Popsugar Must Have July 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, this one is perfect! I LOVE the hat and if I don't use the jump rope, my kids will. Same with the straws. And the salad servers are so cute. I adore the design. Sunscreen and mascara will get used. And those coconut things are my fav snacks.

I think this one is just very much dominated by the hat .. if you don't like the hat, the box will most likely be a bit of a loss. But then, since it has a pretty high value, you can always try to sell/trade the hat and make it worth that way.

Okay, I haven't been on here in ages, but I'm chiming in to say that this one is kind of a miss for me too, not because the products are bad but because I have either already received items like these in past boxes or will simply not use the products. That's just because of me though, and I'm glad people like the box. I'm unlikely to use a jump rope in my carpeted house, don't really wear hats and still haven't worn my last hat from PS, and I already have two sets of salad servers. I'll try the lotions and the mascara. My kid will use the straws, which are cute. It's fine, and I know I'm taking a risk by getting the box. Just not as great a box for me as the last couple of boxes were.

Regarding the negativity, there are people from sub boxes who read these forums, so for those of us who don't have a blog it's actually kind of useful to leave some feedback here on MUT so that people like PS (or people starting new sub boxes) can get multiple perspectives and learn what goes over well for subscribers. 

I'm sorry, where did you find the, "they shouldn't feel need to justify their dislike" part again? 
Right here:

Yep I agree. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Like I said..  it's not differing opinions that bother me... I appreciate the negative posts that have reasoning and explanation! I don't think I would be here if I didn't want different opinions good and bad. 

It's more like the hating on Popsugar as a whole posts or the in descriptive, "REALLY?! I hate this posts."

Right here:
I truly think you're misunderstanding me. How is saying I appreciate descriptive negative opinions but don't necessarily care for the ones who just say they hate Pop Sugar saying that people shouldn't feel the need to justify their tastes? 

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear. I'll try to keep my positivity towards PSMH to myself next time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I found a variation on twitter! Here's a screenshot.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i would love the jumping ropes, just want i need to get in shape. but i guess the other items are not must haves for me, so it is good that i did not buy this box. there just isn't a time and place for me to use the serving spoons and straws despite how cute they look, nor the hat since i won't be going to the beach anytime soon :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL I'm sorry, I had to laugh when someone said that they didn't like the ultimate negativity with basically PS bashing comments on here and then someone else said this was a box of crap. Hahahahha. Lmfao, I'm so sorry but I couldn't help but laugh out loud and I'm at work.

Anyways, there's always going to be negativity in a forum especially when it comes to a high range of different items from a box we all pay for. It's up to you as a reader to participate in however way you want, just remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions and try to realize what tones people are speaking in. I, for one, usually take the wrong "TONE" of text messages when reading them. I end up getting mad for nothing when whoever is texting me didn't mean it in that way. LOL.

But really, I don't think this box is "CRAPPY" because I'm inlove with whats in it. The hat has me fangirling. You guys are lucky who have got theirs already or are getting theirs this week because mine isn't even shipped yet -__-

i love both variations of pics so far!  i'm really excited for this box and loved seeing the spoilers, i really hope the hat fits.

i looked up the ingredients for the sun screen,

http://shop.trustthebum.com/spf-30-moisturizing-sunscreen-lotion/

it's chemical rather than mineral, so i think i'll have to pass it on to someone else (personal preference for sunscreens that protect by reflecting rather than absorbing), but everything else looks excellent.

you don't need to entertain others to use serving spoons!  i use them when making a fancy personal salad and tossing in the dressing and toppings.  Usually 2 serving salads since it's hard for me to fill up on veggies.

Whoever asked about suburban Chicago delivery... Usually what happens with mine is it hits New Berlin and spends the day. Tonight it'll leave there and head to my south suburban post office. My PO is awesomee so if they get it there before 830 tomorrow morning it will be on my doorstep tomorrow after work. Later and I won't get it til Thursday

LOL I'm sorry, I had to laugh when someone said that they didn't like the ultimate negativity with basically PS bashing comments on here and then someone else said this was a box of crap. Hahahahha. Lmfao, I'm so sorry but I couldn't help but laugh out loud and I'm at work.

Anyways, there's always going to be negativity in a forum especially when it comes to a high range of different items from a box we all pay for. It's up to you as a reader to participate in however way you want, just remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions and try to realize what tones people are speaking in. I, for one, usually take the wrong "TONE" of text messages when reading them. I end up getting mad for nothing when whoever is texting me didn't mean it in that way. LOL.

But really, I don't think this box is "CRAPPY" because I'm inlove with whats in it. The hat has me fangirling. You guys are lucky who have got theirs already or are getting theirs this week because mine isn't even shipped yet -__-
I got a good laugh too, oh well - can't kill me for trying, right? I know better now.  :laughno:

Guys, I really think we need to stop the bickering and move forward as it's not getting anyone anywhere. Everyone is entitled to express their feelings (positive or negative) on this forum, and we're not always going to agree with each other.

With that said, now that I've seen the picture of the stuff, it's definitely a cute curation of stuff, but I'm still pretty happy I passed this month. Hoping August has an actual coupon code!

My box just updated and looks like it's due to be delivered today? That doesn't seem right since it's about 60 miles away.

Latest posts

Back