Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, VIP programs don't bother me - if you spend a ton of money at a particular store or have been a loyal customer for a very long time, I think it's nice to be rewarded! However, the qualifications for membership should always be clearly laid out. I'm not interested in any of those boxes, but this Memebox VIP thing still seems completely arbitrary and unfair.

Also, even if they are extending the offer to bloggers in particular, wouldn't they want the bloggers reviewing boxes that other people could actually buy? Unless this is just a first-dibs situation, and the boxes will be released to the general public in time?

Personally, VIP programs don't bother me - if you spend a ton of money at a particular store or have been a loyal customer for a very long time, I think it's nice to be rewarded! However, the qualifications for membership should always be clearly laid out. I'm not interested in any of those boxes, but this Memebox VIP thing still seems completely arbitrary and unfair.

Also, even if they are extending the offer to bloggers in particular, wouldn't they want the bloggers reviewing boxes that other people could actually buy? Unless this is just a first-dibs situation, and the boxes will be released to the general public in time?
Yea, they should set it out so that people can at least know how to upgrade their membership status and not have it done randomly....they should do something like a points rewards scheme or something! Many online shopping sites have them too, where you earn points with every purchase, and then you can use those points as cash vouchers or something. Well the boxes are still available for purchase on the Memebox website, just not the bundles with the free upgraded express shipping and free gift....which is really weird  :wacko:

I am  a blogger but memebox has NEVER sent me a free box to review!!  I pay for all of my boxes.
Oh, I didn't think they were sending free boxes to people - that wasn't my intention, sorry! Someone upthread had suggested that maybe Memebox was sending the VIP status to bloggers, and I was just trying to explain why that didn't make sense to me.

Oh, I didn't think they were sending free boxes to people - that wasn't my intention, sorry! Someone upthread had suggested that maybe Memebox was sending the VIP status to bloggers, and I was just trying to explain why that didn't make sense to me.
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They never send my boxes early either - I usually get them later than most!

I think memebox is very experimental with many things... Which can turn out super messy afterwards. They are not used to dealing with business the "western" way. From the previous months alone, we see  so many changes and witnessed a fair amount of dramas.

I think they need to tone things down, keep it interesting and be more careful especially with how they treat the customers regardless of whether they are rich poor short tall round or bloggers. 

I have no problem with VIP programs as along as the terms are not kept secret.  I am VIB at Sephora and it's because I spend a chunk of money there.  I'm not anything special at Mac because I am not in any way a professional makeup person.  They just need to be clear about the qualifiers.

I think memebox is very experimental with many things... Which can turn out super messy afterwards. They are not used to dealing with business the "western" way. From the previous months alone, we see  so many changes and witnessed a fair amount of dramas.

I think they need to tone things down, keep it interesting and be more careful especially with how they treat the customers regardless of whether they are rich poor short tall round or bloggers. 
i thought the person who set it up was american or had spent a lot of time in america?

You worded perfectly what I was thinking but couldn't find the correct words for @@flushblush :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It doesn't make sense to have a hidden requirement. If it's a minimum spend why wouldn't you advertise it to encourage spending?

In other news, the vitamin and cooling boxes are on the main website for us non-VIPs!

The box value set still isn't however =/ 

I've spent over 500$ in one month on Memebox's and I never got the VIP email..

Just ordered cocao box, global 14# and Office essentials :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the global 12 and 13... Because everyone knows the global ones are the best value...

And then the Superbox burst of colour despite telling myself no more superboxes.... Because I obviously need more makeup...

And then the new luckybox... To make up for my luckybox #1 that never arrived! 

I HAVE SOLID REASONS FOR ALL OF THESE PURCHASES. ALL OF THEM.

(I DON'T NEED SELF CONTROL IF I HAVE GOOD EXCUSES!)

... Hooray for being a fellow weakling XD @biancardi 

Latest posts

Back