Popsugar Must Have July 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Sadejane SmartPost delivers directly from Troutdale to you? Lucky! They always send packages from Troutdale to Auburn before sending them back down to Portland for me (Montavilla! When I moved into my apartment, the house next door was an actual drug house. We assume meth based on the tweakers who were always there. The DEA has since raided it).
Oh you know what, you're right. I think it will go to Auburn first. . . darn.  That means it will probably be Friday as it says, which is a shame because I'm going on a weekend trip to BC.  Montavilla is definitely 'up and coming', scary that you lived next to a drug house, scary.  I'm also in SE, Sellwood. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Unfortunately, everyone I know already has salad tongs. I would never just randomly give those to someone. I might give them to someone as part of a wedding present, but they're so style specific that it would be really iffy. 

After looking at them on the website though, they really don't look like salad servers so much as high grade plastic spoons. 

So for anyone who is like me and going wtf do I do with this, at least they can be used as regular spoons I think? 

Plus they are heat resistant which is nice! 

So I am happier about them now that I looked them up a bit more. 

I wonder if we will all get the same pattern or different ones? I'm really hoping for the floral pattern instead of the chevron one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, everyone I know already has salad tongs. I would never just randomly give those to someone. I might give them to someone as part of a wedding present, but they're so style specific that it would be really iffy.

After looking at them on the website though, they really don't look like salad servers so much as high grade plastic spoons.

So for anyone who is like me and going wtf do I do with this, at least they can be used as regular spoons I think?

Plus they are heat resistant which is nice!

So I am happier about them now that I looked them up a bit more.

I wonder if we will all get the same pattern or different ones? I'm really hoping for the floral pattern instead of the chevron one.
That chevron pattern serving set is about the only item I really do want from this set. I started a "house" box for when I buy a house in a few months and I cashed in a bunch of Birchbox points for some home items. Coincidentally, I got a French Bull dish and cutting board mat in that same pattern so the salad spoons would be a perfect match, but I can't justify the rest of the box this month since I know I won't wear the hat and already have a jump rope. If everyone keeps getting that chevron (zig zag?) Pattern maybe I'll eventually cave. Or...I could just buy the spoons but everything seems much more fun in when it's part of a subscription box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought the cutest set of salad tongs from TJ Maxx and I don't use them for salads...they work great to stir and sometimes serve.

Love that there's variations with the hat!! Variations just make it a little more fun to open since I always know exactly what I'm getting. I haven't gone spoiler free for any sub box for 2 years- that's when I met & started my love affair with makeuptalk... Hubby does get jealous at times..lol!!! This new site has definitely curbed my usage though

FOLKS.

We're aware of the reports and that @@MissJexie has already made a general warning. The posts in question will remain up however please refrain from discussing that matter any further.

We not here to police the site and tell people what they can and cannot say so long as the rules are followed. We'll only step in if the rules are being broken and if people ignore the general warnings issued either by myself or other staff members. If one of my staff members issues a general warning then please heed it instead of ignoring it or forcing me to step in.

If you're not happy with how negative someone is with their opinion feel free to block the person and you won't see posts from that person any longer.

I'm actually a bit excited for the salad tongs...though I have no real use for them being a college student and living the dorms haha. But I just used my Birchbox points to get a mug in the same pattern so I like that! Haha. I doubt that I'll ever wear the hat so I might just pass it along to someone else or leave it in my closet forever. The mascara is the same one from June Boxycharm so I'll being throwing that in my tote of all of the stuff I'm planning on doing a giveaway with on my blog. Could always use more sunscreen and this stuff seems like it's pretty nice. I think that the jump ropes are cool but the will probably go into my workout bin in my closet and never come out along with various exercise balls and DVDS. I will definitely eat those coconut things - food is never a problem haha. And the straws - well I'll probably just use them myself when I want to make my drink cute haha.  

I like this box. I'd use and enjoy everything but the straws. I don't like it enough to get it full price, but if there's a good code soon, I might resubscribe.

