Popsugar Must Have July 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popsugar just posted a photo on Instagram of a more fedora style hat, I'm hoping it's the real one because I like it!

Right? I missed this too for some reason.

I'm digging this box, much better than most of the ones in 2014, especially the Resort box (still waiting on my replacement items for the bajillion damaged RB of McD clutches they kept sending me). I keep hovering on the fence about canceling PS. I added BB, got rid of SocialBliss and once my FFF shows up I'll be canceling that too. PS keeps doing 2-3 boxes that are complete misses for me, then 2-3 that are home runs so it evens out.

The hat looks great. I live on the beach and in Lincoln Park in the summer so I'm always looking for new beach hats. Surprisingly my current favorite was from VS for only 20$.

V398742.jpg
Chicago people, I missed it too!!!! I am so into hats this year and last year. I can't wait for this box. I just picked up a giant straw hat like yours at Ross for $10 over the weekend. I don't care if I become the crazy hat lady, I am going to hoard hats. After decades of being the giant head girl who could never wear hats, all of a sudden hats fit my head. I don't think my head has shrunken, just that hats are being made bigger now. This box looks pretty good. I want that jump rope, it will be an excellent addition to my workout routine on my deck. And the sun bum lotions have those cute monkeys on them. I almost picked some up this weekend, but thought I would try to finish my current stash, so this is perfect. Those tongs are super cute, and will look great with my super neutral decor. And coconut anything is interesting to me. All in all, a pretty good box. I paid retail for this box, so I'm happy it looks so good. 

I also received 2 shipments from Gilt today, so I am on a crazy materialistic high. I actually feel high looking at the popsugar box and going through my Gilt stuff. 

Chicago people, some help please. My box is in New Berlin, WI, as of this morning. So it goes from Fedex in New Berlin to my suburban Chicago post office tomorrow, or the day after, then out for delivery to me, right? So maybe Thursday, if not Friday? 

Chicago people, some help please. My box is in New Berlin, WI, as of this morning. So it goes from Fedex in New Berlin to my suburban Chicago post office tomorrow, or the day after, then out for delivery to me, right? So maybe Thursday, if not Friday?
Does it go from New Berlin to an USPS Chicago distribution center then to the suburban USPS or directly from New Berlin to your suburban post office? I'm in Lincoln Park and my estimated delivery has changed to 7/11 from 7/14 but I'm not sure about the suburban shipping route.

Ok I dunno about the hat, but I'll give it a shot. I do like the color!

Thanks for the photo!!!!

Am I the only here that thinks that this box is crap? A jump rope, really? Some salad servers for all the guests I serve in my studio apartment...? Some paper straws? A cheap mascara? Nasty chips? A not so cute hat? PopSugar, you're really losing me here..
Yes, you would be the only one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I first want to say I'm not trying to attack you or invalidate your opinion on the tone of the PS threads.

I don't see anyone saying they hate surprises or new things. I see people saying they like/dislike certain items, PS having better and worse months depending what people like, certain items have appeared in other boxes and SmartPost is anything but. I think it's good to have dissenting opinions of items as long as the conversation stays civil which I feel it is. Last month I was one of the people who liked getting a book with a football storyline, others didn't. It didn't change my opinion of the book, I didn't change anyone else's opinion of the book and neither opinion is correct or incorrect.

I personally like coming on and seeing complimentary and contrary opinions. Sometimes people point out things I didn't know about items (the lemon wipes being made in China) and that can influence my opinion on them if I'm neutral but no one disliking something will make me stop liking it and no one liking something will make me stop disliking it.

If reading the MUT forums bursts your bubble, you feel they're full of negativity and they make you reconsider subscribing perhaps you should consider not reading them. It's just one tiny portion of internet with the opinions of a bunch of randoms, they should have no impact on your daily life :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yep I agree. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Like I said..  it's not differing opinions that bother me... I appreciate the negative posts that have reasoning and explanation! I don't think I would be here if I didn't want different opinions good and bad. 

It's more like the hating on Popsugar as a whole posts or the in descriptive, "REALLY?! I hate this posts."

I just felt the need to stand in Pop's corner. I think they do a great job - OF COURSE we're all not going to like everything.. but that's kinda the point, I think. Getting out of our comfort zones. I would never ever purchase that hat.. but i'm pumped & kinda nervous to try it out and see if I like it and I'm not going to boycott PS for choosing it. 

I feel like i didn't explain myself correctly, but oh well I'm just another random, I suppose. 

My daily life is intact, no worries.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've read this thread for a while now and.. [i feel like i'm going to get attacked for saying this] there's just so much negativity! You're all absolutely entitled to your own opinions and liking/disliking things.. that's what forums are for, but if you "hate" trying new things or "hate" being surprised... maybe subscription boxes aren't for you...

That hat is worth more than the box full price, and I am always pleasantly surprised with my items and I love gifting away the things I won't use. It's fine for you not to like it, but if you are a picky person in general and aren't interested in new things, again.. maybe subbys aren't for you. 

