Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Mask Edition #2:

SN Yew Tree Stem Cell Perfect Calming Soothing Mask x 2

LJH Tea Tree Mask x 2

Keyskin Gold Hydro Gel Eye & Spot Patch (60 eye patches + 30 spot patches)

Leaders Insolution Mask Sheet - Bio Medicuring Mask Aqua Dressing

Leaders Insolution Mask Sheet - Coconut Bio Mask With Tomato

Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask

Pure Smile Choosy Lip Pack - Fruit

I believe the first edition was very similar to this edition.

Also, I really love the leaders insolution masks! I usually put them on for over the time suggested, like an hour (or until they start drying up at the edges, whichever comes first). Makes a HUGE difference, for me. My face actually and truly seems brighter after using them (temporarily, of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if they meant scent as in body mist/ pefume/ scented lotion sense or as a scent in skincare and makeup. But this is certainly interesting!

Going to have to wait for a long time before I can get my hands on my meme items~ (away in another country :drive:  )

It's a change, but it's not necessarily a bad one. It'll just take some getting used to. We can chat about the new releases here, and if a spoiler comes up we can mention it here and redirect to the appropriate thread -- say, "There's a new Honey Superbox spoiler, check it out!" I imagine a few comments about the spoiler could be made on this thread but would be expected to remain, for the most part, in the Honey Superbox thread. If you quickly click on all of the thread titles so that they are unbolded at first, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of everything, and more organized looking as well.

Alternatively, you can always subscribe to the threads of the boxes you are most interested in, and then once in a while peek into the other threads to see spoilers.

There is a Naked box 16 available now!!! I might get it strictly because of the being bling cream which I am loving right now and is a perfect match for my skin. Also the cream that is in it is worth $67!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to purchase Dr. G products? I am in Canada and I am in love with the Bing Bling cream and want to try some other products. I can get the new Naked box# 16 (They put up 16-19) but I might want to try and get something else.... So if you know of a website I could order it from please let me know.

The problem is the wait.  We kinda need a general yakking thread to chat about memeboxes, spoilers, etc.
Is this not the thread to do that? If not whats this thread for than?

Not sure if they meant scent as in body mist/ pefume/ scented lotion sense or as a scent in skincare and makeup. But this is certainly interesting!

Going to have to wait for a long time before I can get my hands on my meme items~ (away in another country :drive:  )
they state this at the site

[SIZE=medium]Exploding with vitamin-C and antioxidants, Memebox Grapefruit will revitalize your body and put an end to all your sluggish days;)[/SIZE]

SCENTBOX

Scentbox is an assortment of beauty items that correlates with our box by box scent themes to bring you a trulyscent-sational experience. Our Scentbox is arranged with 3 to 4 full products and deluxe samples of the respective scent, so try out each box to discover your true signature scent!
so - I am taking it to be not only the scent, but they may include products that have Vit C in them as well.

Is this not the thread to do that? If not whats this thread for than?
there are a lot of rules for this thread - see opening post.  We aren't supposed to use this thread for spoilers or box discussions if there is already a thread on the box. 

See the new Nakedboxes here.

Gotta say, I feel a little proud of myself whenever a batch of boxes comes out and I don't feel the need to order any of them. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just wasn't tempted either with the nakedboxes.

which worries me a bit.  Because if I KNEW what was in the boxes I purchased before I ordered them,  would I have ordered them?

I just wasn't tempted either with the nakedboxes.

which worries me a bit.  Because if I KNEW what was in the boxes I purchased before I ordered them,  would I have ordered them?
I'm thinking no, cause I probably won't have...some of them. I mean, if you ordered any kind of sub box, KNOWING what would be in them, I don't think as much people would sign up for one. That's the glory about sub boxes, and how it brings people in, the unknown, the surprise. Knowing what's in the boxes before you even order one, gives one's self to argue about weather or not they need it, = lots of room to not purchase. I remember when I was new to Memebox, I HAD to have everyone they released, and than it slowed down, and down and here Iam, not really fazed much, they have to release an absolute amazing box like , a Holika Holika Super Super box for 39$ or a Laneige box for me to shell out anymore cash. I do still keep an eye on there new releases and such though.

It's a funny psychological phenomenon where you actually like things you've spent money on (especially a significant amount of money) than things you haven't spent money on (or didn't spend much money on). Think about how many times you've heard someone say, from a sub box, "I never would have bought this on my on, but I actually kind of like this"! It's not just because they genuinely like it -- they do -- but it's also human nature to justify our actions. "If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have spent money on it!"

The entire thrill of sub boxes is of surprise, and for Memebox specifically, it's getting products most of us could never get our hands on otherwise. It's also getting a good value of items, with a catch that we can't pick the items ourselves. Then there's a community aspect -- would I really be buying so many Memeboxes if I hated everyone who posted in this subforum, or simply never joined the website? I think this subforum does a great job of hyping us up to buy buy buy.

