Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't there a new arrivals thread? There could also be a 'Points Promotion' thread. Easy enough!

Still waiting for a valid argument for this mega thread to be left open. I'm seeing lots of posts about how you wouldn't have know things about Memebox if it weren't for this thread, but it's the only thread anyone is really using right now, so of course that's true. In fact, for a long time it was the only thread. 

When @@MissJexie first started this thread, I'm sure she had NO idea that Memebox was going to be moving this quickly & releasing this many boxes. The thread was originally designed with the assumption that it was going to be about one box a month. We need to change the threads to accommodate Memebox's growth over the last few months. 

If everyone would actually post in the individual box threads, there would be a lot more useful information in them. Right now I can see how they'd look useless since no one is really using them. 

This is really no different than when Popsugar or Birchbox releases a limited edition box. They get their own thread. And it just so happens that ALL of the Memeboxes are limited edition type boxes, so they should also get their own thread, no?
Could we feasibly have a general discussion thread in addition to individual box threads? (Even if it is a part 2 and this one gets locked) Would it be easier for everyone if we had those and a chit chat thread so we could keep the chatter separate from the information? Just trying to be helpful

You said a few pages back that doing this merge would make you

're "job" easier... Now its that the "thread needs to evolve" well isnt that what the other sub threads are for?
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Her two statements aren't irreconcilable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could we feasibly have a general discussion thread in addition to individual box threads? (Even if it is a part 2 and this one gets locked) Would it be easier for everyone if we had those and a chit chat thread so we could keep the chatter separate from the information? Just trying to be helpful
I'm just not sure what would go into a general discussion thread, that couldn't go into a more organized separate thread. I'm totally open to thoughts on this, I just haven't seen an idea yet that we don't already have a separate thread for or could make one for. 

And I fear that, since there appears to be a lot (understatement) of resistance to the individual threads, this mega thread would just be recreated with a general chit chat thread. 

Birchbox has run quite smoothly for the last two years - tons of different threads on sample packs, faqs, anniversary codes, other promo codes, monthly boxes, limited edition boxes, new programs like ACES etc. ,etc. etc.

There is no reason this subforum shouldn't be able to run the same way.

None of that information can be gleaned from 319 pages of chatter.

I'm just not sure what would go into a general discussion thread, that couldn't go into a more organized separate thread. I'm totally open to thoughts on this, I just haven't seen an idea yet that we don't already have a separate thread for or could make one for. 

And I fear that, since there appears to be a lot (understatement) of resistance to the individual threads, this mega thread would just be recreated with a general chit chat thread. 
I know I stated I wasn't coming back here to this thread, but the part I bolded is totally incorrect.

People have stated that until their boxes come in, there isn't much to post on the individual threads.   No one is resisting individual threads -    many members here have stated, time & time again, we will post on them for spoilers and when our boxes start arriving.

Isn't there a new arrivals thread? There could also be a 'Points Promotion' thread. Easy enough!

This is really no different than when Popsugar or Birchbox releases a limited edition box. They get their own thread. And it just so happens that ALL of the Memeboxes are limited edition type boxes, so they should also get their own thread, no?
I'm not sure Birchbox is the best example for this.  There's def more posting about the LE boxes in the monthly threads then in their own threads; In full bloom only has 12 posts, Birchbox finds has 13 posts, free for all has the most at 22 posts.  There's the chance that dividing up discussion into all these threads will stifle the overall discussion; giving the boxes their own threads is fine but having a thread just for point promos is a bit excessive.  Plus I can't be the only one annoyed by all the memebox threads clogging up the view new content section.

I agree that the general thread could stand to be trimmed down and I especially like that when zadi redid the thread that the first post was very informative but getting rid of it altogether seems a bit much.  I'm one of the people that would not have subscribed to memebox had it not been for this thread and I def would not have even looked at a thread called luckybox or nakedbox without knowing what it was about previously.

All we want, and I speak for myself and those who have stated, we want this thread to talk, "CHIT CHAT" about memebox. That's it, that's all, I see no harm in that. Make a part 2# or #3 Or #4 as long has we have a home to talk about Memebox In general.

Birchbox has run quite smoothly for the last two years - tons of different threads on sample packs, faqs, anniversary codes, other promo codes, monthly boxes, limited edition boxes, new programs like ACES etc. ,etc. etc.

There is no reason this subforum shouldn't be able to run the same way.

