Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can we have MUT create a memebox fb page for chat if this is going to be a problem?  Or at least tell me how to do it, because I will set one up.  I am not sure what is wrong with the chatty thread but I don't want it to be an issue here with the moderators.  It seems that the prolific members on the memebox thread really enjoys the chatty thread and I am just looking for alternatives here.

I will be happy to moderate the FB chatty page if it is an offshoot of the MUT FB page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! that Memebox #8 restock sold out quick!  Now restock #5 is gone and there's only Superbox 3 and 4 and #5-2 and.... just checked Memebox #3 is gone too!

can we have MUT create a memebox fb page for chat if this is going to be a problem?  Or at least tell me how to do it, because I will set one up.  I am not sure what is wrong with the chatty thread but I don't want it to be an issue here with the moderators.  It seems that the prolific members on the memebox thread really enjoys the chatty thread and I am just looking for alternatives here.

I will be happy to moderate the FB chatty page if it is an offshoot of the MUT FB page.
We already said that we like the idea of a general chit chat thread and we're trying to work with the community to help this subforum become more user friendly. You shoot down everything and now want to make your own facebook page, I don't really understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

Guys, I apologize for not being a bigger part of this conversation, as I am in the process of moving out of state and I have been crazy stressed and super busy!

I am right in the middle of this debate as the person who started this thread to begin with, as well as being a mod and understanding how completely out of control this thread has become.

When this thread started, it was because there was no Memebox thread on MakeupTalk, and I wanted to tell everyone about it. At that point, the ONLY boxes that has been released were Memebox #1, #2 and #3. We had NO idea how many boxes were going to be pouring out over time.

For those of us who keep up with this thread or have stalked it for long enough to understand the chit chat, this is a community of people who love Memebox and love to talk about/get excited about boxes.

For new members and visitors that are looking for SPECIFIC information, this thread is a jumbled, confused mess. As mods, we want to make sure that these threads and the Memebox group in general is useful for not only the current members, but for new members and inquiring members as well. It's how makeuptalk acquires and keeps new members and has existed successfully for so long. Even so, there is no desire to alienate or upset current active members, either.

As you all know, because of the sheer volume of boxes that are released at a rapid rate, it's incredibly difficult to find the BEST solution for new members looking for information, current members looking to chat, and moderators having to keep up with everything. Let's be honest here: there IS no option that is going to make everyone happy. What we need to do as a community (Memebox forum and makeuptalk in general) is try and figure out a solution as close to middle ground as possible, and understand that this is a transition phase for the Memebox forum. That the company grew way faster than any of us could imagine or keep up with. It grew more than I anticipated when I made this thread, but I think the important thing is to be open to change, and feel free to contribute ideas or solutions to the conversation. That's the only way we're going to come up with a plan that works best!

We already said that we like the idea of a general chit chat thread and we're trying to work with the community to help this subforum become more user friendly. You shoot down everything and now want to make your own facebook page, I don't really understand what you're trying to accomplish here.
wow - I am not SHOOTING down anything.  You haven't read my posts at all.  I have started individual threads and posted on them, etc.

I just want a chatty thread that doesn't have so many restrictions.  There is nothing wrong with asking about the FB and I resent your comment to me.

I personally would like to keep the chatter off of Facebook considering that they don't seem to care about their users privacy too much.

She's trying to find common ground, were all grown ups here so lets act like it, there's no need to be snippy. Were not shooting down "everything" we just want a chit chat thread. That's it.

sadly i wont be able to post there... no idea why but cant post on company pages on fbook

wow - I am not SHOOTING down anything.  You haven't read my posts at all.  I have started individual threads and posted on them, etc.

I just want a chatty thread that doesn't have so many restrictions.  There is nothing wrong with asking about the FB and I resent your comment to me.
And right now we're offering suggestions about how to make everything run more smoothly, so what restrictions are you so bothered by that they require moving this entire subforum to facebook?

Guys, I apologize for not being a bigger part of this conversation, as I am in the process of moving out of state and I have been crazy stressed and super busy!

I am right in the middle of this debate as the person who started this thread to begin with, as well as being a mod and understanding how completely out of control this thread has become.

