Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, 18 points to spend?! What to buy, what to buy...
That was how many points I had this morning. I know 10 of them are only for 24 hours, but that's too good of a deal to pass up! I snagged the Oriental box because it seemed fancy and interesting! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh dear, should I get oriental medicine or the second hair and body box? These points are burning a hole in my pocket and I can't decide! Have there been any spoilers for either? Did those of you who got the first hair and body box like the products?

Oh dear, should I get oriental medicine or the second hair and body box? These points are burning a hole in my pocket and I can't decide! Have there been any spoilers for either? Did those of you who got the first hair and body box like the products?
I know I liked mine. There are many new things to try but even if you can't use any, you could always gift them to friends/family. I think if I am to choose now, I would get the oriental just for the $5 back lols.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Only ended up getting 10 points, since I didn't buy any of the boxes which had points back. To my chagrin, and thanks to my boyfriend guilt tripping me, I've made the decision to not spend them. D:

It'll be worth it tomorrow when I have an extra $13+$6.99 shipping in my pocket, I'm sure. No reason to buy something I didn't really want in the first place (now that the Mask #3 is gone, the only one I'm mildly interested in is the Hair and Body #2, but it seems like it'll have the same products as the first so...)

Being responsible is such a buzzkill.

I've read that it's really awful to put lemon on your face... anything citrus.  But I do want to try both of these.  This was the item I had my eye on too. 
but people use Vit C serums and creams all the time - isn't that citrus?  I really don't know!

but people use Vit C serums and creams all the time - isn't that citrus?  I really don't know!
ya i heard somewhere that citrus can caused hyperpigmentation when you're going outside. Citrus is acidic so it can change the ph level of your skin so I guess it depends on your skin type. if something irritates your skin, remove it immediately. and wear sunscreen when going outside even when it's dark outside :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I always wear sunscreen on my face!  But thank you for that.  I can see myself using this at night only, and I do wash my face in the morning, so hopefully, any residue of citrus acid will be gone!

I ended up ordering the milk box with today's points, I wonder if they would put a milky tint or gloss into the box...either would be a pleasant surprise. I would love the oriental medicine box but my skin is sensitive to at least one common natural ingredient (salicylic acid/willow bark extract) so I chose not to risk it.

Luckily, the memeboxes I've gotten so far have had nothing that my skin reacted badly to... This pleases me greatly, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitamin C is wonderful for the skin, it is an antioxidant and actually helps with hyperpigmentation. While vitamin C is found in citrus fruits and probably citrus oils/extracts, it is not the same thing -- sort of like saying you can't consume calcium because you're lactose intolerant!

Citrus oils are expressed extracts from the peel of the citrus fruit. The most common is lemon essential oil/extract. An enzyme called limonene exists in high amounts in lemon essential oil; it makes up approximately 50-75 percent. When limonene oxidizes due to exposure to UV rays and oxygen, it produces skin and respiratory irritants. Thus, it can cause skin irritation and is phototoxic (meaning that it can cause a sort of burn after being exposed to light), though the risk is somewhat low. The maximal recommended level for topical application is 2%; however, essential oils are not regulated in cosmetics in most countries. Additionally, you aren't sure if the oils in the product have been oxidized already or not, especially when they come in clear packaging which allows UV light to pass through. 

Though in a wash-off product like a cleanser, the risk is incredibly low that you will have any significant amount of citrus oil on your face, there is no guarantee. It's suggested that if you do happen to use something at or above the maximum level (2%), that you do not expose the skin to any UV rays for 12 hours. And yes, that includes light that is coming through your windows. A sunscreen will help, as well.

I'm unsure of the pH of citrus essential oils, but I would garner a guess that they are a bit on the acidic side, pH < 7. That's actually a good thing as far as skin goes, as the skin's natural pH is between 4 and 7. That said, using something that's the correct pH isn't going to do anything GOOD to your skin, it'll just keep things normal.

Many people use products with citrus oils/extracts all the time to varying effects. I and many others avoid their use because of their phototoxic properties, and because their positive effects (antioxidant, fragrance) can be taken over by other, 100% safe ingredients. It's up to you whether to use the cleanser, but I do urge you to patch test, and only use it in the evening before you head to bed. And then wash your face in the morning with water or a different cleanser. 

This has been Bunny's Fun Fact Science Corner. :wizard:

Thinking of getting the milk box, oriental medicene, & whole grain & use up my points. I'm so indecisive though, ahhh!

Yesterday I had no meme points, today I have 13, why are they toying with me? I got the oriental medicine, milk box and hair and body 2, which gave me 18 bucks off but earned me 10. Go ahead come out with something else tomorrow ahhhhh. Make it stop

My 15 points are burning a hole in my pocket. I'm so tempted. I'm leaning towards the milk box. Or maybe the oriental box. Or maybe box 14. Or maybe a color box. I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gahhh, okay, I have settled on JUST getting the Whole Grain box for $2.99 and being responsible. @@biancardi, we may have to set up another trade so I can try some of those Cocoon Silk Peeling Balls haha <3 

Latest posts

Back