None of that information can be gleaned from 316 pages of chatter.
birchbox doesn't release 6 boxes in one day.

It seems to me this is a moderator decision and not a member decision, so just be upfront with that and not try to tell us it is for the "better" and we will like it, when it is designed for the moderator's ease - which as I am a mod on several other boards, I totally get.

I also get that when members push back and list their concerns, I listen to them as well - I don't try to tear them down and dismiss them either.

Ouch just on a break at work and thought I'd pop in here. Wow I have payed for

50 boxes most not shipped and now I'm being asked to post in a specific thread when the boxes haven't even been shipped. The threads are dormant if you have bought global boxes to no16. And if there is a topic on a certain products let's say cheese cream are we know saying it will be moved to say 10 threads . This chat thread is great and to be fair the main one I read and post too. The others are not so used as I'm having to go out my way. The amount of

Threads opening when not even being shipped sends me back to this thread far too much going on but nothing posted. And I would post

My oil and trouble2 pics but this new forum still won't let me. Going back to reading previous comments now . To be fair this forum was going to be a different set up to others on MUT die to it not being a subscription service as such too many boxes.

What I mean by a general thread is a place to put our thoughts about the company as a whole. For example: whether we feel the company delivers quality service and good product, our thoughts on improvements for the company as a whole (not products they should put in the boxes as we already have a thread for that), whether we would continue to repurchase based on service and experiences with the company. Now that I think about it the way I picture the general discussion is more like a review of the company, maybe it could be called something similar to that. *shrug* Just an idea.
That being said a chitchat thread would give us all a place to talk while both waiting for our boxes and keeping pertinent information more accessible in the informational threads.

Ouch just on a break at work and thought I'd pop in here. Wow I have payed for

50 boxes most not shipped and now I'm being asked to post in a specific thread when the boxes haven't even been shipped. The threads are dormant if you have bought global boxes to no16. And if there is a topic on a certain products let's say cheese cream are we know saying it will be moved to say 10 threads . This chat thread is great and to be fair the main one I read and post too. The others are not so used as I'm having to go out my way. The amount of

Threads opening when not even being shipped sends me back to this thread far too much going on but nothing posted. And I would post

My oil and trouble2 pics but this new forum still won't let me. Going back to reading previous comments now . To be fair this forum was going to be a different set up to others on MUT die to it not being a subscription service as such too many boxes.
Exactly, if someone has not received there box, and a bunch of other member's have,and are posting in that SPECIFIC box's thread, that will limit that persons experience with memebox, and other members here on MUT.

What I mean by a general thread is a place to put our thoughts about the company as a whole. For example: whether we feel the company delivers quality service and good product, our thoughts on improvements for the company as a whole (not products they should put in the boxes as we already have a thread for that), whether we would continue to repurchase based on service and experiences with the company. Now that I think about it the way I picture the general discussion is more like a review of the company, maybe it could be called something similar to that. *shrug* Just an idea.

That being said a chitchat thread would give us all a place to talk while both waiting for our boxes and keeping pertinent information more accessible in the informational threads.
I like the idea of a general chitchat thread, and like you said, I want pertinent information in box threads ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm a huge fan of what we've got going on in the 10 Minute Box thread!

some of the posts I made for the 10 minute box would not have appeared.  I posted them in this thread.   They were moved, along with the other posts as well.

so, yes, you will lose out on the general chat and flow while waiting for a box. 

I don't wanna butt in but really? Over a change of things in here? Let's be peaceful, they try to work hard and improve things and experiment, give them a break...let's be thankful they are working hard to try to improve our experience. This is going way off topic.

Just my opinion, Thanks for your hard work page administrators and mods!

I do not think it is off topic to discuss this here - it was brought up here by the moderators.    As far as improving the experience, that is subjective!!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't wanna butt in but really? Over a change of things in here? Let's be peaceful, they try to work hard and improve things and experiment, give them a break...let's be thankful they are working hard to try to improve our experience. This is going way off topic.

Just my opinion, Thanks for your hard work page administrators and mods!
Definitely!

I know that I hope my posts are coming across the way I want them to. I'm not angry, I just want to help find a solution that will work for everyone (mods and members)

it has turned into a revolving thread and tbh if they weren't pushing to change something that has been this way for months there wouldn't be so much resistance. personally i want it to stay on memebox chat not on this

Latest posts

Back