Popsugar is my absolute favorite service and I come on here month after month to bashing and I just felt the need to type that. Sorry if it offends anyone that was not the intention. My PSMH is just such a happy thing for me each month, I love getting it in the mail and then I come on here and get my little happy bubble burst. "Oh, maybe this month does suck, oh maybe paper straws are awful even though I think they're cute. Oh, maybe I should've unsubscribed and resubscribed to save $5, etc." 

That's all.. I guess I just wish this forum could be a little party sharing the things we're excited about and not complaining. Most of the time it is.. but I just think people are hard to please. Over  $100 value is a win for me. I think working at PSMH would be a tough job! 
You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm a long time stalker of MUT and a newer poster but I feel like a lot of negativity is going on, dont get me wrong I love to hear the good and the bad but half the time the person hasn't even gotten their own box! I mean someone already bit back at u about this, come on ladies let's stick together lol! I must say this is only my second box so I guess I might just not know we're the bar stands on this subscription box though.what does everyone else think? 

Am I the only here that thinks that this box is crap? A jump rope, really? Some salad servers for all the guests I serve in my studio apartment...? Some paper straws? A cheap mascara? Nasty chips? A not so cute hat? PopSugar, you're really losing me here..
Love this box.  Workout everyday after work and was just about to buy a jump rope on my own.  Host plenty of people all the time so the servers will go to good use, or make a nice housewarming gift to someone else, or even be some cool, funky artwork mounted in my kitchen (not all Popsugar subscribers have a studio...I'd venture to say many don't?).  Cheap mascara doesn't mean bad, my fav brand is "cheap" L'Oreal. The paper straws are super cute placed in a crafty summer drink for when I host those people that'll eat from my salad servers at my house.  Hat is cute enough to protect me from some strong Cali sun.  

So, no, not a "box of crap" for some people including myself.  It's all in how you look at it!

Yep I agree. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Like I said..  it's not differing opinions that bother me... I appreciate the negative posts that have reasoning and explanation! I don't think I would be here if I didn't want different opinions good and bad. 

It's more like the hating on Popsugar as a whole posts or the in descriptive, "REALLY?! I hate this posts."

I just felt the need to stand in Pop's corner. I think they do a great job - OF COURSE we're all not going to like everything.. but that's kinda the point, I think. Getting out of our comfort zones. I would never ever purchase that hat.. but i'm pumped & kinda nervous to try it out and see if I like it and I'm not going to boycott PS for choosing it. 

I feel like i didn't explain myself correctly, but oh well I'm just another random, I suppose. 

My daily life is intact, no worries.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
But that's not what you said previously. If people don't like something they shouldn't feel the need to have to justify their dislike (or like), they should be able to simply say they don't like it.

I've read this thread for a while now and.. [i feel like i'm going to get attacked for saying this] there's just so much negativity! You're all absolutely entitled to your own opinions and liking/disliking things.. that's what forums are for, but if you "hate" trying new things or "hate" being surprised... maybe subscription boxes aren't for you...

That hat is worth more than the box full price, and I am always pleasantly surprised with my items and I love gifting away the things I won't use. It's fine for you not to like it, but if you are a picky person in general and aren't interested in new things, again.. maybe subbys aren't for you. 

Popsugar is my absolute favorite service and I come on here month after month to bashing and I just felt the need to type that. Sorry if it offends anyone that was not the intention. My PSMH is just such a happy thing for me each month, I love getting it in the mail and then I come on here and get my little happy bubble burst. "Oh, maybe this month does suck, oh maybe paper straws are awful even though I think they're cute. Oh, maybe I should've unsubscribed and resubscribed to save $5, etc." 

That's all.. I guess I just wish this forum could be a little party sharing the things we're excited about and not complaining. Most of the time it is.. but I just think people are hard to please. Over  $100 value is a win for me. I think working at PSMH would be a tough job! 

Hating on PopSugar is MuT's favorite past time! Unfortunately, it's been like that since I can remember.

I am a PopSugar cheerleader! I love them, but I did say that paper straws suck. Haha! They are adorable though and they can be used for other stuff!

I think over the last few months with codes and discounts they've changed their customer base a bit. Hopefully they are getting back to $40 a month, love it or leave it!

Ooo I'm excited. Leaving for cape may in a lil over a week and the hat and sunscreen would be perfect. Although....my box doesn't even have a tracking number yet. And we all know how slow it can be sometimes. Here's to it coming soon!

But that's not what you said previously. If people don't like something they shouldn't feel the need to have to justify their dislike (or like), they should be able to simply say they don't like it.
Oh, it isn't? "You're all absolutely entitled to your own opinions and liking/disliking things.. that's what forums are for

I'm sorry, where did you find the, "they shouldn't feel need to justify their dislike" part again? 

Disliking something and complaining about the subscription are different IMO, but I'm so glad I have someone to interpret my own thoughts for me, how nice! 

Latest posts

Back