Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered three more boxes as I had some points on my account... couldn't resist orange, whole grains and oriental medicine. think I have all the ones I want now lol

1. I am not making a fuss, otherwise I would have started a thread, emailed memebox, blogposted and facebook the petition. Just trying to do a peaceful petition here because most of us who have bought many boxes are seeing the same stuff over and over. Yes, we don't mind the highly-rated products, but the not-so-loved ones? Seems forced upon us...  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2. We can all have divided opinions, this is what a forum is for. We discuss.

3. Check their page under "why memebox", it says; 

"we want to make sure that you get the widest choice of products, and that means not limiting ourselves to a small warehouse outside of Korea."
But the thing is, which items are not-so-loved that keep getting repeated? The most repeated items from what I can see are the Leaders InSolution masks and the Tea Tree Oil, both of which have been very popular. The only problem is that the Tea Tree Oil lasts a long time so that they don't necessarily need repeats. But for newer buyers who have heard such great things about the TTO, it would be a shame for them to never receive it -- and I say this as someone who currently has three of those things!

But part of the fun is that newer customers can have the chance to receive what older customers have gotten. I know I would have been crushed if I never got to try the cheese cream that everyone was raving about. Plus, there's only so many Luckyboxes you can buy -- and most of the Luckyboxes have repeats from older Luckyboxes, anyway, not from the Global or Superbox editions. 

I absolutely understand that it sucks to get a repeat of an item you don't personally like, but it's almost a guarantee that you'll find someone else who'd like to swap for it, at least eventually. And it's not hard to look through your stash and guess at what'll be in the next themed box -- that's why I didn't buy the Honey Superbox, because I've already got two LJH Propolis' and I figure they will have that or something similar in it.

Has anyone gotten four of the same item yet? I feel like it's mostly just doubles, and a few triples. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Although one item I really wish they'd repeat more are the SEP masks...

do they have a policy about repeats? i don't see what the fuss is about when you are essentially buying blind boxes, it's different than bb/ipsy etc.

“They do sell these beauty boxes, but they don’t have monthly subscriptions. Each box is numbered and they have products that are in discrete runs,” - Techcrunch article on memebox.
I don't know if they have a policy outright, but the Luckybox says right up front that it has products from other Luckyboxes, which is why I would never buy another one after my first. Its just a nice way to introduce someone to Memebox, and I like that I got to jump in with some popular products.

Eta: and the lack of spoilers and essential blind buying is one reason I'd never buy more than one box at a time. It just feels unwise to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Bunbunny I think everyone has different skin which is why some may like the repeats and some don't. Even within this forum itself, we can see everyone is divided between the products. I liked the propolis tbh, and yes, the tea tree takes a month to finish up~  :lol:

The thing is, even if there are newer customers, they could always get the cheese cream in luckyboxes, nakedboxes and memeshop or even swap (as you have mentioned). I think you would agree if one had to buy a special edition box (say she loves honey products very much) but has to be on her toes and crossing fingers to not get the propolis, then it will make the whole experience a little...leary. 

But the thing is, which items are not-so-loved that keep getting repeated? The most repeated items from what I can see are the Leaders InSolution masks and the Tea Tree Oil, both of which have been very popular. The only problem is that the Tea Tree Oil lasts a long time so that they don't necessarily need repeats. But for newer buyers who have heard such great things about the TTO, it would be a shame for them to never receive it -- and I say this as someone who currently has three of those things!

But part of the fun is that newer customers can have the chance to receive what older customers have gotten. I know I would have been crushed if I never got to try the cheese cream that everyone was raving about. Plus, there's only so many Luckyboxes you can buy -- and most of the Luckyboxes have repeats from older Luckyboxes, anyway, not from the Global or Superbox editions. 

I absolutely understand that it sucks to get a repeat of an item you don't personally like, but it's almost a guarantee that you'll find someone else who'd like to swap for it, at least eventually. And it's not hard to look through your stash and guess at what'll be in the next themed box -- that's why I didn't buy the Honey Superbox, because I've already got two LJH Propolis' and I figure they will have that or something similar in it.

Has anyone gotten four of the same item yet? I feel like it's mostly just doubles, and a few triples. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Although one item I really wish they'd repeat more are the SEP masks...
think lorna said she had 4 or 5 cheese creams but not 100%. personally I fancy another cheese cream. However, if memebox is listening I personally fancy more ddobyul skin therapy as mine has a few days left and i might cry when it ends and can't afford $69.

yeah she says 5 on the milk box

@@Jane George they don't exactly repeat expensive and top products for some reason...

The petition was directed towards not including repeats that were under-loved into Superboxes, special edition boxes and the normal numbered memeboxes. Under-loved meaning everyone has divided opinions, unlike the cheese cream, caviar cleanser and ddobyul. I think memebox should start a good survey via email to us memeshoppers   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

do they have a policy about repeats? i don't see what the fuss is about when you are essentially buying blind boxes, it's different than bb/ipsy etc.

“They do sell these beauty boxes, but they don’t have monthly subscriptions. Each box is numbered and they have products that are in discrete runs,” - Techcrunch article on memebox.
Moralistically speaking...? I mean yea, its not a monthly "sub" box, but why put a repeat in a Superbox which costs 40$, I mean if someone wanted it, its on there website. I'm sure sub boxes would not last if there was repeats in the main boxes. Anyways, it is what it is..I know how beauty companies that offer beauty boxes run, companies go to them to put there products into there box for free , in return the hope of exposure and sales, maybe they just have large amounts of "left-overs"..

okay sidetracking for a bit, ladies, was this superbox there all along or did I miss something?

probably inspired by purple-loving ladies over at the colorbox thread...(judging at the pic)

okay sidetracking for a bit, ladies, was this superbox there all along or did I miss something?

probably inspired by purple-loving ladies over at the colorbox thread...(judging at the pic)
I think that is new!  I just want more pore care boxes!  I might be slightly obsessed!  Or oil cleansers and face oils box--that would be amazing!

I know how beauty companies that offer beauty boxes run, companies go to them to put there products into there box for free , in return the hope of exposure and sales, maybe they just have large amounts of "left-overs"..
You couldn't have worded it better. I was thinking the same..  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They eye shadow cream in the cute little pouch?
Anything from this line really. *huffs heavily*

I am a sucker for their packaging.  :laughno:

getit-dinoplatz.jpg

memebox, you seeing this?

Anything from this line really. *huffs heavily*

I am a sucker for their packaging.  :laughno:

getit-dinoplatz.jpg

memebox, you seeing this?
I almost purchased there jelly foundation and there eyeshadow cream with the pouch. The packaging is adorable! That would be soo amazing if Memebox had a "Too cool for school" box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back