Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has turned into a revolving thread and tbh if they weren't pushing to change something that has been this way for months there wouldn't be so much resistance. personally i want it to stay on memebox chat not on this
me too!!  I liked the convos we all had here and the community feel.  I won't get that on individual box threads, because I do not purchase every box and neither does anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
it has turned into a revolving thread and tbh if they weren't pushing to change something that has been this way for months there wouldn't be so much resistance. personally i want it to stay on memebox chat not on this
It has been this way for months because nobody could predict how quickly memebox was going to push boxes out and predict how everyone would choose to use this thread. Because of that, this subforum has to evolve, as @@meaganola already said.

Did I mention how much I hatehate*hate* this return to the all-one-thread jumble?  It's no longer like a ball of fifty different strings I'm trying to keep straight.  It's now like fifty scoops of different flavors of ice cream, all left to sit out on the counter all afternoon, and someone has come along and given it a good stir every half hour or so, so you can't even separate one string out of the mess.  It's even worse now.  
Sounds like Hate to me, and Not "evolve". I take that offensively, as I'm also contributer to this thread

I hate this thread too. And I would like to see it evolve. Those aren't mutually exclusive.
Evolve, can you please elaborate? Because all I'm seeing is "evolve" I mean? I'm confused.If you mods "HATE" this thread so much, than just say it how it is, you don't like going through it and organizing things. Tell us, don't beat around the bush. I'd appreciate that more than MOD VS MEMBER. Obviously the mods see it there way and that's that. So I'm done with this whole "evolve" stuff lol.

I don't see what we're supposed to post in seperate threads when we haven't received the boxes they concern. Some boxes are months away so it's unreasonable to expect people will want to talk specifically about them.

And as many people have rightly stated: with the number of boxes Memebox releases every week, we'll soon be flooded with threads.

Sounds like Hate to me, and Not "evolve". I take that offensively, as I'm also contributer to this thread
I stand by both word choices.  I hate it because it's not evolving.  And I stated why I hate it:  It's a mess of everything all lumped together with absolutely no organization.  And that's not my opinion as a mod.  That's my opinion as a user.  

Evolve, can you please elaborate? Because all I'm seeing is "evolve" I mean? I'm confused. I' mean if you mods "HATE" this thread so much, than just say it how it is, you don't like going through it and organizing things. Tell us, don't beat around the bush.
You can dislike the way something is at the moment and still have an appreciation for the potential it has. This thread has seen a lot of great stuff but it is disorganized, the way I see it is that the mods want everyone to have access to the huge amount of knowledge that some of us have about memebox without having to wade through all of our chatter. And it seems to me like this is a fairly logical next step in this sub forum.

Right I'm up to the last post . This happened on another forum I use. (Rarely now) die to reasons like this all I can see is someone setting up a memebox chatter group and everyone joining that then this will end up barely used . Only for when boxes start arriving. Just my thoughts . A chatter thread is needed for day to day unless MUT do not want traffic to there forum anymore . At present many people past and present who are keeping away from the individual threads are just not logging on to look as there is too much to look at and which post do I post on if I like said product but has been in 4 different boxes iykwim .

I mean a Facebook chatter group

Look - the other subforums work smoothly because the members are the ones who keep it organized and post in more than one thread, we don't have to clean up after them in most circumstances.

I'm not saying this is exactly how it needs to be but:

• shipping issues in shipping issue thread
  • promos in promo thread
  • maybe a thread for when new boxes are released
  • box information/spoilers/etc in the box threads (lucky box thread, super box thread, etc.) - i'm still not 100% sure how broken down these boxes will be because i, and most people, have no idea how memebox is going to develop - this is one reason why this is a work in progress
  • even a FAQ thread would be awesome like the birchbox one - i am subbed but i don't know a lot about memebox - this is a great way to help new members and new subscribers jump in
  • anything else? i dont know every nook and cranny about memebox which is why this is a member project as much as it is a moderator project.

I am NOT opposed to a general chit chatter thread. Usually the birchbox month threads are general chit chatter until boxes ship too, its how we stay sane while waiting. I just believe this sub forum needs to be more than one massive thread because people who are new, either to the forum, or to memebox, are going to feel very isolated trying to jump into a 320 page thread.

There's a very helpful product review thread which might be an appropriate place to discuss specific products.

One of the mods mentioned going to one of the individual threads to post when that individual box ships; my concern is that, since they are all spoiler threads, I might pop in to helpfully let folks know my box has shipped, and getting spoiled when it turns out someone has already gotten hers (I don't want to be spoiled for this box, but I do want to keep abreast of shipping progress). If we're expected to post in box-specific threads from now on, can we go back to hiding the spoilers?

Does that make sense?

Look - the other subforums work smoothly because the members are the ones who keep it organized and post in more than one thread, we don't have to clean up after them in most circumstances.

I'm not saying this is exactly how it needs to be but:

• shipping issues in shipping issue thread
  • promos in promo thread
  • maybe a thread for when new boxes are released
  • box information/spoilers/etc in the box threads (lucky box thread, super box thread, etc.) - i'm still not 100% sure how broken down these boxes will be because i, and most people, have no idea how memebox is going to develop - this is one reason why this is a work in progress
  • even a FAQ thread would be awesome like the birchbox one - i am subbed but i don't know a lot about memebox - this is a great way to help new members and new subscribers jump in
  • anything else? i dont know every nook and cranny about memebox which is why this is a member project as much as it is a moderator project.

I am NOT opposed to a general chit chatter thread. Usually the birchbox month threads are general chit chatter until boxes ship too, its how we stay sane while waiting. I just believe this sub forum needs to be more than one massive thread because people who are new, either to the forum, or to memebox, are going to feel very isolated trying to jump into a 320 page thread.
I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on that.  Go back and read the earlier posts today from the mods.   That is what got people upset, myself included.

When zadidoll stated this last week, there were a lot of restrictions, which is why it probably got bad reviews - and here it is again.    I and other members have created individual threads about memeboxes, and posted spoilers and such.  The members here are trying to follow the new rules, but the earlier posts on this topic from the mods here were discounting all of the effort the members had already put forth.

since the promos are usually only good for a very short time, like 24 hours, a lot of people might miss them if they are in a separate thread.  I still feel that we can post in both, if need be.

There's a very helpful product review thread which might be an appropriate place to discuss specific products.

One of the mods mentioned going to one of the individual threads to post when that individual box ships; my concern is that, since they are all spoiler threads, I might pop in to helpfully let folks know my box has shipped, and getting spoiled when it turns out someone has already gotten hers (I don't want to be spoiled for this box, but I do want to keep abreast of shipping progress). If we're expected to post in box-specific threads from now on, can we go back to hiding the spoilers?

Does that make sense?
I think that's a reasonable request- Spoilers can still be posted in individual threads, but under a spoiler :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that's a reasonable request- Spoilers can still be posted in individual threads, but under a spoiler :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Meanwhile we can keep speculating on what oddball products may end up in the boxes, lol.
Those of you who have been to the 10 min box thread will know that hilarious speculation will ensue.

And to forestall the objection I know is immediate:  Yes, I know we just put "spoiler" in all of the thread titles last night because of all of the spoiler posts being moved.  Mods can take that word out of the titles and put spoiler tags in the posts themselves, but it's going to take a bit of time to get it all done.

Latest posts

Back