When this thread started, it was because there was no Memebox thread on MakeupTalk, and I wanted to tell everyone about it. At that point, the ONLY boxes that has been released were Memebox #1, #2 and #3. We had NO idea how many boxes were going to be pouring out over time.

For those of us who keep up with this thread or have stalked it for long enough to understand the chit chat, this is a community of people who love Memebox and love to talk about/get excited about boxes.

For new members and visitors that are looking for SPECIFIC information, this thread is a jumbled, confused mess. As mods, we want to make sure that these threads and the Memebox group in general is useful for not only the current members, but for new members and inquiring members as well. It's how makeuptalk acquires and keeps new members and has existed successfully for so long. Even so, there is no desire to alienate or upset current active members, either.

As you all know, because of the sheer volume of boxes that are released at a rapid rate, it's incredibly difficult to find the BEST solution for new members looking for information, current members looking to chat, and moderators having to keep up with everything. Let's be honest here: there IS no option that is going to make everyone happy. What we need to do as a community (Memebox forum and makeuptalk in general) is try and figure out a solution as close to middle ground as possible, and understand that this is a transition phase for the Memebox forum. That the company grew way faster than any of us could imagine or keep up with. It grew more than I anticipated when I made this thread, but I think the important thing is to be open to change, and feel free to contribute ideas or solutions to the conversation. That's the only way we're going to come up with a plan that works best!
I have a feeling it may take multiple tries to get a good system set up, but I'm willing to stick it out and keep this gem of a community in my life. But everyone should keep in mind that while some attempts may not work...we can still try again.

I think it needs to reiterated that the mods do NOT want to take away a general chit chat thread, but we're trying to figure out a way to make it so it doesn't become the second coming of this thread. That general conversation is totally fine, but box-specific talk should be put in it's corresponding, separate thread. The concern is how we keep a general chat thread just that.

I have a feeling it may take multiple tries to get a good system set up, but I'm willing to stick it out and keep this gem of a community in my life. But everyone should keep in mind that while some attempts may not work...we can still try again.
Exactly. This is why its a work in progress. The birchbox forum went through a lot of evolution, and a lot of that required trial and error by Zadidoll, until we got into a good swing of things. After that, Zadi stepped back completely, and its almost entirely member run. I never see her post in that subforum anymore. And I hardly EVER have to moderate there, and I mean ever.

eta: I'm saying this as someone who has been involved with primarily the Birchbox community for over 2 years. Its not something that just magically happens over night, and it requires a group effort from everyone.

sorry to suddenly jump in cos i'm still quite new to this....but the impression that i got from this thread was not for me to find specific info "inside" the pages (like there was no way i was going to read every single post in here to find the info i wanted), but if i did want to know something, i would make a post, and someone (or some people) would reply to my post....and that's what i really liked about this thread  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but if i'm going to have to follow every thread relating to memeboxes to see everything, that's going to be a problem  :unsure: i read the posts here via email, and wow, it would be really confusing there  :wacko:

The more I think about it the better the idea of an FAQ thread sounds, it would be super helpful and easy for a memebox beginner to navigate.
This might be experimental bias, but since creating and pinning the birchbox faq thread, we've gotten far less questions in there, I feel like.

This is a chance for everyone to contribute. The one I copied/pasted in to a pinned thread was compiled by a ton of members over a period of months. Y'all know better than anyone else what gets asked frequently around here. :]

This might be experimental bias, but since creating and pinning the birchbox faq thread, we've gotten far less questions in there, I feel like.

This is a chance for everyone to contribute. The one I copied/pasted in to a pinned thread was compiled by a ton of members over a period of months. Y'all know better than anyone else what gets asked frequently around here. :]
Like how to use the ems site to track our packages, and how it takes several days after they ship to send us tracking numbers, lol.

Like how to use the ems site to track our packages, and how it takes several days after they ship to send us tracking numbers, lol.
Yes! EMS is a confusing monster for a lot of people. Fortunately I wasn't to thrown off by it because I order things from Asia a lot.

Yes! EMS is a confusing monster for a lot of people. Fortunately I wasn't to thrown off by it because I order things from Asia a lot.
I'm stubborn, I just jacked with it until it worked. But I did learn that you can just plunk the tracking number into USPS and track it from there too, you just won't get as detailed information about your package until it gets to the US.

Latest posts

Back