Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
out of all of the boxes I have purchased,  only 6 were in value boxes.  3 orders of 2 boxes each.

I have ordered a TON of boxes, btw.
Ahhh so only 3 orders of the value boxes , yea. I haven't purchased a Value Box, I like to dibble and dabble, one box here, 10 boxes there.

"All good things come to an end" - If there thinking this will make them more money...I really don't see that. IMO. I will def be buying less from here and out - You know me on shipping charges @@biancardi :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
We definitely joined at the perfect time ! Free points for buying boxes, promotional points , free upgrades to shipping!good times :')

Ughh, I hate the late shipping dates on the vitamin box and bubble pop box... I cant decide which one to get, I would get both, but oh maybe Ill just get both.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah...well, maybe it was just a sign for me to curtail my memebox habits!!  I mean, seriously, I have a GLUT of boxes coming in July & August. 

I would love a monthly subscription - I think that would help with  my addiction - lol.  Didn't someone mention many pages back, that the Korean memebox does have a monthly sub box?

well, I opened an account to get memebox 9 because I am in LOVE with the gokul mask - I would love another one.   I won't use the BB cream or lip tint, so I will be putting that up for swap, once I get my box.

Does this mean we don't get express shipping with boxes that aren't in the "value" boxes? In other words?
I think they are trying to get all of the boxes that ship out close together in a value set.  So, express shipping would have only happened that way anyway.

I know that my purchase of the bundle of whole grains & milk was express shipping, but since I also ordered the oriental medicines in the same order (and all 3 ship out on the same date), they are sending all 3 express shipping in one package.

I am not sure how they are doing it this going forward.  I think they will have more value boxes of 2, 3 or 4 that are shipping on the same date so it should work out the same way.

what this doesn't help is if you want to purchase boxes that haven't sold out and are already shipping (like nakedboxes or luckyboxes).   And that really is bad - they should allow the same shipping costs for boxes in stock to ship immediately.

so, like if I wanted to purchase memebox 9 and the hair box, I would get hit with a $6.99 charge twice for shipping - even though they are in stock now and shipping now.  They need to rethink this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just bought Memebox #3 for $14,99, Memebox Foot care #2 for $11,99 and memebox pomegranate for $14,99  with 3 different accounts YAY :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So they put us under pressure and we start shopping like maniacs... maybe this gives them enough money and they'll stop this high shipping threat and it was their plan all along?

* :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> scary music*

So I just bought Memebox #3 for $14,99, Memebox Foot care #2 for $11,99 and memebox pomegranate for $14,99  with 3 different accounts YAY :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So they put us under pressure and we start shopping like maniacs... maybe this gives them enough money and they'll stop this high shipping threat and it was their plan all along?

* :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> scary music*
I think they are losing money on shipping - one order, because I wanted to use memebundle3, I had to purchase another box - because one "box" was a value box of 2 (only counts as one box), the other was a box that was going to ship with the value boxes (they all had the same date) and the 3rd box was the color box - which is going standard on a different date.

I paid 6.99 for shipping on all boxes - 2 separate ship dates for those boxes.  If they would have a "smart" system, that looked at the ship dates, and put them in the proper shipping buckets - again, Amazon does this - that way, they wouldn't lose that type of money and people could pick and choose their boxes.

In a way, I understand the $7 shipping per box, considering they ship them all separately/at different times, but I think the reason why they sell such a high volume at one time is because people stock up and save on shipping. I can't see this going very well for them. I think they'll still do fine, but there won't be as many people buying up large amounts of boxes.

The "value sets" are bothersome to me, because I'm not able to pick and choose the boxes I want. Rarely does an entire value set appeal to me.

I really love Memebox and they are kind of my favorite thing in the world right now but I definitely think this isn't a good plan. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope they change it back or work out some sort of deal. I think they should do something where if you buy one box it's $6.99 shipping. Two boxes is $7.99, 3 is $8.99 or something like that. To charge $7 per box seems crazy.

Got Memebox #9, unfortunately at full price because as a retail worker I hate it when people go through loopholes to get deals (even though Memebox said it was okay, I felt bad). On the plus side, my boyfriend bought it for me. On the not-so-plus side, I still feel guilty! And I had to e-mail Memebox about the billing address, which I stupidly forgot to change before clicking purchase. There's less than 20 #9's now!

I made a promise to my boyfriend to make no more purchases from Memeboxes until August. The shipping changes only helps me keep this promise. Even $6.99 for two or more boxes at once was enough to keep me from buying boxes many times.

Also VERY pleased that I didn't buy the Vita-Bath shampoo & conditioner set, which I was considering. I've got H&B #2 coming to me and I can't wait.

Latest posts

Back