Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ @@veritazy latest topic/thread Images coming soon!
Very good to hear. Can't wait! I hope you will bring back some of the other features that just made MUT easier to use and kept people here. I think emails are another thing that have changed for the worse. I miss having a lot of conversation on here and I feel like a lot of girls have left due to the confusion.

I agree - I mean, my comments about my luckybox being in NY was moved from here to the luckybox thread....really?  When I get my LB, I will post the info there.  But this is a general discussion/chat thread and I am not too pleased that my excitement (and there was another post from rachelshine who was excited about her nakedbox being in LA) moved from here to a thread that hardly anyone is going to look at until we actually GET our stuff.  This type of moving posts that don't really need to be moved is turning me off big time.  I started ordering memeboxes BECAUSE OF THIS thread, not any individual threads.

Can we please leave those comments in the general?  Just trust us that we will post spoilers and our actual box contents in the appropriate thread but leave our general chatting & excitement in this thread?  We are adults here and we know that that spoilers and actual revealing of the box contents - you want us to post it those threads - we get the message.  But this is a chat - so please, leave our chatting here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
10 more points are okay (although I probably won't spend them)... but I kinda prefer them to stop churning out so many boxes this week!

Shipping dates being delayed and emails not being answered are signs that they should slow down a bit, and clear the orders they have on hand :/ 

Or please just start hiring more people? lol

P.s.: I ordered one item from memeshop on 18/5 and was shipped 24/5, so excluding the weekend it took them 5 working days to process and ship just 1 item :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd hope they speed up a bit... 

There's like 500 spoiler threads now... It's more fun having one spoiler thread than a billion..

Oh well.

i thought those are discussion and spoiler threads. meaning spoilers need to be

spoiler-ed

i thought those are discussion and spoiler threads. meaning spoilers need to be

spoiler-ed
Do you mean the posts in threads with "spoiler" in the title of the threads?  If so, if "spoiler" is in the title, there is no need to use spoiler tags/boxes.  That is specifically why we use that word in the thread titles.  That's how we do it for Birchbox, ipsy, PopSugar, Julep, etc.

Do you mean the posts in threads with "spoiler" in the title of the threads?  If so, if "spoiler" is in the title, there is no need to use spoiler tags/boxes.  That is specifically why we use that word in the thread titles.  That's how we do it for Birchbox, ipsy, PopSugar, Julep, etc.
I mean in the threads. You are right, I think we should try discuss and spoil things in the respective threads. The title is fine.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have mixed feelings about the change. On one hand, I hate the idea of having to follow so many different threads in order to see what's in all the boxes. On the other hand, I want to keep the contents of the makeup box a surprise, which would probably not be possible in a general spoiler discussion. I guess we could always post a heads-up here whenever someone posts a spoiler.

In other news, my 2 orders became "Ready for shipment" last night; hopefully this means I'll have tracking soon?

Do you mean the posts in threads with "spoiler" in the title of the threads? If so, if "spoiler" is in the title, there is no need to use spoiler tags/boxes. That is specifically why we use that word in the thread titles. That's how we do it for Birchbox, ipsy, PopSugar, Julep, etc.
Sorry i am getting confused. Do you mean from now on there will be 2 box-specific threads for each box: one with "spoiler" in the title and one without? Or every box specific thread has the "spoiler" word, meaning those who don't want to know the box content yet need to go elsewhere to discuss?

Sorry i am getting confused. Do you mean from now on there will be 2 box-specific threads for each box: one with "spoiler" in the title and one without? Or every box specific thread has the "spoiler" word, meaning those who don't want to know the box content yet need to go elsewhere to discuss?
Nope!  One specific box-thread for each box (or kind of box), and all discussion and spoilers should go there.

The issue with this mega-thread, guys, is that it's hard for us as a team of moderators to keep up with because there's just SO MUCH.  Additionally, it's hard to find any info here (any users, that is).  We've discussed plenty of ways to switch how this works, because one mega-thread while other threads are being neglected is no fun.  You order a box, it ships, keep your excitement in the box which shipped's thread.  When your box ships, you may not think that's useful information to anyone, but to someone who's trying to figure out when their box is gonna ship, it helps to see that other people's are shipping.  Spoilers go in those specific threads too.  All chatter needs to start moving to individual threads because it IS important, and people want to see it- but gonna be honest, when I started Memebox, I was terrified of this thread because of its sheer gigantic-ness.

