Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to reccomend Innisfree's Jeju volcanic clay mask for those whos in need of a good clay mask. It def makes my skin clearer. And I've had a single thub for 1 year!! I use it once a week cause I have dry skin so can't use it twice as you would if you had oily skin. It's super cheap and I really would repurchase anyday ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love that stuff too! I got it from Beauteque because they have it on sale right now. I love using it as a spot treatment and on my nose when i don't have time to use it on my whole face. It really is awesome and a little goes such a long way!

Oh and in regards to Memebox selling out of sets and then restocking them after the sale:

It's because they offer a specific amount of boxes/ value sets at the VIP prices, and then a specific amount of boxes/ value sets at the regular price.

Does anyone know how popular the brands/items that Memebox uses are in Korea? Whenever I research the products for my blog posts, I find almost nothing in English, and even Koreadepot and similar websites have hardly any information on them (or bad Engrish advertisements). Most of the brands are ones I've never heard of -- minus the Missha, Banila Co, Thefaceshop, and Tony Moly.

I'm just frustrated because it's so difficult to take Memebox on their word about what these products do (they do, after all, lie about the prices all the time). And it doesn't seem like it's necessary for Korean companies to put all of the ingredient information on the packaging? Not on the sample foils, at least. Much less in English, which I wouldn't expect them to do. It would be really nice if they could, though... I like knowing what I'm putting on my face.

It's a trend I've noticed that the brands Memebox is promoting are getting more and more obscure. I used to be able to write blog posts no problem because I could easily find at least some information about the company or ingredients behind the products in my, say, Luckybox #1 or Hydration Box (Superbox #3). Mini #3? Global #12? Not so much. It's frustrating. I really wish I knew Korean!

I'm just frustrated because it's so difficult to take Memebox on their word about what these products do (they do, after all, lie about the prices all the time). And it doesn't seem like it's necessary for Korean companies to put all of the ingredient information on the packaging? Not on the sample foils, at least. Much less in English, which I wouldn't expect them to do. It would be really nice if they could, though... I like knowing what I'm putting on my face.. .....
YES!!!! This!!!! It drives me nuts when there's no English ingredients listed anywhere- not on the package, not on the card in the box, not online... Nowhere! And there are definitely things my skin is sensitive to, so I need to avoid them. Memebox needs to translate when it's not already done on the packaging... Just print it out on the cards they put on the box, we know they can do it- the cards are already printed out in perfect English.

I dunno, I always thought most stuff in the boxes was pretty obscure and new to me, but I don't have an issue with not knowing what exact ingredients are in it. I do agree Memebox should translate that stuff, though.

Part of the appeal is not having tried anything I get from them! 

I am able to find most stuff on GMarket, but I know a lot of people would not be willing to sift through that site (It's a giant mess  :glasses: )

YES!!!! This!!!! It drives me nuts when there's no English ingredients listed anywhere- not on the package, not on the card in the box, not online... Nowhere! And there are definitely things my skin is sensitive to, so I need to avoid them. Memebox needs to translate when it's not already done on the packaging... Just print it out on the cards they put on the box, we know they can do it- the cards are already printed out in perfect English.
Well, I wouldn't say *perfect* English :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Some of their mistakes have been hilarious.  I think they've gotten better, though, since they opened up in CA.  I think they must have gotten a better proofreader.

I absolutely agree that they should include the ingredients in English.  Luckily, I don't have killer allergies but if I did, this would be a pretty big deterrent to purchase.

I also want to know how popular these items really are in Korea!  I know there's more popular, westernized brands that have English websites and have name recognition on this side of the pond at least but does that mean they are popular in Korea, too?

From everything I've read, the make up is not the best, the skincare is so those are the boxes I've been buying.

I guess I just don't want to be getting the equivalent of Wet n Wild and Lipsmackers in my box but being told that its "most popular" Estee Lauder quality.

Know what I mean?

Well, I wouldn't say *perfect* English :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Some of their mistakes have been hilarious.  I think they've gotten better, though, since they opened up in CA.  I think they must have gotten a better proofreader.

I absolutely agree that they should include the ingredients in English.  Luckily, I don't have killer allergies but if I did, this would be a pretty big deterrent to purchase.

I also want to know how popular these items really are in Korea!  I know there's more popular, westernized brands that have English websites and have name recognition on this side of the pond at least but does that mean they are popular in Korea, too?

From everything I've read, the make up is not the best, the skincare is so those are the boxes I've been buying.

I guess I just don't want to be getting the equivalent of Wet n Wild and Lipsmackers in my box but being told that its "most popular" Estee Lauder quality.

Know what I mean?
The superbox's that are catered to a specific brand are pretty much considered "high quality" such as the Missha SB or the TonyMoly SB. I mean 23$ for a regular Memebox, they can't necessarily put in high brand expensive items all the time in it, yea, maybe a sample sized like the TCFS CC Cream, but I don't expect much high quality makeup products in the regular Memebox's unless I buy a catered expensive SB. I think its fun trying out the opposite of Wet & wild products but in Korea. As for the makeup quality, I find there makeup products aren't that great of quality in general, even Missha is sub-par, and Banila co, just meh for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The superbox's that are catered to a specific brand are pretty much considered "high quality" such as the Missha SB or the TonyMoly SB. I mean 23$ for a regular Memebox, they can't necessarily put in high brand expensive items all the time in it, yea, maybe a sample sized like the TCFS CC Cream, but I don't expect much high quality makeup products in the regular Memebox's unless I buy a catered expensive SB. I think its fun trying out the opposite of Wet & wild products but in Korea. As for the makeup quality, I find there makeup products aren't that great of quality in general, even Missha is sub-par, and Banila co, just meh for me.
Not to mention that wet & wild has some pretty darn good products for the price. Their eye shadows are awesome. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean that it won't work. My favorite mascara is a drugstore mascara (Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama, trust me it's the best formula out of all of the versions of The Falsies) and I will swear by it for as long as they make it. I have tried more expensive ones and I still like that one best.

oh for eff's sake

http://us.memebox.com/vip-exclusive

TWO more new boxes...

thankfully, they are so out of my price range right now!

oh and one of the boxes had that green tea cleansing oil that was "sold out" for the actual Green Tea box. hurumpf!
OMG ugh. HOLY expensive much?! Why so expensive? ooooooohhhhhh I see

Those are out of my price range, PERIOD. LOL. I choked on my coffee when I saw the prices. I was like, "yea...NOPE."
not only that, the products that they are showing - that can't be ALL of the items in the box, can it? I mean, that looks sad.

oh for eff's sakehttp://us.memebox.com/vip-exclusiveTWO more new boxes...thankfully, they are so out of my price range right now!oh and one of the boxes had that green tea cleansing oil that was "sold out" for the actual Green Tea box. hurumpf!
Yeah hrumpf for sure!
I don't think they're actual boxes though. They kind of remind me of the tosowoong sets they had before. Weird.

Not getting those....7 products for 100$?? wahh....

Latest posts

Back