Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just bought Memebox #3 for $14,99, Memebox Foot care #2 for $11,99 and memebox pomegranate for $14,99  with 3 different accounts YAY :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So they put us under pressure and we start shopping like maniacs... maybe this gives them enough money and they'll stop this high shipping threat and it was their plan all along?

* :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> scary music*
Memebox #3?!

MY TAKE ON THE SHIPPING INCREASE:

IMO, Memebox would work so well as a monthly subscription box service. 

However, I've only been buying boxes from them for less than a month, and I'm getting tons and tons of emails every day about a " special deal" and groups of boxes " with free shipping". They are pushing product on customers like crazy. More than any other e-commerce site I frequent is doing. 

This leads me to believe that they are in a different category of merchant than " subscription box services" entirely and plan to stay out of the subscription box service..

They are an overseas retailer whose products happen to be boxed up. There is nothing " monthly" about them, or even " regularly" or " recurring", the terms we use to describe a subscription service.

Since I haven't received a box from them yet, I can't say how the increased shipping will influence my decision to purchase from them, or if I will go to the package deals of multiple boxes.. I really see that as a selling technique more than anything else, but then again, I haven't tried the products to know if I want 3 or more boxes every week ( like I've been buying- oops).

The only thing I am sure of is that Memebox is NOT a subscription box and does not belong in this category of discussion at all. 
I really wish they were.. I'd not think twice about a shipping increase because of the convenience factor of the subscription service.

Can this site's owners and moderators not talk to them about curating a monthly box? I can't understand why they don't offer a recurring subscription. I know, I've said it before, but I'm serious.

GiGi

However, I've only been buying boxes from them for less than a month, and I'm getting tons and tons of emails every day about a " special deal" and groups of boxes " with free shipping". They are pushing product on customers like crazy. More than any other e-commerce site I frequent is doing. 

This leads me to believe that they are in a different category of merchant than " subscription box services" entirely and plan to stay out of the subscription box service..

They are an overseas retailer whose products happen to be boxed up. There is nothing " monthly" about them, or even " regularly" or " recurring", the terms we use to describe a subscription service.

Since I haven't received a box from them yet, I can't say how the increased shipping will influence my decision to purchase from them, or if I will go to the package deals of multiple boxes.. I really see that as a selling technique more than anything else, but then again, I haven't tried the products to know if I want 3 or more boxes every week ( like I've been buying- oops).

The only thing I am sure of is that Memebox is NOT a subscription box and does not belong in this category of discussion at all. 

I really wish they were.. I'd not think twice about a shipping increase because of the convenience factor of the subscription service.

Can this site's owners and moderators not talk to them about curating a monthly box? I can't understand why they don't offer a recurring subscription. I know, I've said it before, but I'm serious.

GiGi
I think  there Memebox Globals are pretty much like a sub box. Its shipped once a month, but you can pay whenever for it until its out of stock or when it gets restocked. I mean its the same thing, only difference is, is they don't automatically take your money out via bank, cc on a specific date. There's something new in at every time just like any other subscription box, and I just ate wAYYY too many gingerbreaad cookies, guhh - 140 calories for 5 cookies  >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think  there Memebox Globals are pretty much like a sub box. Its shipped once a month, but you can pay whenever for it until its out of stock or when it gets restocked. I mean its the same thing, only difference is, is they don't automatically take your money out via bank, cc on a specific date. There's something new in at every time just like any other subscription box, and I just ate wAYYY too many gingerbreaad cookies, guhh
BIG Woops I'm getting 13 boxes this July, I think I need to go in rehab... so this thing with the shipping is maybe a good things :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

BIG Woops I'm getting 13 boxes this July, I think I need to go in rehab... so this thing with the shipping is maybe a good things :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
that is what I am thinking - lol

I hope I can NOT purchase any more until August and maybe just do a monthly global....  But it is SO difficult!  I love the pretties!!

I cannot keep up with the discussion anymore! But those memeboxes are going crazy. Each time I receive emails, they always have something new! I am on a no-buy starting July and no buying of Memeboxes for a year. I hope I CAN KEEP my promise!!

7662205.gif

I think the shipping change, though slightly annoying, is legit on their part. How many boxes do we buy at once, but only pay the $6.99 shipping on one when the boxes might not be shipping at the same time and therefore not in a large box. They have probably had profit loss in that area and are just trying to remedy that part of their business. I find it annoying as a consumer who has gotten used to that, but I have also found it weird how I could by boxes for July and August and only pay to ship one. They are still going to bundle and increase the amount of bundles so that's even better cuz of the express shipping. Usually the bundle has the boxes I want anyways.

I think i might do a no buy too until after i finish editting the novel i am writing as too busy doing reviews already lol.