You guys will get used to it, it really is for the better.  This is how all the other subscription box pages are run, and it works beautifully.  Yeah, it'll be a ton of different threads, but most of you are fairly seasoned MUT-ers and I can't see you just subbing to one or two threads!  Organization by box is a beautiful thing!

Another reason we're trying to get things redirected to the box-specific threads:  MUT becomes more awesome when we get new members, and we get new members via people Googling things like "birchbox may 2014 spoilers."  That's how I ended up here (well, obviously not the May 2014 box, but Googling Birchbox spoilers?  Yup).  With this thread, you can't Google "memebox office essentials spoilers" and land here.  I looked through seven pages of results (the search cut off after that), and this thread was nowhere to be found.  There were multiple Russian and Polish pages, and the Office Essentials-specific thread was the fourth result (after two Memebox.com pages and a post going through each item in the spoiler video), but not *this* thread.  You may not think it's a big deal, but it is *huge* because it comes down to ease of use.  This thread might be easier *for you*, but we have to think outside of just this small group of people.

Also:  We know Memebox reads these threads since we have stated we wanted X box, and then *poof*!  X box appeared.  By drilling things down to box-specific pages, they can easily find, say, the Mask box thread and see that this mask was not well-received, but we would love to see this other mask, and that will help them curate future boxes to better suit our wishes.  They *could* come in this thread to look for that information, but, seriously, we're at over 6300 posts.  It's just *too much* to dig through.

And like @@elizabethrose said, this structure is pretty much exactly how every other subscription box subforum works around here.  It doesn't make *any* sense to me to have the Memebox subforum work any differently.

The issue with this mega-thread, guys, is that it's hard for us as a team of moderators to keep up with because there's just SO MUCH.  Additionally, it's hard to find any info here (any users, that is).  We've discussed plenty of ways to switch how this works, because one mega-thread while other threads are being neglected is no fun.  You order a box, it ships, keep your excitement in the box which shipped's thread.  When your box ships, you may not think that's useful information to anyone, but to someone who's trying to figure out when their box is gonna ship, it helps to see that other people's are shipping.  Spoilers go in those specific threads too.  All chatter needs to start moving to individual threads because it IS important, and people want to see it- but gonna be honest, when I started Memebox, I was terrified of this thread because of its sheer gigantic-ness.

You guys will get used to it, it really is for the better.  This is how all the other subscription box pages are run, and it works beautifully.  Yeah, it'll be a ton of different threads, but most of you are fairly seasoned MUT-ers and I can't see you just subbing to one or two threads!  Organization by box is a beautiful thing!
Tbh, going from thread to thread to thread to thread is going to tire people. Keeping each 100th box to 100 threads is quite over board. The general discussion (this thread) should be just as important as every other thread, that is specific to each box.  I ordered the 10 min box, so now I have to not only mention HERE that I received my 10 min box, but now "have" to mention it in the "10 MIN BOX" thread that I received it, and now If I want to post the spoiler, I will have to post it there as well, ok so now what, what happens with the general spoiler thread? So that's 4 threads that I will have to post in about this box? I mean I can understand the spoiler thread, where I would post the spoilers, but , I'm only going to saying a one or two liner for each box, in that specific thread, because I have other GENERAL Memebox things to discuss in this thread (General discussion) even if it is about the 10 min box. I don't know it just seems like marketing to me. Whatever suites the Memebox and our Mod's, I GUESS I'll live with lol.

Another reason we're trying to get things redirected to the box-specific threads:  MUT becomes more awesome when we get new members, and we get new members via people Googling things like "birchbox may 2014 spoilers."  That's how I ended up here (well, obviously not the May 2014 box, but Googling Birchbox spoilers?  Yup).  With this thread, you can't Google "memebox office essentials spoilers" and land here.  I looked through seven pages of results (the search cut off after that), and this thread was nowhere to be found.  There were multiple Russian and Polish pages, and the Office Essentials-specific thread was the fourth result (after two Memebox.com pages and a post going through each item in the spoiler video), but not *this* thread.  You may not think it's a big deal, but it is *huge* because it comes down to ease of use.  This thread might be easier *for you*, but we have to think outside of just this small group of people.