Oh that hat! I really want to like it but I don't. I saw a photo of the black version someone received and I think I like it a lot more than the tan or beige. Someone said earlier, the hat makes or breaks this box and I agree. Everything else to me I could use or make work but am not excited over. I live no where near a beach or water and can't think of where else to wear it. I have loved each box since January, I am due for an off month. Still pondering whether to order or not.
Sounds like you probably won't be ordering it. But, if you change your mind, I think the hat works well in any sunny environment. Even just for sitting on your deck and reading the paper. I'm not a hat person, so I don't buy them. But a handful of times each summer I find myself really wishing I had this kind of hat. It's kind of like an umbrella to me, a tool to have on hand for unpredictable (or predictable) weather.

Love that there's variations with the hat!! Variations just make it a little more fun to open since I always know exactly what I'm getting. I haven't gone spoiler free for any sub box for 2 years- that's when I met & started my love affair with makeuptalk... Hubby does get jealous at times..lol!!! This new site has definitely curbed my usage though
What are the variations? The box pics I have seen so far have all shown the same one.

Just got my shipping! Excited. My box from last month is still sitting here next to me relatively untouched. I'm looking forward to the hat especially now that I've been spending more time outdoors so I'm not my usual "vampire" coloring. lol

Ok, I take that back about being excited for my shipping. I live on the East Coast now. In fact a drive down to NYC would take me three-ish hours while a drive down to Jersey would be a bit longer. So WHY is it going to take MORE THAN A WEEK for my Pop Sugar box to arrive? LOL Googling the location from where it shipped and it's a little under a four hour drive. A week! LOL A whole week!

I guess I'm gonna sound a little out of the loop here. I've heard of Popsugar and visited the website. What is this box your talking about?

Do you sign up or something and get a box every month? What has been in the previous one's? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess I'm gonna sound a little out of the loop here. I've heard of Popsugar and visited the website. What is this box your talking about?

Do you sign up or something and get a box every month? What has been in the previous one's? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This isn't up to date, but it's such a good way to see a ton of boxes all at once (I like to walk down memory lane and look at it from time to time, like a big dork)

http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2014/02/poll-whats-been-your-favorite-popsugar-box-to-date/

PSMH is a monthly box of awesome.  You should definitely check it out!  Here is the link (non-referral): https://musthave.popsugar.com/

It's the Must Have box. To see older boxes, just go on the Popsugar Must Have Blog on their website. It shows all the boxes from the past, or look at the other threads in this forum for each box. It's a subscription service box that you sign up for on the Must Have site. It explains it all on there. 

Agree 1000 times with whoever said the hat makes or breaks the box. I only wear hats while running and I don't think this one would work for that. I'll have to see when it gets here. I'll probably use the sunscreen and the jump rope, but I'm not too pumped about the rest. I'm wishing I had just waited for spoilers but at least the salad tongs will make a good stocking stuffer for my sister (if I don't lose them in the next 5 months!).

I'm definitely more of a fall/winter person, so I should probs stop shelling out for summer boxes. I'm much happier with scarves and body butters than hats and sunscreen. Alas.

Just got my shipping! Excited. My box from last month is still sitting here next to me relatively untouched. I'm looking forward to the hat especially now that I've been spending more time outdoors so I'm not my usual "vampire" coloring. lol

Ok, I take that back about being excited for my shipping. I live on the East Coast now. In fact a drive down to NYC would take me three-ish hours while a drive down to Jersey would be a bit longer. So WHY is it going to take MORE THAN A WEEK for my Pop Sugar box to arrive? LOL Googling the location from where it shipped and it's a little under a four hour drive. A week! LOL A whole week!
They use what is called SmartPost to get your box to you. It is sent via FEDEx to a fedex hub near you, then it is handed over to USPS (regular mail) which is usually a good deal away from that hub location, so your box has to make its way back to you. Mine box initiates in Watsonville, CA. Then makes it's way up to Troutdale Or (two hours away) then runs quickly up to Kent, WA (upper part of Washinton state) and makes it way slowly back down to to me about a week later. Mine was two hours away on Sunday, was suppose to be here on Friday, but that changed this morning, due to be delivered on Saturday (somebody dubbed this mailing process Dumbpost....... aptly put)

I gave up on pop sugar because i will be moving out of the country soon. I really want the jump rope though! and toasted coconut chips are the best- i discovered them at Trader Joes, but i don't live near one at the moment. my favorite PS snack will always be the truffle popcorn. yummy

Latest posts

Back