I mean, let's get real here: sub boxes are non-essentials. Even if everyone should use moisturizer/sunscreen/whathaveyou, it's not like we'll die without them, or otherwise there's plenty of inexpensive alternatives at the local drug store. I make a lot of quips about running out of money thanks to Memebox, but I just mean "I'm running out of excess spending money", not that I'm running out of money for bills or anything! I sincerely hope that anyone who is dipping into essentials (groceries, bill payments, etc) for Memebox sits for a second and thinks about their choices, because there will always be another Memebox around the corner for you to buy when you have enough money.

At the very least, we do get some miniscule amount of choice as opposed to a monthly subscription.

(As a side note, I feel like the Nakedboxes aren't worth nearly as much as the other boxes, most of the time. Is that just me? Maybe it's the amount of dupes that gets to me.)

It's a funny psychological phenomenon where you actually like things you've spent money on (especially a significant amount of money) than things you haven't spent money on (or didn't spend much money on). Think about how many times you've heard someone say, from a sub box, "I never would have bought this on my on, but I actually kind of like this"! It's not just because they genuinely like it -- they do -- but it's also human nature to justify our actions. "If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have spent money on it!"

The entire thrill of sub boxes is of surprise, and for Memebox specifically, it's getting products most of us could never get our hands on otherwise. It's also getting a good value of items, with a catch that we can't pick the items ourselves. Then there's a community aspect -- would I really be buying so many Memeboxes if I hated everyone who posted in this subforum, or simply never joined the website? I think this subforum does a great job of hyping us up to buy buy buy.

I mean, let's get real here: sub boxes are non-essentials. Even if everyone should use moisturizer/sunscreen/whathaveyou, it's not like we'll die without them, or otherwise there's plenty of inexpensive alternatives at the local drug store. I make a lot of quips about running out of money thanks to Memebox, but I just mean "I'm running out of excess spending money", not that I'm running out of money for bills or anything! I sincerely hope that anyone who is dipping into essentials (groceries, bill payments, etc) for Memebox sits for a second and thinks about their choices, because there will always be another Memebox around the corner for you to buy when you have enough money.

At the very least, we do get some miniscule amount of choice as opposed to a monthly subscription.

(As a side note, I feel like the Nakedboxes aren't worth nearly as much as the other boxes, most of the time. Is that just me? Maybe it's the amount of dupes that gets to me.)
for the nakedbox comment, its because you can see the items lol psychological.If I saw a nature box spoiler BEFORE i purchased it, I wouldnt had bought it, it had a dupe lanoa soap in it, that was one of the spoilers as well.

Just woke up and approximately after 5 hours the email was sent nakedbox #16 is sold out! Wow! Well some of the items caught my eyes e.g. the Chosungah gel and Re:cipe CC cream but looking at the whole box it's not that attractive with the dupes and also the item selections, so I think i can safely say I'll pass these :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (except memebox bombards us with yet another 5 points which I usually will succumb to buying...well i am working hard on resisting points)

It's a change, but it's not necessarily a bad one. It'll just take some getting used to. We can chat about the new releases here, and if a spoiler comes up we can mention it here and redirect to the appropriate thread -- say, "There's a new Honey Superbox spoiler, check it out!" I imagine a few comments about the spoiler could be made on this thread but would be expected to remain, for the most part, in the Honey Superbox thread. If you quickly click on all of the thread titles so that they are unbolded at first, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of everything, and more organized looking as well.

Alternatively, you can always subscribe to the threads of the boxes you are most interested in, and then once in a while peek into the other threads to see spoilers.
You're right I think that's how we deal wirh the change. Let's not let the newly imposed restrictions on this thread inhibit our discussion (and mood).

I'm gonna do the same if I post spoilers - to the box-specific thread and mention it here in the main thread (part 2).

I do like the fact that they have Naked Boxes, though.  Partly because I can see and RESIST!  It also gives those of us who missed out on a lot of the earlier boxes a chance to snag a few items we normally wouldn't be able to get.  That's what I did with Naked Box #14.  I had been so bummed i missed out on Memebox #7 but then I snagged the Slowganic cleansers in the Naked Box!

I highly agree that without this thread I would NOT have purchased as much as I have.  Which isn't much compared to some of you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But with this thread I know about all the new Memepoints and the deals and the special codes.  Which means I buy more!

Not knowing what is going to be in my box is definitely part of the fun.  Not being able to get some of those items without getting them in a Memebox ALSO makes it fun.  Nothing wrong with getting unusual, hard to get items added to my stash :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That said, its going to take years to use up all the stuff I have/will have!

Latest posts

Back