I think the shipping change, though slightly annoying, is legit on their part. How many boxes do we buy at once, but only pay the $6.99 shipping on one when the boxes might not be shipping at the same time and therefore not in a large box. They have probably had profit loss in that area and are just trying to remedy that part of their business. I find it annoying as a consumer who has gotten used to that, but I have also found it weird how I could by boxes for July and August and only pay to ship one. They are still going to bundle and increase the amount of bundles so that's even better cuz of the express shipping. Usually the bundle has the boxes I want anyways.
I totally understand the new shipping changes - but I do think that they need to rethink the shipping charges if the boxes are available to ship now.  They should allow those boxes to be shipped out at the same time with some type of sliding increase.

if they are doing those bundles with express shipping for 6.99, surely they can do the same for the boxes that are in stock to ship now.   

I think they just have to make up for the discounts and points through shipping. It's just logical. I am not a huge hauler (never bought like 5 boxes at once), so it is okay... furthermore people are buying from separate accounts anyways, so they are already paying $6.99 per box.

I just hope value sets include boxes that doesn't ship at the same time too...but what are the chances that they will implement that, right? This country does not accept shipment of more than a certain value, so I don't think I (nor memebox) can fool the customs into thinking that 3 superboxes are just $30...

GiGi
The reason why they don't do a subscription service is because they make WAY more money not doing it. They've always wanted to stand out from the crowd, and they wanted to take the great parts of a subscription and amplify it. While memebox does have a shop of regular items, they are essentially a mystery box store. The fun of a subscription is the not-knowing what could be inside. That is also what makes it addicting. Memebox continuously sends us new and interesting products and the boxes are always worth their price and then some. They have the perfect formula for churning out box after box, and we'll always keep buying them because of the mystery, and because we know it's going to be a great box and we don't want to miss out.

Why cut their profits when they can keep doing things the way they are and make a TON more money. Having a subscription in addition to what they're already doing would be nice, IE: making the memebox globals once a month and on auto-delivery option, but I think that setting up a subscription with a recurring shipment to specific people would be even more confusing on top of all of their dang pre-ordering that goes on lol. I think they just found what works for them and are running with it.

well their shipping change prompted me to instantly buy 3 boxes I'd been eyeing before the rate increases... so it's a brilliant marketing ploy in the very short term.

I'm not sure if I will continue to buy memeboxes in the future.  I'm in California, so I already get hit with sales tax- shipping for each box on top of that will be overkill.

In a way, I understand the $7 shipping per box, considering they ship them all separately/at different times, but I think the reason why they sell such a high volume at one time is because people stock up and save on shipping. I can't see this going very well for them. I think they'll still do fine, but there won't be as many people buying up large amounts of boxes.

The "value sets" are bothersome to me, because I'm not able to pick and choose the boxes I want. Rarely does an entire value set appeal to me.

I really love Memebox and they are kind of my favorite thing in the world right now but I definitely think this isn't a good plan. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope they change it back or work out some sort of deal. I think they should do something where if you buy one box it's $6.99 shipping. Two boxes is $7.99, 3 is $8.99 or something like that. To charge $7 per box seems crazy.
i can also understand if you could say choose a value box of ANY$23 BOX SIMPLY write the box name in the notes section, or choose $32 SUPERBOX X3 . YOU COULD THEN ADD SAY a luckybox ,a global box and a naked box , that would be more appealing.i think memebox may lose money doing this with the shipping. to be fair i use my points so in effect that cancels shipping cost off,but i know many subscribers /memebers have been paying standard post and memebox have sent their boxes express each time at no extra cost ,so that is not fair to the majority in most countries who have basically been helping others get their boxes way faster, this practice memebox should of stopped first of all.it also makes sense why all the boxes have all gone back up for sale again after being sold out.i also think more people will be jumping over for codes more and also waiting for a box set value pack that they want with maybe the odd one going for gifts or giveaways or ebay more, it will be interesting how this works next month with new boxes , of course I'm sure if people are struggling we will let the know about it and they many sort it .but i suppose they need to try it out first.

well their shipping change prompted me to instantly buy 3 boxes I'd been eyeing before the rate increases... so it's a brilliant marketing ploy in the very short term.

I'm not sure if I will continue to buy memeboxes in the future. I'm in California, so I already get hit with sales tax- shipping for each box on top of that will be overkill.
Yes! Yes Me too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was eyeing one the value boxes but taxes was like $7 and plus shipping is crazy

I cannot keep up with the discussion anymore! But those memeboxes are going crazy. Each time I receive emails, they always have something new! I am on a no-buy starting July and no buying of Memeboxes for a year. I hope I CAN KEEP my promise!!
good luck with that promise,lol, as long as you know promises are made to be broken and by august the fall boxes and winter boxes will be up lol, and september the next bundle for boxes 17-23 global.it will be hard saying no

I totally forgotten that they have taxes for US members until you girls mentioned it. Oh well...just hope for more points then.. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

On another story: Came back to a huge lot of stuffs in my pigeon hole and omg I am in cosmetics heaven *tears of joy*

Latest posts

Back