Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 Just placed my first ever Meme Box order!  MemeBox 14 and Super Box Dermo .  I'm addicted to Dr Jart's so I have high hopes for some great things from the Dermo box.
I did my first memebox order over mother's day weekend.  I now am waiting on 8 boxes and one memeshop order! lol

Did I mention how much I hatehate*hate* this return to the all-one-thread jumble?  It's no longer like a ball of fifty different strings I'm trying to keep straight.  It's now like fifty scoops of different flavors of ice cream, all left to sit out on the counter all afternoon, and someone has come along and given it a good stir every half hour or so, so you can't even separate one string out of the mess.  It's even worse now.  

i didn't personally purchase that. But anti-aging stuff are generally expensive to begin with, so it is understandable that they would price it at $59 for a bunch of full-sized items. Miss Cherricelle spoiled the box here, and judging from the comments, I would say the response was positive.

It really depends on what you are looking for. 

And gosh!! 10 boxes!  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ten aint so bad if you preordered until October tbh. I know I have more than ten lol.

Did I mention how much I hatehate*hate* this return to the all-one-thread jumble?  It's no longer like a ball of fifty different strings I'm trying to keep straight.  It's now like fifty scoops of different flavors of ice cream, all left to sit out on the counter all afternoon, and someone has come along and given it a good stir every half hour or so, so you can't even separate one string out of the mess.  It's even worse now.  
I actually love it!! 

I guess when we start getting our memeboxes, we will post in the appropriate threads, but this format works for me.  It is casual and fun chatting!

I actually love it!!

I guess when we start getting our memeboxes, we will post in the appropriate threads, but this format works for me. It is casual and fun chatting!
Here's the thing: People were whining about not having a general discussion thread -- *in the general discussion thread*. It was so right there that *they were already in the place they were complaining they wanted*. They didn't even give the revamped format a real shot. It lasted all of... What? Two days? If that? Anyone who isn't already participating in this thread who finds it because they're looking for specific information -- and MUT really is one of the best resources for warts-and-all information about these services -- is never going to bother digging through more than six thousand posts when all they're looking for is information about a particular box. It's pretty much useless for information-gathering purposes without box-specific threads. I just don't understand the refusal to use the revamp *at all*.

Just speaking from my experience as a newb to Memebox, but I personally found it fun to dive in to this thread. It was a little confusing at first, but eventually all the pieces fell into place and I figured it out. The spoiler thread helped a lot, too. Do the individual box threads still exist? Maybe those who are unhappy here can nurture those and, that way, everyone can have what they want?

Actually, it was split to a chatter thread then put back in here if you want to check back. We only wanted to keep our chatter thread and weren't bothered whether it kept this name as long as we could still chatter. Much easily if like me you don't want to gop through loads of threads and just want to chatter about general memebox things.

To be honest this is best of both worlds as there is still the chatter thread as well as individual threads.

Here's the thing: People were whining about not having a general discussion thread -- *in the general discussion thread*. It was so right there that *they were already in the place they were complaining they wanted*. They didn't even give the revamped format a real shot. It lasted all of... What? Two days? If that? Anyone who isn't already participating in this thread who finds it because they're looking for specific information -- and MUT really is one of the best resources for warts-and-all information about these services -- is never going to bother digging through more than six thousand posts when all they're looking for is information about a particular box. It's pretty much useless for information-gathering purposes without box-specific threads. I just don't understand the refusal to use the revamp *at all*.
I gave it a shot - the new format.

there isn't anything wrong with having individual box threads and I will use them WHEN I get my boxes or find spoilers to put on them.

The problem was that there were too many restrictions around the general discussion thread.  No one wants to get warning points or whatever because they got excited and slipped up!

memeboxes aren't like monthly sub boxes - people order a bunch of them and then WAIT.  For up to 2 months.  Those individual box threads would languish for that time period, imo.

This way, the excitement of new boxes are a continuous scroll here.  Where else could you have posted those yummy lemon drink & food recipes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ?

hmm. for those who wanted the mini box and the makeup box. They are in stock right now for some reason so get them while those boxes are still available :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was just regretting missing out on the makeup box! I don't have any points but I'm tempted to get it, even though I just ordered my first box yesterday. That $7 shipping hurts, though.

ya the shipping is a bit stiff. Have you used any discount code yet? it gives you $3 off so maybe you can try to use one of those codes.

Actually, it was split to a chatter thread then put back in here if you want to check back. We only wanted to keep our chatter thread and weren't bothered whether it kept this name as long as we could still chatter. Much easily if like me you don't want to gop through loads of threads and just want to chatter about general memebox things.

To be honest this is best of both worlds as there is still the chatter thread as well as individual threads.
Yea

I was just regretting missing out on the makeup box! I don't have any points but I'm tempted to get it, even though I just ordered my first box yesterday. That $7 shipping hurts, though.
Yea it adds a dent in the wallet, It really does add up. I'm pretty strict on shipping fees. Although it is 6.99 its x that for Canadians, due to conversion rate 6.99 US =7.60$ CDN .   A 39$ Memebox ends up to be  42/43$ 3-4$ more give or take.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm. for those who wanted the mini box and the makeup box. They are in stock right now for some reason so get them while those boxes are still available :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh no, i wanted the makeup box for a long time but the 10 bonus points expired now :X Anyway this is good for my low-buy plan and i'll live through the spoilers haha

all the boxes in the uk have postage charges so i am used to paying charges and tbh $6.99 is about £4 to £4.5 and most postage charges on uk boxes are three pound ish so not that much more expensive.

Ten aint so bad if you preordered until October tbh. I know I have more than ten lol.
It is bad for me, especially because I am a student  :laughno:   :laughno:   :laughno:

If that's since the beginning of my memebox escapades to the very last box I am expecting, I have more than 10 too..  :blush2:

It is bad for me, especially because I am a student  :laughno:   :laughno:   :laughno:

If that's since the beginning of my memebox escapades to the very last box I am expecting, I have more than 10 too..  :blush2:
haha im also a student and I think I order more than 10 boxes or even more. Cant keep track now lol. Im so Broke so no more shopping for clothes when Im going to the states. lol

Latest posts

Back