(Spoilers) Julep June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm torn this month...not sure I like anything enough to not just cancel.  But I do have enough Jules to do a free add-on, which is a plus.  Will have to think about this!
I was all set to cancel this morning, but I didn't want my Jules to go to waste, so I've been thing about it.I'm going ahead and getting Boho Glam and adding the Top coat and using my Jules to pay for the add on.

To see the images > go to Edit my box,

Click on the large image and you will see this and you can click the arrows to view all the images.

image.jpg

Anyone have any guesses on what the birthstone color for June might be? I'm guessing just pearl....but it would be soooo cool if the could do moonstone! !

I just went to check Jules / product values and noticed the Modern Beauty Box is marked "out of stock".  I can see that for add-ons.  But for boxes on day one?  I'm sure more will go back in stock eventually but they seem to do their best in making it the absolute most difficult for everyone - time, product choices / combinations, etc.

I'm grumpy.  I think my honeymoon phase with them is over.  And I'm still glad I skipped...

Edited to add screencap:

MMO40KX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am loving the collection this month! Nice to see that Julep did indeed give us something different, like we were all hoping for.  I of course, am having my usual dilemma where I like a good majority of the polishes but like 3 or 4 are stopping me from doing the upgrade.  Also the fact that I just need to stop upgrading b/c my Julep collection is getting out of hand! 

Right now, I'm sticking with the Bombshell box because PURPLE.....although Sera isn't looking super purple to me, does it look like that to others? 
To me Sera looks like the exact shade as Cameron but without the stardust glitter stuff.

I just went to check Jules / product values and noticed the Modern Beauty Box is marked "out of stock".  I can see that for add-ons.  But for boxes on day one?  I'm sure more will go back in stock eventually but they seem to do their best in making it the absolute most difficult for everyone - time, product choices / combinations, etc.

I'm grumpy.  I think my honeymoon phase with them is over.  And I'm still glad I skipped...
This is what I was worried about with the delayed emails.  If anyone is changing their selections, I would screencap it just to be safe.  I don't know what happens if your selection goes out of stock before you get your confirmation email but it just seems like a recipe for disaster, especially with the window closing on a holiday weekend.

Can anyone with customization tell me what other options it gives you with the Core Classics box? Can you sub out the products for different ones?

again, pretty new.  If I did the ultimate upgrade, can I use jewels?  if so, how many would that be?  I know if I did the items as add-ons, I could use jewels.  just trying to figure out the best deal (using jewels as well). Thanks everyone!
If people don't know… maybe I will call. I will let you all know what they say.

again, pretty new.  If I did the ultimate upgrade, can I use jewels?  if so, how many would that be?  I know if I did the items as add-ons, I could use jewels.  just trying to figure out the best deal (using jewels as well). Thanks everyone!
The Ultimate Upgrade is 7500 Jules.  The Polish Lovers Upgrade is 5000 Jules.  You choose your box as usual, them in add-on scroll all the way to the end to find the Polish and Ultimate upgrades.

Hope that helps!

This whole collection is right up my alley. I do love some chromes. Polish lover's upgrade. If I get them in my hand and they don't live up to expectations. I can use them for either of the Summer Secret Santa's.

I really wish they offered Katerina as a box selection, it's all I really want and I can't see buying three polishes just to get one add-on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like Sera and the other light purple (Phia) but they look like dupes of other julep polishes I already have

I also really liked Ariana

and Colette but only with the pretty top coat over it.

I can't figure out what to get as a third item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a box all picked out and 3 add-ons....now I've skipped.  I wish Popsugar would release a spoiler for the summer LE box so I can make a decision on that first!

I really wish they offered Katerina as a box selection, it's all I really want and I can't see buying three polishes just to get one add-on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like Sera and the other light purple (Phia) but they look like dupes of other julep polishes I already have

I also really liked Ariana

and Colette but only with the pretty top coat over it.

I can't figure out what to get as a third item.
Katerina looks a lot like Vanessa, Camille, and Casper. Not sure if you want to/can skip but if you're looking for that color I think those would all be good alternatives.

Julep posted on facebook that if you get all three add ons they would send you something extra.

I decided to switch over to a customization plan so I did the $60 for 3 months option.  I wanted Phia but it is sold out as an add on, sold out as a switch out option, and the It Girl box with Phia in it is sold out too so even with customization I still can't get it (unless I want to buy the entire It Girl box as an add on, which is available).  

Currently I have picked a customized box with Natalia, Bergen, and Sera.  I also added on Katerina.  If It Girl boxes become available again I'll switch out for that box so I can get Phia and then switch out the other polishes for what I want and have an extra add on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back