Also:  We know Memebox reads these threads since we have stated we wanted X box, and then *poof*!  X box appeared.  By drilling things down to box-specific pages, they can easily find, say, the Mask box thread and see that this mask was not well-received, but we would love to see this other mask, and that will help them curate future boxes to better suit our wishes.  They *could* come in this thread to look for that information, but, seriously, we're at over 6300 posts.  It's just *too much* to dig through.

And like @@elizabethrose said, this structure is pretty much exactly how every other subscription box subforum works around here.  It doesn't make *any* sense to me to have the Memebox subforum work any differently.
and that just confirms my previous post :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tbh, going from thread to thread to thread to thread is going to tire people. Keeping each 100th box to 100 threads is quite over board. The general discussion (this thread) should be just as important as every other thread, that is specific to each box.  I ordered the 10 min box, so now I have to not only mention HERE that I received my 10 min box, but now "have" to mention it in the "10 MIN BOX" thread that I received it, and now If I want to post the spoiler, I will have to post it there as well, ok so now what, what happens with the general spoiler thread? So that's 4 threads that I will have to post in about this box? I mean I can understand the spoiler thread, where I would post the spoilers, but , I'm only going to saying a one or two liner for each box, in that specific thread, because I have other GENERAL Memebox things to discuss in this thread (General discussion) even if it is about the 10 min box. I don't know it just seems like marketing to me. Whatever suites the Memebox and our Mod's, I GUESS I'll live with lol.
Nah so- the idea is that you'll just move those to the 10 Minute Box page, the spoiler thread will disappear eventually, and this thread will disappear eventually.

The idea is that we're weaning you guys off of this thread instead of just locking it and making it disappear immediately- moving discussion to all the other threads INSTEAD of this one and the spoiler thread.  This thread and the spoiler thread are not intended to last after we start making this transition.

Also, I dunno what counts as "general" but not specific to a certain box.  I don't mean this snarkily, I legitimately don't get it.  If something large enough comes up that deserves its own separate thread, that will happen.  We're working to get this section of MUT similar to the other subscription box pages and threads- and guys, trust me when I say it works.  You don't lose your community, you just hop around a little bit more.

yeah, well, it just seems to me that the members liked this format a lot and didn't request a change.  I guess if I am getting a box shipped out, I will remember NOT to include what box it is, so it doesn't get moved on me.  if I wanted to post it in another thread, I can and will do that.

Nah so- the idea is that you'll just move those to the 10 Minute Box page, the spoiler thread will disappear eventually, and this thread will disappear eventually.

The idea is that we're weaning you guys off of this thread instead of just locking it and making it disappear immediately- moving discussion to all the other threads INSTEAD of this one and the spoiler thread.  This thread and the spoiler thread are not intended to last after we start making this transition.

Also, I dunno what counts as "general" but not specific to a certain box.  I don't mean this snarkily, I legitimately don't get it.  If something large enough comes up that deserves its own separate thread, that will happen.  We're working to get this section of MUT similar to the other subscription box pages and threads- and guys, trust me when I say it works.  You don't lose your community, you just hop around a little bit more.
really?  We were told that this general chat would stay - just like the general sephora chat and the enablers chat.  You guys don't move that stuff around over there.

How about letting the members decide if they want to be weaned.  I am more than happy to post spoilers and the contents of my box when I get it in the appropriate thread, but this tone is turning me off completely here.

members make this board and if the members feel unwelcomed, it doesn't matter what "you feel is for the best, trust us", they won't post.  The members are telling you, straight up, how cumbersome this is and how they feel it has lost its community feel and that opinion is being discounted.

it is bad enough since the move here that a lot of posters are missing.  and now to compound issues, you want to "make over" this forum, not because the members requested it.

btw - my box shipping out was not a big thing.  I ordered it well AFTER it began shipping out.  geez.

General as in - "Memebox is going overboard with releasing so many boxes"? Where I'm I going to post that? lol in the 10 minute box, cause I'm probably going to get 1 warning point in 10 mins lol

Latest posts

Back