Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i went to korea a few years ago, they were really into the idea of using bamboo charcoal for everything including their toothbrushes and toothpastes...i'm actually using a korean toothpaste now and it's nothing weird...it's a propolis toothpaste and it's really awesome!!!
My boyfriend's persian mom swears by this black charcoal toothpaste. she claims it can fix cavities and a bunch of other ridiculous claims which I am hesitant to entertain, i'll stick to my twice yearly cleanings thanks insurance lol. I do however think it really cleans teeth and makes them white. My best friend's mom is a dentist and she said it looks white because it is grinding off the outermost stained layer of enamel though (like how magic erasers are just super fine sandpaper) and prolonged use is probably not healthy. 

i have an appointment in a week and i am going to ask my dentist his opinion. i have thin enamel already so I don't want to ruin what i have left, but love the whiteness from the toothpaste (i keep it to twice a week just in case) 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@gypsiemagic smart move. Activated charcoal might have short term benefit as it detoxifies the mouth but chipping off the enamel would make your teeth brittle and more prone to coloring and cavities! Which reminds me...it is time for my dental checkup. *runs*

Did anyone else that ordered one of the deals this morning not get shipping charges added in?  I placed three different orders (because I was hurrying to get each deal before they sold out) and I selected a shipping option for each order, "standard shipping" is showing up on each order, but no shipping charges were added.  Should I be concerned?

Also, I've placed a few orders in the past 2 days via credit card, and they're showing as processing.  Is that normal for credit card orders?  The other orders I've placed were via PayPal, and they immediately showed up as "Ready for Shipment".  Hopefully I'll learn all these nuances to Memebox soon!

Did anyone else that ordered one of the deals this morning not get shipping charges added in?  I placed three different orders (because I was hurrying to get each deal before they sold out) and I selected a shipping option for each order, "standard shipping" is showing up on each order, but no shipping charges were added.  Should I be concerned?

Also, I've placed a few orders in the past 2 days via credit card, and they're showing as processing.  Is that normal for credit card orders?  The other orders I've placed were via PayPal, and they immediately showed up as "Ready for Shipment".  Hopefully I'll learn all these nuances to Memebox soon!
Im sure it will say "ready for shipment" soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just realized I was not charged shipping either. At checkout, it said standard shipping was included.

Thank you for pointing out the shipping charge. I went ahead and click on my $3 off link and ordered 2 secret deal box, one lucky box 8. Even the express have no charge. Maybe they are doing a special that we don't know about? I don't know, but I will get more boxes since it is my birthday soon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got both H&B2 and Office Essentials today. Must say, I quite love them both, except the replaced mists (perfume instead of face mist so..) But all in all they are good values.  :wub:  Got my replacement finally for the slowganic cleanser I recieved broken 1 month + ago. It took ages, but finally here.!!
what do you think of the recipe cleansers?

I would respectfully ask that we not make assumptions about products/companies being cruel to animals/tested on animals. It's offensive to make these kind of statements about Korean people. These kinds of claims are inappropriate, unnecessary, and make people uncomfortable. Let's move on from this topic of conversation, please. Thank you!
I love korean people, style, products, food, music, enything, how can you say something like that! 

I just know things and I saw videos!!! and I'm not saying it's only korean people and not all korean people because take a look at china (but i'm not naming brands!,, I'm naming that such things happen and sometimes it gets through in a product without thinking.   the fact is look that the cocoons thing I recently found out... not a crime but sad and its for the people to choose if they still want to use it. 

don't take this so extreme please.. i'm just saying it and not talking bad about ALL korean people, I'm not a racist please. i'm just saying a fact that sometimes you can get products that are not so animal friendly and it's up to the using if they still want to use it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I wont talk about the teeth thing but please don't take it like i'm some kind of racist! I love korea!

when i went to korea a few years ago, they were really into the idea of using bamboo charcoal for everything including their toothbrushes and toothpastes...i'm actually using a korean toothpaste now and it's nothing weird...it's a propolis toothpaste and it's really awesome!!!
That sounds promissing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> could you name the brand, i'm always looking for cool natural theeth stuff :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think the teeth care would be anything too bizzare. Toothbrush or mouthwash, mouth strips, floss, whitening toothpaste, breath freshener and a lipbalm/gloss--are my predictions. 
I was more refering to the extreme way whitening strips and stuff ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> some are indeed great but some are just too extreme and can be bad for your teeth :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but i don't know if they put something so extreme in those boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> maybe a bamboo toothbrush like @@eugiegenie said :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love korean people, style, products, food, music, enything, how can you say something like that! 

I just know things and I saw videos!!! and I'm not saying it's only korean people and not all korean people because take a look at china (but i'm not naming brands!,, I'm naming that such things happen and sometimes it gets through in a product without thinking.   the fact is look that the cocoons thing I recently found out... not a crime but sad and its for the people to choose if they still want to use it. 

don't take this so extreme please.. i'm just saying it and not talking bad about ALL korean people, I'm not a racist please. i'm just saying a fact that sometimes you can get products that are not so animal friendly and it's up to the using if they still want to use it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wont talk about the teeth thing but please don't take it like i'm some kind of racist! I love korea!
Members had expressed discomfort with the things you were saying/claiming, so I simply asked that the conversation be brought back on track and assumptions not be made that would make people feel uncomfortable. No worries, let's just move past it and keep the conversation going forward. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back