different every few days for a year and not repeat at this point...so, yeah, bye Julep!  I'll probably still lurk around the message boards though, ha ha.
You'll be missed! Stick around for some of the future forums, we like hearing your thoughts. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the upgrade and added the base and top coat set and a couple other add ons. I liked the colors this month. 

I actually ended up cancelling my Julep and signing up for the Rainbow Honey $10 monthly sub. I've had Julep for probably 8 or so months & I only actually took two boxes. I figured it was time. But, has anyone else cancelled? I called and the lady said they would cancel my sub and send me an email, but I still haven't gotten an email. I called them yesterday morning. 

I think their email system is messed up atm. I never got aconfirmation for my selection either.

Can you check your account and see if it's still active?

I upgraded to My Maven because I was really unimpressed with the curated boxes this month and I can't skip (I signed up in April, so I can only have one skip every 6 months). These colors are so wrong for summer, in my opinion. I was hoping they'd do something bright and fun.

But anyway I chose to pay month-by-month because $60 is a lot more to pay up front, figuring I'd switch to pre-paying in a couple of months when I can afford it better. Now I'm not sure they're going to let me switch to pre-paying when I'm ready to--it's not clear anywhere whether you can change between pre-paying and paying one month at a time on the new subscription tiers. If they won't let me change later, I'll probably cancel my subscription in the first month after this one that I don't like the colors. Pretty disappointing.

I'm personally glad they went with something a bit different than brights. I feel set on brights after April & May, I think a third month in a row of brights would be overkill and this way they appeal to those who don't love the brights. 

Now that I saw the additional swatches they posted, I do think they fit for summer.  I'm still fiending for more chunky glitters though (bright colors would be a bonus).  I'm also super curios to see a comparison of Natalia and Reiko.

I think their email system is messed up atm. I never got aconfirmation for my selection either.

Can you check your account and see if it's still active?
It still looks like it's active. Grr, i guess I'm going to have to call back. 

I was curious and had to put March, April, and May together. I can totally see why they didn't do brights :)

image.jpg

I was curious and had to put March, April, and May together. I can totally see why they didn't do brights :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You know someone mentioned a couple of months ago that Julep had to create products to go out to other retailers like Sephora and QVC because they need to be released before the season -- I thought it was stupid then because a majority of their sales are definitely through their own site, but that theory might actually hold some weight.

OTOH, sometimes it  seems like they just do what they want

Latest posts

Back